Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    i am not American, I don't buy into all that anti-propaganda.... sorry....
    I know he fought regimes that have been at the USA's grace and favoritism... that's what his crime essentially was.
    I look past that, and see a man who took up arms to free people from dictators.
    He installed the brutal cuban secret police after russian model
    don't whitewash ey

He has no buissness on that list as icon and was too small in comparsion to the alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    He installed the brutal cuban secret police after russian model
    don't whitewash ey

He has no buissness on that list as icon and was too small in comparsion to the alternatives.
    he has every business to be there, since he influenced the planet....
    he cleaned house in Cuba to destroy the oppressive forces there..... big deal.... and you named it.... his crime was to accept the shielding hand of the USSR. Since the US favored and supported the Batista regime. To prevent the US from interfering, the counter force was used as protective shield........ cold war side effects.

but if you want an alternative........ total opposite.... put a Beatles icon there for the 60s..
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-06-27 at 10:30 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    he has every business to be there, since he influenced the planet....
    he cleaned house in Cuba to destroy the oppressive forces there..... big deal.... and you named it.... his crime was to accept the shielding hand of the USSR. Since the US favored and supported the Batista regime. To prevent the US from interfering, the counter force was used as protective shield........ cold war side effects.
    He actively participated this was no some passive umbrella thing. Founder of the secret police come on in a dictatorship.

No fucking buisness to be on T-Shirts.

And he is a footnote if you want to sum up the entire decade nope he is no it.
    You are just emotionally involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    He actively participated this was no some passive umbrella thing. Founder of the secret police come on in a dictatorship.

No fucking buisness to be on T-Shirts.
    of course he actively participated...... he put the action where the mouth was...
    he wasn't a social justice warrior on the internet, that apparently didn't exist anyway. he took up arms to fight dictators, and to crush them when needed......
    wars are won with sacrifices. always have..
    there's a reason why he's on tshirts on posters what not..... doesn't matter if you don't like it.
    hundreds of millions of people think otherwise.

Deleted
    of course he actively participated...... he put the action where the mouth was..
    Secret police modeled after communist example founder and leader.

Massmurder, extremist, autocrat , torturer, enemy of civil liberty and fighter against freedom.

hundreds of millions of people think otherwise.
    All idiots.

I hope you have a Erich Mielke shirt as well :X
    Last edited by mmocebc95cf0d7; 2015-06-27 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secret police modeled after communist example founder and leader.

All idiots.
    he got shit done.......... that much is clear...
    if i transport that into today's times........ how much would the world crave after someone like che to take on ISIS for example....
    You won't get them to stop with talking... won't get them to stop with dismantling their leaders... you'd need other means.

and that's what Che did.... hence why he was and always will be seen as a hero.

Deleted
    Wear your mielke shirt with pride :>

10+ Year Old Account
    oh lordy.......
    now you completely disqualified you from the discussion...

he got shit done.......... that much is clear...
    if i transport that into today's times........ how much would the world crave after someone like che to take on ISIS for example....
    You won't get them to stop with talking... won't get them to stop with dismantling their leaders... you'd need other means.

and that's what Che did.... hence why he was and always will be seen as a hero.
    You're missing the part where this "hero" had peasants executed without trial. What did that have to do with dismantling dictatorships?

At 600 posts and we're not out of your first month, you're doing better than The Baptist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    oh lordy.......
    now you completely disqualified you from the discussion...
    Haha I knew that it would piss you off xD

Seriously the secret police thing nope don't wear that shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You're missing the part where this "hero" had peasants executed without trial. What did that have to do with dismantling dictatorships?
    Well he had the responsibillity to build new ones instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I knew that it would piss you off xD

Seriously the secret police thing nope don't wear that shirt.
    false........ i'm west german. and what east germans did in the gdr doesn't apply to me in the least..
    your comparison is just idiotic.

I don't feel like the cloud is as groundbreaking as to deserve the spot on 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I don't feel like the cloud is as groundbreaking as to deserve the spot on 2010.
    It should be flying cars. It's 2015 already, we have them by now... don't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    earlier i said a war is won with sacrifices..
    of course there were casualties, and likely even some innocent, as with every war.. that's tragic, and does not need to be mentioned that it's tragic. it should be a given.
    he fought with other means though..... would anyone cry a river if we'd catch some isis supporters and they get killed on the spot? I doubt that..

Deleted
    false........ i'm west german. and what east germans did in the gdr doesn't apply to me in the least..
    your comparison is just idiotic.
    It was about the fact that both were leaders of infamous secret police organisations.

earlier i said a war is won with sacrifices.
    In Cuba after the war.

earlier i said a war is won with sacrifices..
    of course there were casualties, and likely even some innocent, as with every war.. that's tragic, and does not need to be mentioned that it's tragic. it should be a given.
    he fought with other means though..... would anyone cry a river if we'd catch some isis supporters and they get killed on the spot? I doubt that..
    ISIS supporters =/= people who don't support a new dictatorship disquised in communism.

It should be flying cars. It's 2015 already, we have them by now... don't we?
    We do... however, we all lack the ability to 'believe' enough so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    We do... however, we all lack the ability to believe enough so far.
    Well at least no nuclear war for every hoverboard promised we got 3 dystopian movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Cuba after the war.
    che was in cuba only for a brief time...
    while he was there, the war was still going... again... this was a revolution to cleanse the country from a dictator. if people died, then they were supporters of the dictator.
    are you that naive that all it needs is to walk into the dictators house and tell him 'hey dude, it's game over'?
    That's a bloody fight.
    We could now talk about Cuba afterwards.... but that's a whole different story, and has nothing to do with Che... he died decades ago, and is with that not accountable for what Castro made out of Cuba.