Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon Hunter Artifacts

So 2 specs, 2 artifacts.

Havoc is pretty obvious - Warglaives of Azzinoth.

Any guesses for Vengeance?

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Could be the Warglaives 2H version!

Not much in the way of Glaive lore, unless Maiev's are taken or something.

Maybe the GM version of the Twins?

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    These please:

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Maybe the GM version of the Twins?

They said there would be different weapons with different lore for each spec. Given that Frostmourne was given to Frost Death Knights, reforged into two weapons, and no other DK spec gets it.... I think it's safe to say they'll probably use something different for Vengeance spec. Probably the Skull of Gul'Dan, which would be wicked cool while killing Gul'Dan. Anything else would be weird; Vengeance Demon Hunters fight with their bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They said there would be different weapons with different lore for each spec. Given that Frostmourne was given to Frost Death Knights, reforged into two weapons, and no other DK spec gets it.... I think it's safe to say they'll probably use something different for Vengeance spec. Probably the Skull of Gul'Dan, which would be wicked cool while killing Gul'Dan. Anything else would be weird; Vengeance Demon Hunters fight with their bare hands.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#artifacts

Maw of the Damned is most likely the Blood DK weapon, shards of Frostmourne are being reforged into 2 smaller swords for dual wield as Frost.

I think we can safely say that Warglaives is going to be one of the DH artifacts, the other artifact could be a new weapon never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    If Illidan is a main player in the expansion, we may not even see the glaives being used by Demon Hunters.
    Considering both Doomhammer and Ashbringer are artifacts even though both Thrall and Tirion are alive I think we can assume that warglaives will be a DH artifact. Illidan most likely dropped them when he got locked away under the vault of the wardens, you know since you can actually loot the weapon in game already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Considering both Doomhammer and Ashbringer are artifacts even though both Thrall and Tirion are alive I think we can assume that warglaives will be a DH artifact. Illidan most likely dropped them when he got locked away under the vault of the wardens, you know since you can actually loot the weapon in game already.
    For how long though? Pretty sure it's specifically said in the intro we take Ashbringer from the battlefield after it's owner got killed. That would mean Tirion dies, since he;s the current wielder.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, okay they don't say the owner dies, but they say "where it fell" and we would assume Tirion would not leave it behind for any reason unless something was really wrong.

Proof: https://youtu.be/e1WIEl4hRvA?t=31m25s

Vengeance Demon Hunters fight with their bare hands.
    You got a source on that?

Pretty sure Havoc and Vengeance both use their hands during metamorphosis and their equipped weapons outside of it. The visual difference between Havoc and Vengeance is that the havoc metamorphosis is more agile while vengeance looks bulky and rocky.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    For how long though? Pretty sure it's specifically said in the intro we take Ashbringer from the battlefield after it's owner got killed. That would mean Tirion dies, since he;s the current wielder.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, okay they don't say the owner dies, but they say "where it fell" and we would assume Tirion would not leave it behind for any reason unless something was really wrong.

That combined with Doomhammer though? I think it leads to the idea of them dying.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know it was lost in battle, it's not 100% proof that Tirion dies though. That still doesn't answer the case with Doomhammer, you think Thrall is going to die as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Yes, I know it was lost in battle, it's not 100% proof that Tirion dies though. That still doesn't answer the case with Doomhammer, you think Thrall is going to die as well?
    At some point they said we would take up the weapons of "those who have died and those who have lost hope" (paraphrasing). Guessing Thrall's (one of) the latter.

I don't think we'll get *the* Warglaives, but glaives nonetheless. I reckon the ones we've seen in the screenshots could probably be it.

The Skull of Gul'dan would be cool to wield like a magical focus that does lots of things. Make barries, shoot moar lazors! Hold it out in front of you like a gorgon head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Illidan never died nor "Lost hope", I doubt we will be getting the Warglaives of Azzinoth.

I think it's more likely we'll get new weapons with new lore (Like the Eagle Spear or the prot Warrior sword/shield)
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Pretty sure thrall is going to die.

They keep saying everyone that has played WOW all these years is going to be completely shocked by what happens at the end of that battle. No one expects thrall, blizzard's golden boy, to be killed.

Actually... Now that I think about it, it's possible a LOT of lore characters might die. Would give a great excuse to pickup their weapons that they otherwise wouldn't part with and would certainly be shocking. I dunno though, think killing off too many would be unwise due to fan backlash.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

They keep saying everyone that has played WOW all these years is going to be completely shocked by what happens at the end of that battle. No one expects thrall, blizzard's golden boy, to be killed.

Actually... Now that I think about it, it's possible a LOT of lore characters might die. Would give a great excuse to pickup their weapons that they otherwise wouldn't part with and would certainly be shocking. I dunno though, think killing off too many would be unwise due to fan backlash.
    How is Thrall's death the only thing that fits the bill of "shocking and exciting"?

And unwise due to fan backlash? Unwise due to it being piss poor storytelling, more like.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2015-08-07 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

Yeah, I'm almost expecting a "Red Wedding" of sorts to take place on the Broken Shore...time will tell though ;p
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if Tirion Dies, it would make perfect sense as to why the Silver Hand is brought back. A leaderless Argent Crusade needs a new leader to order them against the Legion's forces, might as well reform the Silver hand and select a chosen few to become the leaders of the Argent Crusade as a result.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    How is Thrall's death the only thing that fits the bill of "shocking and exciting"?

And unwise due to fan backlash? Unwise due to it being piss poor storytelling, more like.
    Pretty sure the most popular show on TV for the past few years has killed many, many of it's characters.

Would make sense for most of the most powerful people in the world to be at the front fighting the legion. And it's only in shitty storytelling where heroes are provided invincible plot armor that all heroes always survive every battle. Sometimes shit goes wrong. Sometimes people die.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.