Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is people upset about Hero portraits?

Its disgusting really.

Its a free to play game for fucks sake. How do you expect blizard to pay their employees? Sure they have enough money from WoW, but lets just pretend that it doesent exist for a minute.

Portraits are costmetic skins that doesent affect ANY gameplay whatsoever. You dont have to buy it, and you dont become better than anyone else. I personally just bought it for the Card back since I want them all. Back to the point. To call blizzard greedy is pathetic. Its not like they drain content or anything from their game when releasing them? We got a tavern brawl a week after the hero skins were released. Whats the problem? You're mad because your mom didnt give you 10$ to buy something online? Its overpriced? Well guess what @sshole, its optional.

Sure, 10$ for a Jpeg with 2 new animations and some new voice is insane. But collectors are still going to buy it, and the word comes again. Its optional. Facebook pages are with: "Download free medivh wallpapers." "Omg? Blizzard giving away something for free?" You are disgusting. How do you sleep at night?

Oh no, Ill just shit on a company for trying to make money. They are totally forcing me to buy cardpacks and hero portraits.

I hope time forgets you, you whiny little peasants.

Deleted
    Was this really necessary?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because people love to complain about everything.

I still think that 10$ is a bit too much, but I'm ok with new portraits. They need to make money, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Was this really necessary?
    Yes.

As of now, im starting to think that Gamers are the worst people on Earth. They whine about everything. When things they want are fixed or given to them they still complain. They cry about the stupidest things like: "Omg! A non existant video game character that didnt give shit about me died, Im going to write a post about how I cried for 30 min, while I didnt cry at all at my Grandmas funeral, a woman that was real and cared about me."
    Im ashamed of being a gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    Yes.

As of now, im starting to think that Gamers are the worst people on Earth. They whine about everything. When things they want are fixed or given to them they still complain. They cry about the stupidest things like: "Omg! A non existant video game character that didnt give shit about me died, Im going to write a post about how I cried for 30 min, while I didnt cry at all at my Grandmas funeral, a woman that was real and cared about me."
    You're the only one whining here...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing the people who are complaining have never heard of league of legends? They sell skins... wtf people.

EDIT: I buy useless skins in league because league is a great game and it's FREE. The developers deserve payment. It's probably the same for HotS.

Yes.

You do realize that you're creating a post to whine... about whiners right? You're rash generalizations as well prove you're probably still in high school and probably can't afford to even purchase the portraits regardless.

As someone who DID purchase a portrait and didn't whine about it, please don't ever try to speak for our side again.

Deleted
    Its disgusting really.

Its a free to play game for fucks sake. How do you expect blizard to pay their employees? Sure they have enough money from WoW, but lets just pretend that it doesent exist for a minute.

Portraits are costmetic skins that doesent affect ANY gameplay whatsoever. You dont have to buy it, and you dont become better than anyone else. I personally just bought it for the Card back since I want them all. Back to the point. To call blizzard greedy is pathetic. Its not like they drain content or anything from their game when releasing them? We got a tavern brawl a week after the hero skins were released. Whats the problem? You're mad because your mom didnt give you 10$ to buy something online? Its overpriced? Well guess what @sshole, its optional.

Sure, 10$ for a Jpeg with 2 new animations and some new voice is insane. But collectors are still going to buy it, and the word comes again. Its optional. Facebook pages are with: "Download free medivh wallpapers." "Omg? Blizzard giving away something for free?" You are disgusting. How do you sleep at night?

Oh no, Ill just shit on a company for trying to make money. They are totally forcing me to buy cardpacks and hero portraits.

I hope time forgets you, you whiny little peasants.
    I doubt people complain about them costing money, they complain about them costing too much. And I agree. 10$ for 2 animations and a voice is too much.
    So, overall, this has nothing to do with the fact that they cost money, but with the cost itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    I'm guessing the people who are complaining have never heard of league of legends? They sell skins... wtf people.

EDIT: I buy useless skins in league because league is a great game and it's FREE. The developers deserve payment. It's probably the same for HotS.
    Well, here's the deal, you can also earn the skins in League of Legends by lots of grinding.
    You can't earn the skins in Hearthstone by grinding. You can't earn most skins (only exception being master skin) in HotS by grinding. You have to pay.
    And in LoL you pay around 15$ per skin more or less with the cost of the Riot points. Those skins have animations of their own, special skins of their own, special voices of their own and new looks.
    In Hearthstone you only get a new portrait, an animation of your special power and 6 lines of your hero.

Now, as I said, I understand why they're payed, but they cost too much. 7.5$ would have been a much better price.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I doubt people complain about them costing money, they complain about them costing too much. And I agree. 10$ for 2 animations and a voice is too much.
    So, overall, this has nothing to do with the fact that they cost money, but with the cost itself.

Well, here's the deal, you can also earn the skins in League of Legends by lots of grinding.
    You can't earn the skins in Hearthstone by grinding. You can't earn most skins (only exception being master skin) in HotS by grinding. You have to pay.
    And in LoL you pay around 15$ per skin more or less with the cost of the Riot points. Those skins have animations of their own, special skins of their own, special voices of their own and new looks.
    In Hearthstone you only get a new portrait, an animation of your special power and 6 lines of your hero.

Now, as I said, I understand why they're payed, but they cost too much. 7.5$ would have been a much better price.
    Then don't buy it. Not having this argument again but don't like it don't buy it.

Also what skins can you buy with IP in LoL? There is no amount of grinding you can do in league to get skins unless it's a special promotion.

Deleted
    Well I don't personally know anyone that is complaining about them. Maybe some people on the forums or something?

I got all three the portraits since they are only a few euro anyway and i like the animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

There are plenty of lol skins that costs the same as a portrait that are just horrible reskins or retextures

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    You're the only one whining here...
    Im whining about others whining. There is a difference. Im not whining about the company doing bad choices

There are plenty of lol skins that costs the same as a portrait that are just horrible reskins or retextures

- - - Updated - - -

Im whining about others whining. There is a difference. Im not whining about the company doing bad choices
    there really isnt a difference

Deleted
    IMO Blizzard charges too much for their premium DLC content.

9 euros for a simple hero skin, 20 euros for WoW mount, 10 euros for a WoW pet, 10 euros for HoTS skins... man, this is a lot of money if you add it up!

No other company could get away with pricing like this. Blizzard can and earns a ton of dosh on it.

Tough shit for us, Eastern EU inhabitants who often earn 20 euros a DAY instead of per hour.

Deleted

No there's not. This whole thing is extremely ironic, as you're the only one so far in this thread who's been whining

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

9 euros for a simple hero skin, 20 euros for WoW mount, 10 euros for a WoW pet, 10 euros for HoTS skins... man, this is a lot of money if you add it up!

No other company could get away with pricing like this. Blizzard can and earns a ton of dosh on it.

Tough shit for us, Eastern EU inhabitants who often earn 20 euros a DAY instead of per hour.
    yaknow, besides every company ever.

riot charges way, way more for their DLC

I'm not upset about the portraits, it's great they exist as far as I'm concerned. I am annoyed by the lack of polish they have in regards to interactions with other cards, however. The fact that there's no interaction between Tirion and Magni (Magni created the Ashbringer), no interaction between Sylvanas and Alleria (Sisters) or any interaction between Malygos or Antonidas and Medivh (Aspect of Magic, the Leader of the Kirin Tor and the Guardian of Tirisfal respectively).

The art is nice but the overall effort is lazy, imo.

Because its way too expensive and that you can't get it with in-game gold, I find something like 1000 gold to be reasonable to buy the portrait yet its completely locked behind a paywall for real money. And there's not even much that you get, just another portrait with a couple of new emotes and animations. The price would've been more justified if they had like a whole dwarven theme for the warrior deck, like replacing all orc cards for dwarven equivalents. The current new heroes don't interest me in the slighest so I don't have much of a problem, I think the game suffers way more with other things.

And I find these excuses like ''but its a F2P game!'' and ''don't like it don't (you know the rest...)'' incredibly tiresome, just not worth bothering.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2015-07-16 at 02:23 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

Agree.

You know it's easy to buy x or y with a card linked to said account. It's also easier to take when you do not literally see the cash as you hand it over.

Even if one knows value for money, that judgement is often affected when we do not see that cash.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Because its way too expensive and that you can't get it with in-game gold, I find something like 1000 gold to be reasonable to buy the portrait yet its completely locked behind a paywall for real money. And there's not even much that you get, just another portrait with a couple of new emotes and animations. The price would've been more justified if they had like a whole dwarven theme for the warrior deck, like replacing all orc cards for dwarven equivalents. The current new heroes don't interest me in the slighest so I don't have much of a problem, I think the game suffers way more with other things.

And I find these excuses like ''but its a F2P game!'' and ''don't like it don't (you know the rest...)'' incredibly tiresome, just not worth bothering.
    But it is a free to play game. You can find that tiresome all you like, but the idea that everything Blizzard does, as a for-profit company, should be somehow free to you is an immature, entitled opinion that I find tiresome.

They have given you an entirely free game that you can play without ever dropping a dime. You can buy expansion packs, cards, etc with in game gold that doesn't cost you a dime. God forbid they try and make some money buy selling a completely cosmestic, unnecessary thing like portraits.

So sorry. FTP. Don't like it don't buy it.

To whine about the concept is silly, this practice is one of the best for F2P games.

To whine about the execution isn't.