Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    How much time have you sent in the south? Oh wait, that's right, none. Feel free to enjoy a big cup of shut the fuck up.
    When you stop wasting my tax dollars to facilitate your 'low tax, low service' bullshit, I'll shut up. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the DMV related to driving licenses? What has it got to do with elections?
    The DMV is where people go to get ID's. There are two types that I know of in the United States, there is the standard drivers license which pretty much everybody knows. But there is also the non driver license photo ID that you can get. It has all the same information as a drivers license it just doesn't give you permission to drive. Which means you need mail delivered to your address, not a PO Box to get it. And getting an approved piece of mail delivered to your home address is very difficult in many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The GOP has been pushing in numerous states for restrictive ID laws in order to vote, ID's such as a driving license that really aren't very common in very low income populations. Given the timing and the people who closed it, it seems pretty consistent that they're closing off avenues for people with very low mobility to even get a state issued ID.
    Damn, moderator assisted thread derailing.

Well since that's where we're going...

The Left saying voter ID laws prevent poor people from voting is a scam on par with the Right saying the lack of voter ID laws cause massive amounts of voter fraud.

They are two sides of the same political scam coin.

The most obvious light to be shined upon this is the fact that you need an ID to qualify and receive all types of welfare.

Are we truly expected to believe that a person so poor that they cant manage to make their way to a DMV isn't already on welfare and thus already has identification?

Hell, if they're that poor then how will they make it to the polling place to vote?

Now back on topic: fuck Alabama for considering this.

Alabamian's should protest the hell out of this.

You have to give up your entire fucking day to visit a local DMV servicing the local population, how in bloody hell does the state expect its citizens to plan for a full days travel in addition to the countless hours of standing in line?

What if you drive for hours and when you arrive the line is so long you get turned away?

What in fuck they are thinking.

Shit like this is why government sucks at everything it does.

Give control of the ID program to Walmart and you'll spend 5 minutes on the entire process and will probably cost you 1/2 the price.

Fucking government.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the DMV related to driving licenses? What has it got to do with elections?
    In most states (possibly all) the state-issued picture ID you receive is done through the DMV. So if there isn't one nearby, you will have to either do without (which will make it extremely hard to do things like open a bank account, open credit card accounts, sign a mortgage, etc), or find a way to get to the closest one.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Shit like this is why government sucks at everything it does.
    I agree, conservatives are very bad at governing.

You should stop voting and let us run things effectively.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The most obvious light to be shined upon this is the fact that you need an ID to qualify and receive all types of welfare.
    "The SNAP/Food Stamp caseworker is required to verify your identity. 7 CFR 273.2(f). There are many ways, however, that you may verify your identity. A photo ID is only one way. You should not be denied SNAP/Food Stamps simply because you do not have a photo ID. To prove who you are, you can use such things as a work or school ID, an ID for health benefits, an ID from another social services program such as TANF, wage stubs, a birth certificate, or a voter registration card. The SNAP/Food Stamp caseworker can also verify your identity by calling a “collateral contact” who can confirm you who are. Shelter workers and employers are examples of possible collateral contacts."
    http://frac.org/federal-foodnutritio...stamp-program/

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Alabama. Numerous DMVs have been closing down for the last few years. The closest one for me is now a 45min drive. The one we had about 10 mins away shut down 3 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I live in Alabama. Numerous DMVs have been closing down for the last few years. The closest one for me is now a 45min drive. The one we had about 10 mins away shut down 3 years ago.
    Low tax, low service.

It's your own fault for voting Republican, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Low tax, low service.

It's your own fault for voting Republican, really.
    I don't vote either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I don't vote either way.
    Then don't complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, conservatives are very bad at governing.

You should stop voting and let us run things effectively.
    "Government doesn't work, so we're going to cripple government as much as possible to show you it doesn't work!"

Conservatives point to the VA as "failed nationalized healthcare" when the entire thing is in poor management and underfunded thanks to... *drumroll* you guessed it, conservatives.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Here's another one.

You will need to provide proof of your household's circumstances. These are the kinds of things you should bring:
    Proof of your identity such as driver's license,library card,voter's registration

http://www.nlsa.us/resources/benefit...tion_tips.html
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2015-08-30 at 11:07 PM.

I live in Alabama. The same types of crooks are elected every election cycle, and they abuse the people to make themselves and their friends richer. This current governor kept hidden the poor status of the state's budget disaster until right after he was reelected. Now, to fix it, they are talking of cutting everything for the people(including medicaid) so they don't have to tax the rich in an already poor state.

The sad thing is, the state will elect more of these same types of people next time, simply because they have an "R" by their name. The same reason Florida elected a real criminal to be it's governor, because he has the "R" that they so covet.

Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    I live in Alabama. The same types of crooks are elected every election cycle, and they abuse the people to make themselves and their friends richer. This current governor kept hidden the poor status of the state's budget disaster until right after he was reelected. Now, to fix it, they are talking of cutting everything for the people(including medicaid) so they don't have to tax the rich in an already poor state.

The sad thing is, the state will elect more of these same types of people next time, simply because they have an "R" by their name. The same reason Florida elected a real criminal to be it's governor, because he has the "R" that they so covet.
    Or how Illinois keeps electing Governors with a D next to their name, who keep going to prison. What are they at, 3 in a row?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Or how Illinois keeps electing Governors with a D next to their name, who keep going to prison. What are they at, 3 in a row?
    Local politics tends to be very corrupt, go figure.

Local politics tends to be very corrupt, go figure.
    I thought the point of this thread was so say all Republicans are bad, I'm sorry if I broke up the circle jerk.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Here's another one.
    Fine so you can use other ID's which required a government ID to obtain.

I had to show my ID to sign up for utilities.
    I had to show my ID to sign up for school.
    I had to show my ID to obtain a copy of by birth certificate.
    I had to show my ID to register to vote.
    I had to show my ID to sign up for health insurance.
    I had to show my ID to open a bank account.
    I had to show my ID to obtain employment.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    This is my favorite voting district. It represents cemeteries and highways, just to connect two Latino communities. Neither side is innocent of gerrymandering.

- - - Updated - - -

Fine so you can use other ID's which required a government ID to obtain.

I had to show my ID to sign up for utilities.
    I had to show my ID to sign up for school.
    I had to show my ID to obtain a copy of by birth certificate.
    I had to show my ID to register to vote.
    I had to show my ID to sign up for health insurance.
    I had to show my ID to open a bank account.
    I had to show my ID to obtain employment.
    I got my first library card when I was 5.

This is my favorite voting district. It represents cemeteries and highways, just to connect two Latino communities. Neither side is innocent of gerrymandering.
    Hahah what the fuck?

That map just shows you how stupid politicians think we are.
    MAGA

Well shit fuck!