Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD feels like a filler expansion

Now, more than ever, I have this feeling that WoD was simply a filler expansion. A wet dreams come true for someone at Blizzard. A way to establish old lore characters that will be important in their cinematic universe to come. But as a story for the game? For this game? No, not really a good choice.

If Blizzard was smarter, they'd make this alternate story into the Warcraft 4 RTS game. Sold millions of copies, established a completely new timeline and could milk and milk out of it. While the WoW could go on with this Legion / Azshara thing much more.

Just imagine if we ended Garrosh in SoO. We would get Azshara expansion with many of the elements from Legion xpac and then we'd move on to the Legion itself. We might have gotten the same bad gameplay decisions like garrisons etc. that we got in WoD but as far as the story goes, everything would be much smoother. Much more elegant. What do you think? The least I can say, at last we are back on the right track with this one.

Another rts seems too expensive to produce just to sell a couple boxes.

Deleted
    Warlords was shit. You are correct in this assessment.

So, yes.

Deleted
    Because wod is filler expansion....

You will soon realize that Legion is also a filler expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite OK with them not going down a path of having two game franchise separate universes (RTS and MMO like OP suggests) while at the same time have a third cinematic one. That's comic book territory and even there they seem to have the decency to focus on one at a time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yrel: "If you ever need us, we will be here."

$50 says Yrel and her new BFF Grom don't show.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Another rts seems too expensive to produce just to sell a couple boxes.
    Yup, many people keep clamoring for a Warcraft 4, but comparing the sales of SC2 to a WoW expansion, there is just no way that happens.

Seems WoD was done to bring back Gul'Dan so they could bring back Illidan or something like that.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Nope. This is all actually part of the entire story of events going forward exactly as they intended. Nothing is filler. its just the storyline as it flows and builds up to more future events.

WoD is just kinda there to bring back Gul'dan, but yeah this expansion is pretty much expendable. It didn't change anything in our own timeline, didn't bring in a new race or class, our faction leaders hadly had any lore, so basically it was just to see Draenor and bringing Gul'dan back.

Filler ended up being the priciest one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Seems WoD was done to bring back Gul'Dan so they could bring back Illidan or something like that.
    That is my guess also

Deleted
    It was an expansion to insert the graphical and system overhaul + test out new concepts.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That seems to be the sole concept es.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    How can it be a "filler" expansion when the game itself has no end? It's Blizzards job to prolong the story for as long as possible, which means having to come up with ideas like MoP and WoD. Otherwise it would just be another few years of slaying dragons in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Why it in the gods name would you believe in something as correct as that?

Obviously, WoD is a filler expansion. No wonder why alot of people felt cheated when Blizzard failed to deliver content.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is, they put their efforts to work on Legion.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Still crying over those 10 bucks, are we. man? I hope you are a tough negotiator in RL and always only go the shop that offers the best bang for your buck and negotiate she shit out of everything.
    Crying? The hyperbole is strong with you.

Regardless, money is not the issue. I took a risk in investing that they'd provide a quality a game, and they failed to live up to my expectations. (This is the part where you go, "Well why don't you go make your own game then?") If I were to go down that route, I sure as fuck wouldn't be charging what they did for the same kind of crap they just got away with. But I guess that's what happens when you build a good enough foundation of a playerbase that you can get away with these type of things.