Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    one thing I do like about FFXIV's combat however is that you can always attack something even if your character is facing away from the target. It might not make much sense but it saves for a lot of trouble especially in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    one thing I do like about FFXIV's combat however is that you can always attack something even if your character is facing away from the target. It might not make much sense but it saves for a lot of trouble especially in pvp.
    Funny enough, it took me a while to actually get used to that aspect of FF14, due to years of WoW and GW2 experience, where one has to manually turn to face the target. Although I think I've seen attacks in GW2 lately do that now...maybe? Perhaps I'm delusional on that tidbit. It is early in the day here for me. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like power creep progression? Dont buy GW2.

Do you like playing a RPG where the only advancements you make are cosmetic? Buy GW2 yesterday.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2015-09-30 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV combat just seems spot on to me :S

GW2 felt great, but half the moves lacked any kind of impact and I got fed up of running around. Weirdly I prefer tab/stationary combat in my MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix19 View Post
    Hi there,

Just bought GW2, after finally getting sick of WoW. I just have one question really...why isnt the game more popular. A one off payment for a good game, epic graphics and imo one of the nicest gameplay styles i have ever encountered. Literally played 30 mins and im hooked.
    I found it boring. Got to maybe level 11 and when my computer died I had no desire to redownload it and install on my new machine. It does look nice but there was nothing to get me hooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salt levels were too high when I made this post. This reminder shall remain as a remnant of my misdeeds.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-10-01 at 08:53 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the OP meant with the original thread premise of 'popularity'. It's clear by financials and other measurements that the game is quite 'popular' in terms of having a large level of engagement. However, the game's design isn't centered on constant nor heavy retention. It's quite common in this model to come and go frequently.

I think GW2 is one of the most fantastic MMOs I've ever played and I only play about 3 months a year total. Sure I'm not swimming in pools of gold nor do I have every achievement and gear look I want, but I get something accomplished in each session I choose to play. Whether I start a new character at level 1 or I jump on my ranger main, there's not a second you spend in GW2 other than being afk that is wasted time. I cannot give that credit to just about any other game I've played.
    BAD WOLF