Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You must be desperate for attention. Consider this me giving you a little. You sad little person.

OT: Love him or hate him, the world lost a god tier programmer and one helluva nice guy. Remember, this is the guy that cut his wage in half because Nintendo weren't doing great in the fiscal report. How many guys can you list that would do/did that?
    Games touched an edge where to many business people came in afterwards then made our games into toilets so they can shit on us That is what we got. Nothing out. We are in 2015, where are the Evolved Games? Instead all the Shitremakes

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-07-13 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nintendo is literally run by programming gods.
    I am convinced this is part of why they do well. The people in charge understand how game design actually works. Iwata had a whole speech about it in 2001 when they were announcing the Gamecube at E3.

I wish he had seen the NX drop, at least. It always seemed like he was excited to share Nintendo's innovations with the world in his directs.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    This day a God has passed away.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly sad news. While I don't agree with the direction he has taken Nintendo, he was a rare leader who was humble beyond belief. He didn't manage from purely a business perspective, he was also legendary and experienced developer who knew first hand the love and creativity that goes into making games. He will be missed.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

;__;

This news has made me quite sad. Considering how I've had Nintendo stuff since forever and has been with me since I was a child. It all started with Pokémon and I've been with Nintendo for the longest out of all Video Game Companies. The fact his name has been on everything since I've started with them makes it even worse.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2015-07-13 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I am convinced this is part of why they do well. The people in charge understand how game design actually works. Iwata had a whole speech about it in 2001 when they were announcing the Gamecube at E3.

I wish he had seen the NX drop, at least. It always seemed like he was excited to share Nintendo's innovations with the world in his directs.
    I'm really going to miss him in the directs. I never understood the thing about the bananas but he always seemed so happy to share Nintendo with the world. I hope his muppet self lives on forever in Nintendos HQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    55? He had plenty to go. That sucks man, and fuck cancer.

10+ Year Old Account

Saw this pop up on Reddit and I was like, 'No way?!' I'm not tearing up over it, but it's sad news. This year has been brutal for legendary developers (not just death is what I'm getting at).

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This is a huge loss for the gaming community. He was an innovator, a pioneer, and an inspiration to people wanting to get into the industry. Him and his colleagues influenced a majority of the games we play. Top it all off with being one of the few gaming icons that didn't get a god complex from it.
    God damn.

edit: for real though, if you use this forum you obviously like gaming, Iwata and his hommies laid groundwork and put in blood sweat and tears for your hobby. Joking about him dying or shit posting about wii sucks blah blah is a real shit move. This dude cut his pay for his employees, was a programming genius, you could go on all day about him.
    Last edited by Gatsbybutters; 2015-07-13 at 02:01 AM.

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

Damn onion ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    That is just amazing, especially #3. I never knew that.

I was very sad when I heard this, Nintendo has always been important to me. Gaming has given me an escape from a childhood that I was really bullied in, and the games were an escape. Without Nintendo, I likely would not be playing games today. RIP great soul, The games I play will honor you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just found out today, sad to see him go. Satoru Iwata R.I.P.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I didn't think the wii u was that bad....

Infracted.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2015-07-13 at 01:55 AM.

I'm flabbergasted at people who are claiming no one knew who he was. Anyone who visits any video game site should remember at least this from him

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/535...er-poor-fiscal

Instead of firing people, he cut his own pay by half to make up for the slow 3DS start and the Wii U sales. That is not something you'd see from someone who only cares about their wallet. This is the saddest news possible right now, may he rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Seriously. Fuck cancer.
    We've lost far to many great souls to cancer.

Nintendo games were the first I ever played and they gave me great memories. This is such sad news.