Paladin Tier 18 Protection Setbonus Feedback

Bored waiting for Blizz to unlock the servers!

I want to get some feedback about our new setbonus and what other people suggest gearing wise. Tier 17 (as much as I hated it) Was actually really good. However moving into T18 I see no use for the 4P set bonus.

Item - Paladin T18 Protection 2P Bonus: Every time you deal damage with Avengers Shield, you gain 1% healing over 5 sec for until cancelled.
    Item - Paladin T18 Protection 4P Bonus: Your Avenger Shield has a 0% chance to have it's cooldown instantly reset when used.

The reason why I think the 4set is useless (Unless I am missing somthing) is that is that it gains no HP regen and by the time I get enough Mythic gear in this patch the 2set will almost always be up based on how much Haste I have (Due to AS procs)

Would it be wiser to retain 2 set T17 Mythic? or Offset Mythic HFC peices? Just looking for some input here not a grilling.

Deleted
    This has already been agonised over a fair bit in the Prot discussion thread. Start at about page 270 if you want all of it, start around 280 if you want the more recent thinking.

I think the direction (without us having any real math yet) so far is leaning towards 2pc being mandatory and 4pc giving it a bit of a nice bump even if it does slightly clip the odd HP generator. I'm personally aiming for 2pc asap by which point we'll hopefully have real numbers to see if 4pc is actually valuable or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone still linking the 1.5% HoT? In game, it's listed as a 1.5% absorb. Which is absolutely, utterly pathetic.

Just taking my current gear:
    Max Buffed HP: 440520
    2pc Absorb: 440520 * 0.015 = ~6607.8
    Resolve capped shield: 2.4 * 6607.8 = 15858.72

So unless I'm completely wrong in my math, the current 2pc is complete and total shit. At least sacred shield scales with bonus armor. 16k wouldn't even absorb a full white swing. And if you get screwed by RNG, you might only get that every ~12s based on haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Why is everyone still linking the 1.5% HoT? In game, it's listed as a 1.5% absorb. Which is absolutely, utterly pathetic.

Just taking my current gear:
    Max Buffed HP: 440520
    2pc Absorb: 440520 * 0.015 = ~6607.8
    Resolve capped shield: 2.4 * 6607.8 = 15858.72

So unless I'm completely wrong in my math, the current 2pc is complete and total shit. At least sacred shield scales with bonus armor. 16k wouldn't even absorb a full white swing. And if you get screwed by RNG, you might only get that every ~12s based on haste.
    16k after all the mitigation is enough. Reduce a melee attack by 55% with armor, again with active mitigation, you are left with a wet noodle of a melee attack and then 16k from 2pc + SS.

And I don't know about you, but grand crusader procs for me pretty damn often... Throw in 4pc and that absorb could pretty much always be up...

1.5% absorb is the 2 piece bonus, 50% chance for Avenger's Shield to reset is the 4 piece. 1.5% is actually comparable to Sacred Shield, I think it's pretty good. The t4 bonus seems like it would apply to threat as well as mitigation which seems different from a lot of the other tank set bonuses that don't add to threat.
    Last edited by Seani; 2015-07-08 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grand Crusader likes to screw me when tanking single target. More often than not, I have to wait the full cooldown for AS. The amount is comparable to SS, but the potential uptime is ~50-75% that of SS. The 2pc when aoe tanking will be OP as hell, but when just tanking a boss, it'll barely be noticed.