Do you think pvpers are going to switch back to horde after Legion drops?

With the new pvp talent system that gives everyone a trinket(and not just Human racial now) do you think there will be a major shift of pvpers going to horde?

I think you'll be lucky to see any real portion of pvp'ers return at all. At least those interested in competitive pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really no, keep in mind everyone else has to choose this talent so you have to sacrifice something for it...

Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    I think you'll be lucky to see any real portion of pvp'ers return at all. At least those interested in competitive pvp.
    Why? I don't think any of the changes really discourage hardcore pvp, It's the casual PVP that will probably suffer. No gear grind means a lot less people doing bgs and what not. Arena will probably be unchanged.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Why? I don't think any of the changes really discourage hardcore pvp, It's the casual PVP that will probably suffer. No gear grind means a lot less people doing bgs and what not. Arena will probably be unchanged.
    Take a look at the ladders over season 1 and 2. Horrid participation rates above average ratings in any bracket - historically. Part of it is the age of the game, another part of it is the direction the game has been taken. There's simply a lot less people getting gladiator with each passing season. Notably last season.

We don't know how racials will work in Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    Take a look at the ladders over season 1 and 2. Horrid participation rates above average ratings in any bracket - historically. Part of it is the age of the game, another part of it is the direction the game has been taken. There's simply a lot less people getting gladiator with each passing season. Notably last season.
    Wouldn't you put this down to no new content and no balance? The fact that PVE gear works just as well as PVP gear tell's us something.

Hardcore PVP'ers are most likely bored of the current PVP content/area/BG (as no WOD change), compared to say a casual gamer who spends less than 50% of a hardcore gamers time running the same content. Season 1/2 it was fresh, but now it's run it's cause.

Deleted
    I doubt it.

The stigma will still be there of the horde being bad in pvP and the Alliance still has a very large pool of players to choose from/play with.

Plus, it would require them to pay for faction changes (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzaro101 View Post
    Wouldn't you put this down to no new content and no balance? The fact that PVE gear works just as well as PVP gear tell's us something.

Hardcore PVP'ers are most likely bored of the current PVP content/area/BG (as no WOD change), compared to say a casual gamer who spends less than 50% of a hardcore gamers time running the same content. Season 1/2 it was fresh, but now it's run it's cause.
    I'd say that's some small part of it with regards to pve gear.

I think the larger part is that most classes as a whole, regardless of spec, are just completely underwhelming. What that entails is part of the blame falls on pruning. Part of the blame falls shoddy and uninteresting secondary stats - the math behind them is horrid. Part of the blame has to do with simply ignoring and refusing to address obvious imbalance. All of these things kind of culminate into the overall problem which is homogenization. Far too many specs all have the same or exceedingly similar tools to deal with one another. No one fills any sort of niche, thus if you're looking at things realistically - comps matter less now, than they ever have. Some might say that's a good thing, but for the overall health of the game - pve and pvp - it's really not.

I don't think we'll see Blizzard address any of these issues in a meaningful way that's going to see an incursion among the dedicated pvp crowd returning.

In fact, given the changes they want to make to pvp in terms of progression (lack thereof), you'll see them start throwing out rewards left and right in order to attract people to participate. Mark my words.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2015-08-28 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    horde confirmed in sept 1.