Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    TI model with higher spawn rate. Tanaan "rares" don't even feel like rares, and killing them once to not get the thing you want is just stupid. Granted, having a longer spawn timer and not get the thing you want sucks a lot worse, but at least you can cross-realm or keep farming it for the day.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    My comment wasn't that it was a bad design. Just that if you were to objectively answer the question of which rare was better you can't include the BoA tokens as they were not a design of the rare but the entire island itself.

Also, I disagree with your last sentence of "Get you the BoA gear to get you to go there and upgrade it". That wasn't the case it gave you the 496 gear and if you wanted to upgrade it you went to SoO LFR. It didn't encourage you to go to the Isle unless you wanted to endlessly farm for a chance at something that may not drop. Instead you spent coins to buy it, just like you spend Apexis to buy the Tanaan version. Major difference of this was Timeless Isle was limited to where you could farm. Tanaan's system was you could farm anywhere in the world that dropped Apexis crystals and aren't limited to Tanaan.

You also have the Tanaan rares reliably dropping gear that is 5 iLvL higher than the Baleful and a good chance at a Baleful itself. Most of Timeless Isle didn't drop gear (I think 1 or 2 might've).
    The rares were the main way to get them. Especially since you could kill them repeatedly. I did go to timeless on my alts. Reason being, you only have 1 shot per boss in SoO on lfr to get upgrades. After the week was done, timeless isle was still there. So you could easily spend your time between queues and after the raid week there trying to get better gear.

Now, about being limited. You were not limited on timeless isle as to where you farmed. Everything on that isle dropped the coins. You could farm everywhere. Some places were better then others, but everything helped. Just as now in tanaan.

For the last one, the Tanaan rares is hardly what I would call reliable. Their gear is only a chance, not 100%. Sure, its a bit better than the tokens in terms of ilevel, but you can get the perfect stats on the tokens with enough chances. With the rare item, you can upgrade them to much higher ilevels. They already are higher ilevels if they proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

timeless isle...was and still is timeless, 14 months after it's release the area was still hopping and being used. i went there 2 days ago, it appeared more active than tanaan, i was truly amazed thinking only 90's who are MOP capped would be there.

tanaan...is fading hard 2 months after it's release. if it wasn't for GF it would be tough for new/alt players entering the area

timeless was nice and compact, tanaan is rather large for the diminishing base of players going there now. i never felt alone at timeless as i do in tanaan

tanaan visually is impressive and amazing, but sometimes the K.I.S.S. principle is proven and works

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Tanaan as there is no retarded wpvp.
    TI doesn't have World PvP either. Given you're from a Normal or RP server and haven't flagged yourself.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle. There is no reason to kill rares in Tanaan once you are past 660 ilvl besides for the daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Timeless Isle anytime. Tanaan is ideal for people who can't be arsed to camp for stuff, so I get why it's liked - it's very time efficient. I just personally like the idea that some of the things will require some extremely long grind. Most people have all the Tanaan toys and stuff after a week of killing while maybe only 0,01% of the playerbase has "Going To Need A Bigger Bag" achievement. I get it though that it's a personal preference and that most people probably hate TI rares for the same reason I loved them
    Well in a way. For some of us we've grinded that achievement and still don't have it. Not getting the item to drop killing the mob once per day on a few toons for a year plus you would think we'd have it by now, but that isn't the case. At least with Tanaan you don't have to wait forever for RNG to smile upon you.

I don't mind a grind, but farming the rares 2-3x a day (each on different toons so your chance is at its max) for over a couple years and still not having it is a bit ridiculous for outdoor content like this. Raid mounts it's not as big of a deal because it's only 1 shot per week per toon. The other is 7 shots per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Timeless Isle. There is no reason to kill rares in Tanaan once you are past 660 ilvl besides for the daily.
    But at some point that becomes a bad thing. The only reason you killed them so many times was because the drop rates on their items was like 1%.

Tanaan's are probably too high, but TI's were way too low.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest thing going against Tanaan is it's hard to get around.

The rare mount model IMO is infinitely better than Huolon. Fair drop rate, drop from multiple rares. Only thing they really need to add is have more 10-25% drop rate items or pets.

Easy way to make Tanaan more popular: make all rares have a 5-10% drop rate on medallions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Timeless isle felt, well... timeless. You didn't need to log in every day and check off a list. When you had time, you went there and messed around, got some gear, killed some rares when you saw them. It also allowed you to choose your adventure.

Tanaan is all - "log in every day", "do these specific things", "sorry you're done for today you did the quests". In other words, timeless was awesome and tanaan sucks. Timeless looked cooler too - Tanaan feels small and cramped. And seriously, you kill so many damn guys there every day, it's disheartening.

Wait what? You don't need to log into Tanaan every day either. Only reason to do it is either A) Oil B) Apexis or C) you want the reps. You only need to log in once a week for the weekly (much like Timeless Isle). Could you elaborate more on how Tanaan is forced daily?

Timeless was log in each day and kill X mobs for this quest, get Y amount of these items. Like the Tanaan quests.

Also Tanaan feels small and cramped, but Timeless Isle didn't? I'm sorry I had the complete opposite feeling and I know many did as well. You were literally on a tiny island compared to an entire zone.

Well in a way. For some of us we've grinded that achievement and still don't have it. Not getting the item to drop killing the mob once per day on a few toons for a year plus you would think we'd have it by now, but that isn't the case. At least with Tanaan you don't have to wait forever for RNG to smile upon you.

I don't mind a grind, but farming the rares 2-3x a day (each on different toons so your chance is at its max) for over a couple years and still not having it is a bit ridiculous for outdoor content like this. Raid mounts it's not as big of a deal because it's only 1 shot per week per toon. The other is 7 shots per week.
    Personal preference again. I've been killing several rares there for hundreds of times and still missing 3 items for the achievement and I'm enjoying the hell out of the grinding.

I really like the Tanaan Jungle model. Don't like waiting for hours. Better kill it on multiple days to get items.

Wait what? You don't need to log into Tanaan every day either. Only reason to do it is either A) Oil B) Apexis or C) you want the reps. You only need to log in once a week for the weekly (much like Timeless Isle). Could you elaborate more on how Tanaan is forced daily?
    If you want an rare item in Tanaan, you're restricted by the daily kill limit. You can't decide yourself when to farm, if you really want it, you better log in until you have it. It's a mental thing, but if the game enforces kill restrictions, it adds a "have to do it now" component, whereas timeless isle, while more rare drops, if you didn't want to continue farming, you just stopped, as there is no reentry restriction.

Timeless was log in each day and kill X mobs for this quest, get Y amount of these items. Like the Tanaan quests.
    Aren't we talking about rare's here?

Also Tanaan feels small and cramped, but Timeless Isle didn't? I'm sorry I had the complete opposite feeling and I know many did as well. You were literally on a tiny island compared to an entire zone.
    Timeless Isle had content spread around the entire zone, Tanaan has content restricted to specific areas, with nothing in between those areas. Simply put, Tanaan, lik any other WoD zones, is more like a subcontinent with several incredible small zones in it. To make it worse in Tanaan there's not really anything tying those zones together - each stands on its own (so it's basically the same nonsense they did to Nagrand and Spires)
    Last edited by stormgust; 2015-09-11 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    TI doesn't have World PvP either. Given you're from a Normal or RP server and haven't flagged yourself.
    What he means is Tanaan doesn't have Blood Coin gankers abusing guard aggro. I played Horde on Outland, I died more to Horde Bloody Coin farmers than I did Alliance and the active player population was something like 10:1 (A:H). Suffice to say, I only want to TI for my weekly Celestial kill and that was it, unless you had Stealth, were incredibly overgeared or ran with a group, TI was horrible on PvP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    If you want an rare item in Tanaan, you're restricted by the daily kill limit. You can't decide yourself when to farm, if you really want it, you better log in until you have it. It's a mental thing, but if the game enforces kill restrictions, it adds a "have to do it now" component, whereas timeless isle, while more rare drops, if you didn't want to continue farming, you just stopped, as there is no reentry restriction.
    Except Timeless Rares are only looted once per day too. Only exception is they can still drop the BoA token or if they drop a shared item (to that of which a regular mob drops) you can still try for it, but the specific item they drop is out of the question. Just to make sure my memory was right I was keeping an eye on it last night. Every rare I killed was unlootable after the first kill except Spirit of Jadefire.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Aren't we talking about rare's here?
    Yes, but in the message you quoted that from you can see the poster talking about dailies and such and that was my reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    My favourite rares were the MoP pre-Timeless Isle rares. Longish spawn times, but dozens and dozens of them spread out all over the continent, offering not only cool unique rewards but also long-term valuable loot bags and other goodies that could be sold, used for professions, or sent to alts etc. I'm not at all fond of the daily lockouts on loot tables since it's a horribly artificial constraint on gameplay that arbitrarily holds back those who want to farm hard, and relegates the activity to more of a daily chore than an exciting hunt. Clustering rares around one location also results in the zerg of players rushing to kill them, which I'm not sure anyone finds particularly enjoyable.
    Yeah same here.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I liked Timeless Isle more, to be honest. Tanaan does have more stuff to do, though. Maybe fusion of TI and Tanaan?

If we were referring to the overall design, but since the OP said rares it kind of excludes it since it isn't a feature of the Timeless rares moreso than the entire island. The difference being is both sets of rares have a rare chance for the upgrade token to drop so it's equal in that aspect.
    The Rares in both zones have a chance to drop a gear token, and a smaller chance to drop an upgrade token.

IIRC, the upgrade token for TI was BoP (the Burden) while the upgrade token for TJ is BoA. However, for TI, the gear tokens were BoA, while the gear tokens for TJ are BoP.

Since both tokens are very much associated with the rare mobs for the zones, I prefer the TI way of doing things. Gear tokens are BoA, upgrade tokens are BoP.