Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fencers, you are fucking amazing. That's everything I think about Superman, just worded 10000x more eloquently than I could ever manage. You, you fucking get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Fencers, you are fucking amazing. That's everything I think about Superman, just worded 10000x more eloquently than I could ever manage. You, you fucking get it.
    Superman is still an incredibly boring super hero.

I'm not a fan of all-star Superman, it was way better than all-star Batman though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thing isnt really comparable to hulk or thor
    He was when I read the titles regularly. (From about 1978-2004)
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2015-07-16 at 06:55 PM.

The Thing is no way at all on the level of Thor or Hulk. I do not know what publications ever expressly shown or demonstrated The Thing is on the power level of Hulk or Thor.

At the very best The Thing is able to take a lot of punishment but Ben has definite limits to his strength and endurance. Whereas Thor and Hulk are on a scale of the mythical; having enough strength, durability and exhibiting extraordinary powers that literally can destroy planets.

Hulk and Thor at their most powerful are simply outrageous by Marvel standards where only beings like Onslaught, celestials, Hyperion/Sentry or Juggernaut unleashed are able to even withstand their assault. And they lose vs. Hulk/Thor in some cases.

According to Marvel and officially Ben Grim's highest rated traits are Str 6 and Dur 6, Whereas baseline Hulk and Thor are at 7 (in addition to 6s and 7s across the board) and it is explicitly stated they have no real upper limit comparatively.

On the scale of Hulk and Thor are like gods.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when he was dying in "Countdown" and SHE-thing ko'd a stunned hulk. The hulk used to curb stomp the ever-lovin' blue eyed thing.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Thing is no way at all on the level of Thor or Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I read during that time as well- Thing wasn't.

Marvel has always been 100% serious when they say "Hulk is strongest there is, period."

Since the 1980s Marvel have not reneged on Hulk being the strongest being on Earth. Thing has never even been able to withstand Hulk fully.

World-breaker Hulk, not a chance in hell even if Thing was at his strongest (Fear Itself).

Deleted
    I'm very confused. Why does Batman fight Superman lol?

- - - Updated - - -

shouldn't they team up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

shouldn't they team up?
    Superman and Batman had been friends since the 1940s, but with the 1986 reboot that all changed. Since then, they have often been depicted as not particularly liking each other. At best, they have grudging respect for one another, but that's about it. Frank Miller takes credit for breaking up the friendship, but it was also John Byrne and others who contributed to this change in their relationship in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    We don't know all the details yet. But if you watch the trailer the suggestion is that Wayne (Batman) witnesses the literal fallout of Superman's fight with Zod & Co in the Man of Steel film.

Batman thinks Supes is too dangerous and a number of factors such as the government distrust, other meta-humans emerging (Aquaman, Superman, various villains) and so on lead to a collision between Batman and Superman's points of view, I reckon.

shouldn't they team up?
    They likely will in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Superman and Batman had been friends since the 1940s, but with the 1986 reboot that all changed. Since then, they have often been depicted as not particularly liking each other.
    This is false. Bats and Supes are depicted as the deepest of friends. It is only in alternate realities they are depicted as at odds (a play on Miller's Dark Knight tropes) with one another.

At best, they have grudging respect for one another, but that's about it.
    This is also false. They have great trust in each other. Supes trusting Bats to "take him out" if he ever gets out of hand and Batman holding little regard for Supes just hanging out in the Batcave eating sloppy joes with Alfred.

Batman was the godfather of Superman's kids pre-52. Dick, Jason, Babs, Tim and Damien hang out with Supes casually. Bats and Supes are bros. A whole ongoing series is dedicated to this: Batman / Superman.

It is the exception for mainline Supes and Bats are at odds; hence why it's exciting when they are so. However, that said and again, alternate "Earth" stories play up the Bats / Super rivalry because money.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-07-17 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is false. Bats and Supes are depicted as the deepest of friends.
    Sure, maybe right now they are. But during the period I mentioned, they were not deep friends at all. Miller's take became the status quo throughout the latter half of the 80s and into the 90s. For example, in "A Death In The Family" when the Jason Todd Robin was killed, Batman didn't want to hear from Superman when Superman offered his condolences and Batman ended up (futilely) slugging Superman. They weren't friends for the first few years post-Crisis. By the time Grant Morrison did his JLA run, they were grudgingly respectful of each other and they arced back to being friends for the first time since 1985.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2015-07-17 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know all the details yet. But if you watch the trailer the suggestion is that Wayne (Batman) witnesses the literal fallout of Superman's fight with Zod & Co in the Man of Steel film.

Batman thinks Supes is too dangerous and a number of factors such as the government distrust, other meta-humans emerging (Aquaman, Superman, various villains) and so on lead to a collision between Batman and Superman's points of view, I reckon.

They likely will in all honesty.

This is false. Bats and Supes are depicted as the deepest of friends. It is only in alternate realities they are depicted as at odds (a play on Miller's Dark Knight tropes) with one another.

This is also false. They have great trust in each other. Supes trusting Bats to "take him out" if he ever gets out of hand and Batman holding little regard for Supes just hanging out in the Batcave eating sloppy joes with Alfred.

Batman was the godfather of Superman's kids pre-52. Dick, Jason, Babs, Tim and Damien hang out with Supes casually. Bats and Supes are bros. A whole ongoing series is dedicated to this: Batman / Superman.

It is the exception for mainline Supes and Bats are at odds; hence why it's exciting when they are so. However, that said and again, alternate "Earth" stories play up the Bats / Super rivalry because money.
    Pretty much this. Batman and Superman have deep trust in each other. While they do have opposing views on fighting crime, they don't rival each other. I'm not sure if this is true for the older comics, but when I was a kid they always met under shaky circumstances. Batman investigating Superman and Clark investigating Batman. After getting to know each other, they team up and become besties! It seems like that's the route this movie is going down.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    I seen the new trailer and I will still say that Jesse Eisenburg is a terrible choice for Lex Luthor. What were they thinking? He looks ridiculous and nothing like Lex Luthor. Doesn't look like him doesn't feel like him and compared to Batman and Superman he's like a little teenager trying to fit in. I will admit that Ben Affleck actually seems pretty good for a Bruce Wayne. At first I was very skeptical about it but it grew on me and after seeing the trailer I think he'll do a good job. But my god, Lex Luthor. I mean really of all the actors out there they pick the awkward kid #2. I mean they might as well cast Michael Cera as Braniac too at this point, ruin all the villains why don't you. I don't doubt his acting ability but come on this is Lex Luthor we're talking about. I mean unless there's a version of Lex in the comics that looks like a 20 year old computer nerd.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I would have preffered a Lex closer to the DCAU Lex

15+ Year Old Account
    Bats and Supes are bros. A whole ongoing series is dedicated to this: Batman / Superman
    You do realize that this even goes into Frank Miller's changes to their relationship, yes? And that the series in question, which you linked, was created to make a departure from the norm of them being antagonistic?

Even in Miller's take (TDKR) Bats trusted Superman to do the right thing once his heart stopped (hell, his entire plan was that Superman gets his head out of his ass and realizes that America he was fighting for and sacrificed so much is gone). Sadly, lot comic writers (and fans) completely missed the point (same as with Watchmen).

Deleted
    New trailer.

Really don't like it, killed a large amount of the hype for me.

Oh god it hurts.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Oh jesus that was such a bad trailer! Doomsday looks just like the Abomination in The Incredible Hulk... How sad.