7+ Year Old Account

SSD storage help

I have a 256gb ssd and was wondering if i put another game (17GB) onto it with only 34.6GB space remaining will it slow the system down? The SSD is also where i have windows installed as drive C.

If you go by the 10% "rule" yes it could/will as it will need that space to make sure the data is kept "fresh". Not to sure how it is handled in more modern SSD's and over provisioning and how big the performance loss could be.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been sitting at like 5% space (~5-15gb of a 250gb) and noticed no slowdown. Sure, it might be slower in benchmarks, but its not a HUGE deal.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've been sitting at like 5% space (~5-15gb of a 250gb) and noticed no slowdown. Sure, it might be slower in benchmarks, but its not a HUGE deal.
    Like what, loading times or system start up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Like what, loading times or system start up?
    Write times will start to slow as an SSD fills up; but this is also true of HDDs. HDDs however also encounter slower read speeds on data stored in the 'later' sectors, which SSDs don't.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2015-08-24 at 05:20 PM.