Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Raiding rerollers: How are you going to be affected by 10 people wanting to go DH?

So far in my mythic raiding guild, 7 different people have already stated and tried to call "dibs" on switching to DH. Melee dps, ranged dps, and even healers. We have not decided how we are going to handle it yet, but obviously everyone can't have a raid spot if they all reroll demon hunter.

Now, assuming people are going to be unreasonable and leave to find another guild, what makes them stand out over the other tens of thousands of demon hunters in that same position?

I switched to DK at the start of WoTLK and was lucky enough to have already been apart of a raiding guild that let me keep my raid spot. But for many people this was not the case at all. On the higher pop servers it was nearly impossible to find a guild as a DK within the first 6 months, because there were hundreds of them in the same damn boat.

How are you going to handle other people in your guild wanting to switch to DH, and if you plan on leaving if you don't get a raid spot over the other 4 demon hunters in your guild, how are you going to go about finding a new guild that doesn't have their own problems with an over abundance of DH's?

Personally, I would have liked it if Blizzard had added at least one new race that was NOT able to be a Demon Hunter to try and balance out all of the people that are trying to rush into the new class.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure how long you have been together as a guild, but in mine we have a rule where we allow 4-5 different people to change roles each xpac, and we have a rotation. We've been raiding together since LK, so everyone has gotten their turn by now pretty much. But if you are a newer guild, I can see how that could be an issue. As a raid leader, I'd probably give priority to the people who are weakest at their current class/role in order to have the most potential for improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, there is no one single answer to this question. This will have to be sorted out by you and your guild. Ultimately, only you (and who ever else plans on rerolling DH) will be able to decide whether you'd prefer to keep your current class and guild or reroll DH and try your luckk finding another raiding guild that will accept him.

I'm "lucky" enough to not be part of a raiding guild now, and I'm not a raider, so I won't have that issue.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-08-07 at 06:27 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'd not leave a guild because they wouldn't let me play Demon Hunter at the very start. I expect a lot of people will "reroll" only to slink back after a little bit when they don't like it / don't want to be melee.

Let druids and rogues reroll. Don't let hunters and mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Let druids and rogues reroll. Don't let hunters and mages.
    You mean Feral/Guardian Druids, Rogues, Warriors, and DKs, etc. i.e. melee DPS for melee DPS and tanks for tanks.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

recruit to replace the roles they're leaving, then kick the 4-5 worst DH's as you don't have room for 7, they will be unable to find a raiding guild elsewhere due to everyone being DH, then you can laugh at them as they have to pug normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    You mean Feral/Guardian Druids, Rogues, Warriors, and DKs, etc. i.e. melee DPS for melee DPS and tanks for tanks.
    rogues and druids leather same as dh. Mages needed high dps hunters for shit jobs. Other than that is really whatever.

Deleted
    I don't see long-term uptake being that high, given that the class is limited to Elves. Personally I will be rerolling (and probably maining DH) as I love the more action-style combat mechanics they have. As when I rolled Monk, to secure my spot, I'll just be better than everyone else after the spot.

Same deal in my guild
    I'm hoping the tank spec is very useful in 1st tier (imagine it would be) doesn't have to be broken OP though, other tank in my guild loves to main warrior so not an issue there. I imagine we wouldn't want more than 2 Havoc players with a Veng in the raid as well so that's gonna be rough for the dps.

I've already been talking about it with my guild, and I've got my reroll approved, more or less, so I'm glad that I don't think it should be a large issue for me. I'm changing from a Ret Pally who only plays Ret to a Havoc DH, who will only play Havoc, since I can't stand tanking or healing, so my spot isn't going to be changing that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    If everyone is rerolling, it's a simple answer:

If everyone rerolls, first come first serve. You don't get to 110 first? Sucks, we already have the Demon Hunter spot filled.

"But but I raided with you before!" Sucks, so did our current Demon Hunter, we warned you that we wouldn't guarantee you a spot if you reroll. Simple as that.

I'm not in a guild, thankfully, so I can reroll at my own leisure without screwing anything up.
    At least for more serious raiding guilds a lot more goes into it than this, even if the guild isn't at the stage of PTR testing you need players who are going to play the class well, maybe someone who wants to reroll is known as an amazing warlock, when warlocks are good and there isn't any others around to recruit..... gonna be hard to let them compared to the average rogue who rerolled and is doing well on his DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    If everyone is rerolling, it's a simple answer:

If everyone rerolls, first come first serve. You don't get to 110 first? Sucks, we already have the Demon Hunter spot filled.

"But but I raided with you before!" Sucks, so did our current Demon Hunter, we warned you that we wouldn't guarantee you a spot if you reroll. Simple as that.

I'm not in a guild, thankfully, so I can reroll at my own leisure without screwing anything up.
    Unfortunately if you have people "race" for it the losers have to then go and level up their other character, which screws the guild as far as running dungeons within the first few days to be ready for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of our total 30 man roster I think only I and 2 others are considering rerolling. Considering

I plan on rolling a demon hunter at the start of the expac, as well as my current monk. If I decide I like the demon hunter more than the monk then I'm going to play the demon hunter, and if I decide I still like my monk more then I'll stick with the monk. I'm in no way concerned about a mythic raiding spot - as far as I'm concerned, you should have to be valuable to the guild for any class/spot, and playing a specific class shouldn't ever guarantee you a spot. If 8 other people in my guild decide to reroll demon hunter, that's totally fine as far as I'm concerned, they should be able to play what they want. Not all of us will get to remain in the guild, and that's fine too. I'll either play better then the others and get to keep playing in my guild, or play worse and have to find another guild if I want to continue on a demon hunter.

Having to switch guilds to play a class you really like is by no means a reason to not play that class. Nor is having to try and up your level of play to the tippy top and really excel in order to earn a raid spot. If I'm competing against 0 other people in my guild or 15, it wont change the way I approach trying to play the class to the best of my (and the classes) abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    as far as I'm concerned, you should have to be valuable to the guild for any class/spot, and playing a specific class shouldn't ever guarantee you a spot. If 8 other people in my guild decide to reroll demon hunter, that's totally fine as far as I'm concerned, they should be able to play what they want.
    What if healers want to switch and no one wants to heal in their place? Value is one thing, but you can't raid without the proper raid comp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Officers decide who rerolls(in serious raiding guilds that is), if ppl who gets declined dont agree, then maybe they can try their luck somewhere else
    Thats how its in my guild
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Good luck getting into raids as a DH for quite awhile.

Unless you're the top 1%, you aint getting in. There's going to be way too many derpy DH's running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    What if healers want to switch and no one wants to heal in their place? Value is one thing, but you can't raid without the proper raid comp.
    Then you recruit other people and drop the lowest of the demon hunters. If everybody wanted to reroll, there'd be a problem, but that simply isn't the case. Plus, in my experience, generally when one of the healers wants to reroll to a new class, they want to change specs anyway, and particularly the case with demon hunters. If a healer wants to reroll, its probably because they don't want to heal anymore, and they'll be switching classes/specs next expac anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Unless you're the top 1%, you aint getting in. There's going to be way too many derpy DH's running around.
    Doubtful. I suspect that just like most specs, if you're top 50% you can find a spot in most groups, and if you're consistently top 90% you'll be actively recruited by most groups. I bet you'll see a pretty solid mix of good players and bad players wanting to play demon hunters, I don't think all the bad players are going to flock to it and the good players will think "eh, pass"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    rogues and druids leather same as dh. Mages needed high dps hunters for shit jobs. Other than that is really whatever.
    They don't use that loot system anymore, so same class armor doesn't matter. They won't be competing with the other leather wearers for loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

It actually won't be that bad, especially since they can roll tanks and get into LFR/LFDs pretty fast for quick gear up. If they are skilled and geared, they'll find raidings/guilds.