Weapon Choice between 2hd and 1hd (Windwalker)

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I main a WW monk currently, and I've been using a crafted 705 Etched Blade of the Strategist

Last night I got the heroic Demonblade Eviscerator (715) and have a Heroic Voracious Souleaster (710).

Based on everything i've read, generally 1hd vs 2hd are about equal, with 2hd pulling ahead slight at the same item level.

With an additional 7.5 average ilvl from using the 1hds, I would think that they would obviously be better, but when I ran Simcraft, it shows the 2hd coming out slightly higher still.

Which should I use?

Deleted
    You probably messed up something in your sims, the 1-handers definitely better.

See, I thought that as well so I redid both sims to try them out again

1hd is coming out to 60062 dps, 2hd coming to 60374 dps.

my armory is us.battle.net/wow/ en/character/ saurfang/Punchynok/simple (remove the space between / and en as I can't post links yet)

I used warsong as the enchants, which I have no idea why mr robot wanted me to put haste on my weapons, weird

Stat weights are tuned for best in slot gear. If you don't have full bis gear your stat weights will vary. So that means haste on certain pieces will be better for your current gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    as far as I know, dual wield is slightly better.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cric View Post
    as far as I know, dual wield is slightly better.
    Unfortunately that information isn't correct, and hasn't been since at least 6.1. With similar stats and ilvl, 2H is slightly better by around 1%. Because they are so close, the one with the highest item level should win out in just about every situation.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Secondary question.

Going from the 705 ilvl 2hd to the 715 and 710 ilvl shows less agi/secondary stats, which I'm guessing is normal

The main thing I'm worrying about is even though it's slightly less main/secondary, the combined weapon damage appears higher than the 2hd (by simply combining the two amounts together), but when looking at Mirror of the Blademaster proc - it says requires main hand weapon.

Does this mean when it procs it'll only go off the weapon damage of the 1hd, or will it combine them together? I'm yet to get the trinket as I have the worst luck when it comes to it, but I know it's BiS after class trinket.

Deleted
    I think you are overthinking this whole think. This trinket is god damn good, regardless the fact that you're playing DW or not.
    After that I dont know the in-depth working of this trinket that you're asking for. I'm just saying that you're probably worrying too much over details
    Last edited by mmocfc880c5d8c; 2015-08-17 at 09:31 AM.

A 2handers damage is just as it shows. Dual wielding is 100% main hand and 50% off hand damage. The real difference comes between attack speed, an extra enchant, and the increased auto attack damage. At equal ilvl, a 2h is about 1% ahead, so it really depends on secondaries.

For those running chiex full time, having 2 demon blades is better than a 2hander because of the haste on it.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.