Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Finally fixed???

While reading this interview with Ion Hazzikostas and Tom Chilton I noticed this point:

Classes will evolve in a number of ways in Legion. The development team is looking closely at the core fantasy for each class. Talent changes and class changes are being made - stay tuned. The PvP talent system also gives the developers room to take PvP-type talents out of the current talent trees. PvP talents will not function in PvE environments.

So, fellow Shaman players, do you think we will finally receive long awaited changes to our class?

They meant classes they actually care about.

They'll forget about shamans like usual and give us bandaid hotfixes in 7.0.x

Deleted
    They did twitter saying that they knew a lot of the enhancement shaman abilities were uttershit, due to how mediocre they all seem hitting like wet noodles. Maybe they will give enhancement daggers and call it a day and go back to tune us around Fire nova/SS/LL/Shamanism

Deleted
    I want to smash buttons even harder in Legion more echo of the elements proc's and stuff, 30+ keybinds and macros. I would like to play my enha shaman with a rocksmith guitar too.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1991 View Post
    I want to smash buttons even harder in Legion more echo of the elements proc's and stuff, 30+ keybinds and macros. I would like to play my enha shaman with a rocksmith guitar too.

This made me chuckle and then feel the need to reroll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Mages and Hunters.

Deleted
    They should boost frost DK's and focus on their rotation, its so complex, 2 buttons is just too much to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by toon181 View Post
    While reading this interview with Ion Hazzikostas and Tom Chilton I noticed this point:

Classes will evolve in a number of ways in Legion. The development team is looking closely at the core fantasy for each class. Talent changes and class changes are being made - stay tuned. The PvP talent system also gives the developers room to take PvP-type talents out of the current talent trees. PvP talents will not function in PvE environments.

So, fellow Shaman players, do you think we will finally receive long awaited changes to our class?
    the part of me that is a dreamer says, "yes".
    the part of me that has played in WoD says, "increased SS and LL damage by 20 percent".

So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Mages and Hunters.
    And Warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post
    the part of me that has played in WoD says, "increased SS and LL damage by 20 percent".
    Haha, sadly so. A new xpac does bring new hope with it though, and I would hope that they learned something from this expansion - even though the pessimist in me doubts that a bit..

Deleted
    "Hunter represents the most significant class change. Another spec getting attention is the Demonology Warlock to give them more summoning and controlling demons."

Since those are the most significant changes, I dont see any big changes to shamans.

Basically if we wont go out and flood their twitters and gather support in the forums we wont be getting a rework at all. We have to put the issue on the table and get enough people to see it and comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybesomeday View Post
    "Hunter represents the most significant class change. Another spec getting attention is the Demonology Warlock to give them more summoning and controlling demons."

Since those are the most significant changes, I dont see any big changes to shamans.
    I would say taking a class that is designed solely for range and making it a melee class is rather significant.

That said Shaman doesnt need a giant change or rework just some fine tuning and some minor alterations so we feel less like a rogue with occasional spells and more like a shaman who wields the elements in melee combat.

Quote Originally Posted by toon181 View Post
    Not holding my breath for this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

It feels like the class is always one expansion behind everyone else (some others share this fate), so I guess we might finally get that WoD-style revamp? Baseline echoes and such improvements, but no big overhaul. Note that they're mostly talking about differentiating DPS specs, so rogues and hunters - and to a lesser extent death knights, warriors, mages and warlocks - will probably see most of the love. All the other specs are already plenty differentiated; you can't really ever confuse the druid, priest, shaman or paladin specs.

The good news is that it means enhancement and elemental will still exist in recognizable forms. The current survival spec will basically not exist anymore in Legion, kind of like how frost tanking and unholy tanking disappeared in Cataclysm. There are still specs using the same name, but they're fundamentally different from what you knew. If you happened to like any of those specs, tough luck.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

As a long time ele shaman, just give us our burst back. We were never the best class but at least we had burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The changes you pointed out are to differentiate them from the other specs. Demo locks need attention as they've lost meta to DH's. I'd like to hope for a design pass on totems, but I wouldn't expect anything significant.
    RETH

Blizz, stop trying to reinvent the game. So much dev time gets lost in this shit and we get a boring expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    The changes you pointed out are to differentiate them from the other specs. Demo locks need attention as they've lost meta to DH's. I'd like to hope for a design pass on totems, but I wouldn't expect anything significant.
    Demo loses Meta? Where do you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Sadly, this.

+/-X% Healing Rain/Chain Heal is all Resto can ever look forward to.

Well, that and absorbs STILL being overpowered.
    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - B. Goldwater