Holy 4pc is BTTR than 2pc/2pc IMO!!!

Yes -- Another one of these threads lol.

Fact...
    The top mythic holy priets such as Malivis are running 2pc t17/2pc t18
    Mr. Robot even shows 2pc/2pc as BIS ><

Opinion
    I personally don't like it and my numbers parse great using the 4pc t18. I don't consider myself top end by any means.. But I do Parse fairly well.

Iron Reaver H Parses -
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1785

Below is an Iron Reaver parse where I was using the t17 2pc. I have even shrunk the size of the fights so it only shows the first 3min 30s.. I got off 12 POM casts for only 72 bounces. That is 6 bounces per POM cast.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...35&end=3724152

Below is an Iron Reaver parse where I was using the t18 4pc. I was able to get off 10 POM casts for 143 bounces. 14 per POM.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...47&end=1305812

I know I didn't take into count Words of Mending. But I'm not sure how to calculate when WOM produced a POM stack.

In summary, i think its the RNG of the 10% bounce is what scares the top end holy priests. They would rather have the guaranteed extra 4 bounces. I personally think the extra stats (10+ ilvls) accommodates any bad RNG
    Last edited by base33; 2015-08-06 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    I don't run either, and I still rank in top 3. People need to learn that "top" means that you ran a composition favourable for your class/spec and you had the chance to perform the way you did... or you simple 3 healed... Its just a joke with the top naming.

The top holy priest would be Jhazrun in my opinion, and he doesn't even run Holy currently, and when he did - he usually does something very different to what everyone else are. *Not saying that Malivis is not a great player, I do think he is great.

People use what they prefer, there is no such thing as if I go 2 set I will be as good as the top priests or if I don't I will not perform well.
    Sure there is theorycrafting involved, but I don't do any myself nor read any, and I just ran what I though it would be best. So far it suits me as good as the spec allows.

The more you know..
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2015-08-06 at 02:13 PM.

Hey,

I think you misread my post. I'm not saying anything that you said in your post. I was simply stating my opinion and my logs on why I prefer that.
    In fact, I agree with you 100%, a top disc priest/Holy pally will decrease your heals a ton. A good raid that doesn't take damage.. Or mitigates damage will decrease your heals a lot too. Especially as a holy priest ><.. In the end good healers comes down to.... did your raid die do to lack of heals??

But, Its still nice to know your maximum output. I've seen tier do wonders for Monk healers & increase HPS greatly.. with the same composition makeup. Extend Life OP.
    I may just being trying to justify using a shit 4p lol. The fact you can parse high with only a 2pc t18 and didn't see a decrease in your output.. shows our tier is garbage.

p.s I followed Jhazrun a lot too before he switched to disc.
    Last edited by base33; 2015-08-06 at 03:17 PM.

Let me explain to you how to choose your BiS, since almost everyone misses the point:

1. Constant Ticking AOE damage (Example Hellfire Council Mythic) - Here you want to take 2 piece T17 and 2 piece T18 just for the fact that you will get 10 ProM jumps.
    2. Burst AOE damage (Example Iron Reaver) - Here you want to take 2 piece T18, and best other gear you have, i.e. as much Int/Multistrike as you can get your hands on if that happens to be the 4 piece T18 then use it, if it happens to be random drops then use it.

the whole point of 2 piece T17 is you get the double benefit of WoM and ProM getting extra (like insane amount) of healing done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post
    The top holy priest would be Jhazrun in my opinion, and he doesn't even run Holy currently, and when he did - he usually does something very different to what everyone else are.
    There's still a number of holy priests that use Serenity if that's what you're talking about.

First we need to clear one thing up:

The difference you are talking about is small. Very small. Somewhere in the region of 2k HPS on your average boss fight, which is far below the standard deviation for crits/multistrikes. It's also the difference between a few raiders taking extra damage, and some not. 2pc/2pc vs 4pc will almost never be the reason someone dies. Nor will the extra Stamina often be the cause of a personal death.

The question then becomes what is optimal. Mathematically speaking, the old 4pc was an 80% healing increase to PoM, as it was an increase to 9 PoM bounces per cast (VERY infrequently does a pom go 30s without bouncing). The new one is somewhere in the region of 20% increase to PoM.

If we assume a 2/2pc PoM to do 12-15% of our healing (including Echo) then a loss of ~33% PoM healing across the board means that you will lose somewhere in the region of 2-4% total throughput.

You will not gain that throughput through a small increase to Int or Secondaries, especially on small items like Shoulders/Gloves.

However, the one caveat is that this assumes parity between item quality. If you had normal T17 and Mythic T18, you should switch.
    If you had MWF Socket T18 then again, I would probably switch, as the difference becomes so close that you just want that extra stamina.

Tertiaries can also be a factor, as both leech and avoidance make a tangible impact to healing/mitigation respectively.
    Last edited by Malivis; 2015-08-10 at 11:31 PM.