Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodze View Post
    The fuck I`m going to be talking about in my Priest Hall?
    How shit Shadow (yet again) is? Been talking about that for the last 11 years.
    Trash talk some lower geared players?

I just dont get the need for this crap - smells like they just want to re-use some redeeming qualities that the Garrisons had and thats it. As opposed to, you know, create something new.

Might aswell just stick all the Artifact functionality in my Draenor Garrison and be done with it. At least I can pick my own guards and music now...

These Class Order Halls will literally be the 4chan of WoW.
    You know you can just leave chat right?

Deleted
    Yeah... Like as I mentioned, the other 999,999,999 copies of Hogger that people have killed since the game was released. But you're wasting your breath, this is all about special snowflake syndrome.
    I'm a special snowflake because I don't want the fucking world to be littered with Ret Paladins wielding The Ashbringer(s)? What the hell are you on? I'm arguing for common sense, not entitlement.

You must be mistaken - because I don't want to be 'the guy' - nor could I be if I tried and put effort in, there are far better players than me - but I don't want every single freaking person to be the guy either, because that dialutes the whole point of the adventure.

It's also an mmoRPG. A roleplaying game.
    Indeed it is. A multiplayer role playing game.

And when everybody is The Ashbringer, in a multiplayer environment, something is incredibly wrong.

Major immersion breakers: People building a basic camp fire in the middle of a wooden floor in Karazan but the whole place doesn't burn down because Wizards.
    Apparently people don't understand the concept of differing importance.

Yeah, it's an immersion breaker, but is making a campfire indoors really going to dialute your experience playing the game? Is it going to fuck over your adventure, your role as a character? No. It isn't. Stop exaggerating.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a835d2; 2015-08-09 at 02:13 PM.

To me the Order halls make a lot of sense. I think Blizzard hoped that Garrisons would be social hubs for players in WoD, but they invested too much into features and ended up with something similar to MoP farms that everyone had, with little to no reason to visit for other players.

I think the halls are going to be very simple in features yet meant to facilitate a social hub for other people of your class. There will definitely be players that will afk or chill out in the halls for whatever reason and i'm sure Blizzard is betting that their little areas will bring a bit of socialization because of it. Like if a mage in a top guild finally kills a boss and comes back to upgrade their artifact. You congratulate them on their kill, check out their gear and start talking about how you're having troubles on certain bosses,etc. Maybe you're helping your friend play your class for the first time, getting them into raiding... you would be in the halls playing around with artifact choices early on,etc.

Yes, you're the guy running the show for your class within the hall but I imagine once you see the "COMMANDER!" comments a few times you'll forget all about it and the place will become a cool class-only area to chill out. I really dig the idea as long as they keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    I'm a special snowflake because I don't want the fucking world to be littered with Ret Paladins wielding The Ashbringer(s)? What the hell are you on? I'm arguing for common sense, not entitlement.

You must be mistaken - because I don't want to be 'the guy' - nor could I be if I tried and put effort in, there are far better players than me - but I don't want every single freaking person to be the guy either, because that dialutes the whole point of the adventure.
    Well what is your proposal? Raise the bar so high that only a handful of people can ever overcome the difficulty curve, and watch subs hit the 0 mark in record time?

Remove anything cool from the game so that it doesn't break Zolascius's immersion because cool things should be unique and watch subs hit the 0 mark in record time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Get real, that element died somewhere around 2008.
    And whatever is left of it, its a very small niche for some players.

They lost me narrative-wise somewhere in Cata. Havent been able to care or play it as RPG since then, except for brief moments in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    To me the Order halls make a lot of sense. I think Blizzard hoped that Garrisons would be social hubs for players in WoD, but they invested too much into features and ended up with something similar to MoP farms that everyone had, with little to no reason to visit for other players.

I think the halls are going to be very simple in features yet meant to facilitate a social hub for other people of your class. There will definitely be players that will afk or chill out in the halls for whatever reason and i'm sure Blizzard is betting that their little areas will bring a bit of socialization because of it. Like if a mage in a top guild finally kills a boss and comes back to upgrade their artifact. You congratulate them on their kill, check out their gear and start talking about how you're having troubles on certain bosses,etc. Maybe you're helping your friend play your class for the first time, getting them into raiding... you would be in the halls playing around with artifact choices early on,etc.

Yes, you're the guy running the show for your class within the hall but I imagine once you see the "COMMANDER!" comments a few times you'll forget all about it and the place will become a cool class-only area to chill out. I really dig the idea as long as they keep it simple.
    I do notice it still, I find it jarring. Especially when this new Commander is like my 7th alt.

10+ Year Old Account

Wrong game for you maybe then.
    Multiple people on one realm wearing Shadowmourne wasn't a problem for you or what?
    Or multiple people running around with Warglaives? Even though we know now Illidan still owns them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Major immersion breakers: People building a basic camp fire in the middle of a wooden floor in Karazan but the whole place doesn't burn down because Wizards.
    I laughed at that more than I should have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nnounce029.jpg There you go!

Look at those noobs wearing tier 9 armor. Probably boosted characters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodze View Post
    Get real, that element died somewhere around 2008.
    And whatever is left of it, its a very small niche for some players.

They lost me narrative-wise somewhere in Cata. Havent been able to care or play it as RPG since then, except for brief moments in Pandaria.
    They may have lost you but the story telling is still there if you would pay attention. Everyone saying "MoP had shit lore, fucking Pandas" didn't pay any actual attention. MoP had some of the best lore in the game only rivaled by old Warcraft games. It was new, fresh and diverse. Just pay some attention.

People say they care so much about lore yet choose to ignore it when it's actually there.

15+ Year Old Account
    It feels like people are nitpicking. I'm not saying you should give Blizzard your point of view. However if you go about it like that, why didn't you do it sooner? There are hundreds of guilds/raids killing what is meant to be one guy that can only die one time

I totally get what OP is saying. I was totally cool in Acherus not being the biggest baddest DK around - and it made sense that other DKs, also heroes but also not the head honchos are running around me doing their business. There was absolutely no need to plug the single-player ego stroking into the MMO. The class halls are a nice idea but being a class leader ruins it a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    I'm in favor of anything that adds flavor to the game. Anything that adds more context and meaning to your class and who you are as a mage or paladin or shaman. I've been wanting something like this for years to replace the old class quests.

People are concerned about the wrong things. Not everything has to have some hard, practical purpose. Some things are there to immerse you into the world, to add meaning and context to what you're doing. Remember that this game isn't work. It's supposed to be fun. I feel like too many people who play this game want it to become a sterilized machine that races you to end-game raiding, and then complain because the game is boring now and they can't figure out why. This game needs to get its heart back.

Edit: And to those saying they don't like their character being the "hero" now: I'm sorry but you just have to deal with it. Our player character has defeated old gods, the lich king, Kil'jaeden, two dragon aspects, defeated an entire army, and is about to repel the greatest legion invasion the planet has ever seen. How are you NOT the hero leading the charge at this point? Besides, every roleplayer knows that the player character =/= your roleplay character. Most of my roleplay characters are very different from their respective player characters, some are just regular adventurers, some are old wise shaman, others are warlocks in league with the shadow council. Two different characters, two different stories. Both can coexist.
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2015-08-09 at 02:18 PM.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know you can just leave chat right?
    I know, but this isnt just about me.

If they want socializing there is no worse way to do it than create these small clusters of peope who know everything about each others gamestyle and approach to it. I just dont see any reason to be there except for major character improvement and I think people will feel the same way.
    I for one wont be in these Class Order Halls except for all that Artifact business.

If I want to see other players and socialize I`ll just mount up my Sha mount in the new Dalaran and respond back to '''Holy shit'' whispers, to other mount farmers like me.

This may be a good thing, as new players to the game (especially with level 100 boost) or those who have changed class, can get tips from others.

Deleted
    Well what is your proposal? Raise the bar so high that only a handful of people can ever overcome the difficulty curve, and watch subs hit the 0 mark in record time?

Remove anything cool from the game so that it doesn't break Zolascius's immersion because cool things should be unique and watch subs hit the 0 mark in record time?
    Offer weapons on the level of Shadowmourne, Eagle Spear, etc, for every spec. Exclude the Ashbringer and probably the DH, Frostmourne, and make it so that the journey is that you work towards the artifact over the course of the expansion, or at least for a part of it, up until the end of the launch content (excluding raids) and offer a hell of a lot of customization for those weapons, then I'll be happy with it, because there will be variety and equality for the specs, and there will be less in the way of obtuse ashbringer spam, "Leader of the Class" nonsense, etc.

It feels like people are nitpicking. I'm not saying you should give Blizzard your point of view. However if you go about it like that, why didn't you do it sooner? There are hundreds of guilds/raids killing what is meant to be one guy that can only die one time
    Boss killing is more of a systematic limitation, more than it is a design choice, though, if you get what I'm saying? Invoking super-powerful lore weapons and saying the PC is this godly figure, essentially saying the same for everybody, that's more of an issue when we talk about MMOs. Raids, dungeons etc. are more an acceptable form of suspending your disbelief because it's the best medium we have, currently, of achieving that kind of content against big bosses, and things like that. But with lore weapons, it's a lot more controllable and frankly, they can do better than simply call everybody the guy. They can give everybody the opportunity to be, and they can afford them awesome artifacts that aren't necessarily lore-breaking, or visually an annoyance.

Wrong game for you maybe then.
    Multiple people on one realm wearing Shadowmourne wasn't a problem for you or what?
    Or multiple people running around with Warglaives? Even though we know now Illidan still owns them?
    They were inaccessible and had prerequisites to getting them whilst they were current content - I'm less concerned about them because they actually have a filter of 'effort required' before they're handed out, and also, they're of less importance in the lore than some of the artifact weapons are.

To digress, I'd just say that my main problem is really with their philosophy around the Order Halls, and everybody being told they're the Leader of the class. That really bugs me.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a835d2; 2015-08-09 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerain View Post
    I totally get what OP is saying. I was totally cool in Acherus not being the biggest baddest DK around - and it made sense that other DKs, also heroes but also not the head honchos are running around me doing their business. There was absolutely no need to plug the single-player ego stroking into the MMO. The class halls are a nice idea but being a class leader ruins it a bit.
    But you were the biggest baddest DK. You were the only one that destroyed an entire fleet and left Morgraine speechless. You were the only one that kneeled so the LK can present you with a helm. You were his only champion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1025 View Post
    This may be a good thing, as new players to the game (especially with level 100 boost) or those who have changed class, can get tips from others.
    The last thing I`d trust is some stranger,however good his gear might be, to educate me about my class and spec.

I think people will most likely go to icyveins or something like that.

Offer weapons on the level of Shadowmourne, Eagle Spear, etc, for every spec. Exclude the Ashbringer and probably the DH, Frostmourne, and make it so that the journey is that you work towards the artifact over the course of the expansion, or at least for a part of it, up until the end of the launch content (excluding raids) and offer a hell of a lot of customization for those weapons, then I'll be happy with it, because there will be variety and equality for the specs, and there will be less in the way of obtuse ashbringer spam, "Leader of the Class" nonsense, etc.
    That sounds boring.

I mean, I've defeated old gods, lich kings, demon lords, the aspect of death, sha infused orcs, orcs, and other orcs... Why the hell shouldn't the most powerful weapon in Azeroth belong to me?

"Yeah sorry noob, I'm keeping Ashbringer, even though you could probably put it to better use."

Sorry. I'm not buying it. It's special snowflake.

What about the guy who is prot? He doesn't wield the Ashbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed Kel'thuzard twice. I beat Illidan. I destroyed Yogg'saron. I fucking obliterated the Lich King! I put Garrosh to trial (not as impressive I guess). I vanquished Archimonde twice. Why shouldn't I wear the most fucking powerful weapon in the game? I deserve it! Not some old man. What did he do to save the world multiple times?