Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can easily see them giving us some kind of teaser before Blizzcon. Even a hint will have us speculating in a positive way (most of us anyways, always gonna be some haters) and making positive buzz for the next expansion and blizzcon. They don't have to reveal it all, just a taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've thought many times in the past that X would be the perfect and most logical time for Blizzard to announce a new xpac, and I have always faced a major disappointment.

I'm willing to bet that it's just the option to try out WoD 6.2(.x).
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I'd be shocked if they announced the X-pack there. I'm pretty certain they're gonna wait till Blizzcon before they reveal it.

Deleted
    For those of you who are still considering the possibility of literally no more content untill the next expansion, let me inform you that we will have a new patch that will introduce a new PvP season. However, it might and probably won't have a new raid as it seems they confirmed HFC to be the last of the expansion. What they will add PvEwise? I have no idea. Perhaps a prelude to the next expansion, with some lore introductions etc etc. But there WILL be a new PvP season, you have it in the PvP achievements, it is called ''Warmonger Gladiator'' and it is classified as ''Warlords Season 3''.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I'd be shocked if they announced the X-pack there. I'm pretty certain they're gonna wait till Blizzcon before they reveal it.
    That may be far too long ahead and they may want to get the announcement out faster.

They will announce it at Blizzcon
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    To give you the answer you get in every thread in which this is asked: Because announcing it before Blizzcon raises investor morale by showing they are finally able to release expansions faster, raises customer excitement for the same reason and in that same breath those customers are more likely to throw their money at Blizzcon ticket sales because they've already been hyped by the namedrop and finally, the big one, it's two less months of stalling and thus more likely to get an early beta.
    Gamescom is the day after the Q2 investor call. If anything at Gamescom is intended to retain investors I fear it will be too late.

Deleted
    First, and thats the only truth i know about:

I have no idea when they plan to announce the next expac.

Second, i think, that they will announce it at blizzcon with beta test starting at the same day. They will announce it that late, as they want to prove they learned from the former expac announcement, and that they only want to announce features they surely will implement.

If they will announce it at gamescom, be sure not to join the presales. As they wont be able to implement half of what they promise. That is, if you really care about the features, and would buy it based on them.

Not gonna happen. A lot of people purchased Blizzcon tickets with the expectation the expansion would be announced there. But hey, Blizzard's ticked off a number of players already lately. Why not tick off those attending Blizzcon (usually diehard Blizzard fans) by releasing their big WoW announcement early?

Just because a game's at a convention doesn't mean something new will be shown. Blizzard could be bringing WoW to get people to see 6.2 and hopefully draw some people back in that might not have come back without seeing the content first hand. People thought E3 would have a big announcement because Blizzard was at the PC panel. What happened there? Nothing. It's also possible the announcement was just to list all of their latest games but they're only focusing on Overwatch and maybe Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. Blizzard's gonna save their big announcements for Blizzcon to make the ticket worth it. If Blizzard was gonna release all of their big announcements before Blizzcon, then what's the point to Blizzcon? They could have just skipped this year in that case.

That's a month away. Any trade marks registered by bliz yet? They need to do so soon if they plan to announce exp 6 at gamecon.

Deleted
    Gamescom is the day after the Q2 investor call. If anything at Gamescom is intended to retain investors I fear it will be too late.
    LOL, good find.

That's going to be hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Sales will go over the roof!
    The sales aint going to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It would be very awkward to show off 6.2 content at Gamescom when it would've been almost 2 months since the patch released. Pretty sure they'll showcase expansion 6 and hopefully, the expansion is about the South Seas/Azshara/Both.
    Burning Legion
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    That's a month away. Any trade marks registered by bliz yet? They need to do so soon if they plan to announce exp 6 at gamecon.
    Eye of Azshara was trademarked last year around this time.

Deleted
    seeing this actually makes me inclined to believe that they indeed are going to announce 6th expansion in august and release it in q4 2015 or early 2016.

now keep in mind those are just my speculations and rumours i've heard, but that actually makes sense from blizzard pov

we've all seen the spike in subs at release of each expansion and then decline as expansion lived its life (past wotlk ofc)

they also spoke about making yearly expansions, and yearly expansions "caters" (or makes them play) to 2 biggest groups of wow players imo:
    1. people who appear at the start of the expansion, then unsub, then maybe resub for content patch and unsub again. this makes those people pay more because they have to buy the expansion itself twice as often
    2. people who play to raid (for whatever reason). they will stay subbed anyway throughout whole expansion, and content in wod is pretty much raid or grind stupid stuff (not complaining much since i like raiding)

another thing is, blizzard said that they have biggest team working on wow ever, and yet we get such small expansion, why? well a friend of mine claims that next expansion is already pretty much ready for beta testing, so maybe they really have such big team working their asses on wow... just they were making 2 expansions simultaneously

all in all, we will see on gamescom whether or not this is true

I certainly hope you're right. They announce XP6 at Gamescon in early august, goes beta in september, release early December. That would be amazing, and what they said they want to do-- yearly expansions.

But Blizzard has said they want to release expansions faster for, geez, 6 or 7 years now. Every expansion they say it, every time they fail and take 18-24 months, usually with a 9+ month gap at the end. So I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-07-07 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It would be very awkward to show off 6.2 content at Gamescom when it would've been almost 2 months since the patch released. Pretty sure they'll showcase expansion 6 and hopefully, the expansion is about the South Seas/Azshara/Both.
    I'm personally more hopeful that we stick around on Draenor for another expansion. We went there and set up a base, gathered tons of resources, built up an army, then took down some massive threat, and then what? It would seem kinda silly to just pack our stuff up and head home when there's more to explore on this new world. Another pandaria-esqe "explore the unknown" type of expansion involving the history and lore around the rest of Draenor would be really cool.

It could be a bit of a teaser, with the very basic information about the new expansion at Gamescom. The more indepth coverage will be saved for Blizzcon.

If this proves to be true, my best guess is that we will see Alpha just after Blizzcon with a Beta starting up in January or February. The launch will coincide with the release of the movie in June 2016.

I want to believe, but I remain skeptical as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    6.3 then? I don't see a full year with absolutely nothing happening in the game as something that's likely to happen.
    Christsake, there will -not- be a 6.3!!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."