Haste vs Multistrike weapon enchant for Elemental Shamans

Hi, I was doing some research to increase my dps on my Elemental Shaman but I got a bit confused with the weapon enchant. Icy Veins says that the Multistrike weapon enchant is the best but AskMrRobot shows me the Haste weapon enchant as best and after checking some shamans in warcraftlogs I have seen shamans using one or the other.

So I was wondering which one is the best? or is one better for ST/AoE or something?
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

[I believe the hate enchant is only better with the Black hand trinket but don't hold me to that.

I thought it had to do with the fact that if the Multistrike enchant puts you over 100% Multistrike if it procs or not, if it does then the Haste one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I thought it had to do with the fact that if the Multistrike enchant puts you over 100% Multistrike if it procs or not, if it does then the Haste one.
    You'd need something like 3.5k MS rating in order to go over 100% when raid buffed and with 2xFW. I don't think that's obtainable so I doubt this is the reason. Realistically haste and multistrike are very close, so it's probably personal preference. Warsong degrades at a faster rate than Frostwolf so it could be to do with the fact that, with EM+4-SET+WS, even if you do go under the GCD cap, it'll only be for a second or two, as opposed to Frostwolf which could be for 6 seconds if that limit is reachable.

I have the (heroic) multistrike trinket and the frostwolf enchant brought me up to about 96% at the end of the trinket buff.

Deleted
    Well to consider what binkenstein posted today then it will all depend on what difficulty you have gear from:
    "T18N has MS>H>C>V>Ma. T18M has MS>C>V>Ma>=H"
    "Going from T18H to T18M has a massive increase in stat weights for everything except Haste, which drops 0.01 dps"

I know a few top tier shamans that used haste enchants in BRF and they all said that the difference is so minor that you should pick what fits your playstyle.
    Best thing you can do is to just sim your current gear with the 2 different enchants.

Checkout binkenstein on twitter

Those results happen solely on Heavy Movement (Light Movement, Patchwerk, and Helter Skelter have haste ~8-10% behind Crit) sims and not any other type. Would wait for more information before taking that as gospel.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

I haven't run new sims since the hotfix but prior to that the MS enchant was ahead(capping is not an issue this tier). There were some high profile guys last tier that really liked them some haste enchants for no mathematical reason, they just liked the playstyle of casting fast.

As far as haste vs crit, I was getting haste>crit until haste hit 1600ish then even for a bit and finally crit>haste after like 1800 haste. That was all with 4p/class trinket and w/o using EM, I am assuming due to all the haste we get from p4(saw no such peak and drop off last tier). So yea I assume I will see haste devalued even more in this era of EM usage.

Will probably run some Sims tomorrow.
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    Those results happen solely on Heavy Movement (Light Movement, Patchwerk, and Helter Skelter have haste ~8-10% behind Crit) sims and not any other type. Would wait for more information before taking that as gospel.
    So far I've corrected the massive devalue of Haste on T18M with EM/UF/EF to be roughly equal to Versatility. I think it's to do with the fact that with more movement there are a lot fewer Lightning Bolts, which deflates Haste value. This puts more emphasis on the Ring/CD stack, where haste has a smaller effect due to being past the GCD cap & approaching 100% haste with 4pc/EM.

Going to do some more optimisation as I can (new profile here: http://pastebin.com/0aP5yG04 )

That's not too far off what I saw in Light Movement & Helter Skelter (have haste ~15% ahead of Vers in both) and the reasoning behind that type of gap is sound. I still think there's more movement in heavy movement than there is in just about any raid encounter, but that may just be the lover-of-haste in me talking (gotta go fast!)

It's why I'm trying to pick up both off-set pieces though. Both seem like they'll have their place if I can get the pieces before progression ends.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Its just that part of mastering "heavy movement fights" is figuring out how to not be moving... Heavily. Ele is all about dancing in your shock CD and using the SWG glyph that fits the encounter.

That being said... Gorefiend can be a clusterF >.>
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.