Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Good changes. LFR and to some extent normal have been suffering from having an excessive number of mechanics that are there but don't really do anything. It's just distracting and messy, and makes it much harder for new players to learn how to raid by doing LFR, as it's impossible to tell which mechanics are actually important and which mechanics are just watered down versions of things that only matter on heroic/mythic. They should have done this when they introduced flex back in MoP. But better late than never.

As long as they don't touch heroic, it's all good.
    The bolded part by 1000 not to phased about Normal as that was the old MoP flex mode anyway and if should somewhat easier, as it is basically a leg up for those who want to try raiding but don't want to go into the crap hole that is LFR..

But so long as they don't touch heroic for the most part but maybe with a slight tweak to Iron Reaver then all will be fine and dandy..

Deleted
    I'm not sure I like the changes to normal.

pugs asking for 13/13HC for normal was an issue before and this certainly won't help. If you have an inconsistent or slow progressing guild or simply just PUG your raids all together. The gap to actually get into HCs will be much higher now. Getting geared people with only normal experience into HC is fine just now because they are just the same. Now when mechanics are HC-only I do see the appeal in not inviting people who don't already have the HC experience.

Does Hotfix for HFC wasn't really need IMO.
    All they will do is cause a greater rift between Normal people and HC people

It was needed since normal is now flex.
    I don't really care what kind of arguments people have against it.
    Flex was fun with friends on alts and like the Blue post mentioned, not all of your friends are going to be up to par.
    If anything, LFR should just go away.

I like these changes. Each difficulty should add another layer of mechanics to a fight instead of the numbers just being tuned higher. It certainly helps the learning curve of jumping up from LFR to Normal too.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    I like these changes. Each difficulty should add another layer of mechanics to a fight instead of the numbers just being tuned higher. It certainly helps the learning curve of jumping up from LFR to Normal too.
    Probably be why they did this too, because as we all know in LFR people will just tunnel the boss since mechanics are non existent, and unfortunately it can be the same issue in normal people just tunnel the boss and not worry about mechanics and end up dying and wiping the raid..

Wasn't the point of Normal to be the same as Heroic, just with lower damage and health?

Heroic is flex as well. I certainly hope they don't decide to mess that up as well.

Last night we thought Archimonde was bugged since some mechanics didn't take place during our ring upgrade run.

Damn, the shop expands! This should be considered Patch 6.3! Oh Yeah!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    There are 4 difficulties, if normal seems to easy for you, work your ass on mythic, and show the filthy casuals how great of a player you are.
    Look at you all butthurt over nothing. My guild actually just killed archi before the nerf and are only two bosses into HC. The whole point is what's the point of Normal mode if it's not going to present any form of challenge compared to LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Look at you all butthurt over nothing. My guild actually just killed archi before the nerf and are only two bosses into HC. The whole point is what's the point of Normal mode if it's not going to present any form of challenge compared to LFR.
    oh it still will present chalenge just this kind of chalenge that it should have been from very begining as it was in soo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Then why bother disabling comments? They've never done that before. They're ashamed and trying to silence complaints that the only content for the next year is an update to the cash shop so we can more easily give them money.
    If thats your actual complaint, it belongs in a thread about content dev. It's a moronic complaint either way, but at least get it in the right place.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, these sound like really good changes.

Doom

its time to delete lfr!

make a easy normal mode, hard hc mode and mythic for the pros..

time to change your raid mode blizzard!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2015-10-01 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    its time to delete lfr!

make a easy normal mode, hard hc mode and mythic for the pros..

time to change your raid mode blizzard!
    What for like the sixth or seventh time? Their plans for raid mode has hardly remained static throughout the whole cycle of each expansion. IMHO they should just not mess with it's structure for one expansion and focus on the content outside of raiding at max level.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    Ancient Artifact now increases maximum health by 25% (down from 100%).
    LOL!
    How did it take them so long to fix something that simple?

While it's good that design goes forwards it does highlight just how easy the character services are to perform now. You have to look at the price and wonder if that's really warranted anymore. But i guess there is no competition to something that's within a game... hehe.

I was of the opinion that "normal" was the official raid difficulty. Removing pretty basic mechanics makes it look more like another easy mode. Not a fan, personally, and I hope this doesn't set a bad precedent that leads to "two easy modes and two hard modes" with no good middle ground. Normal at the moment is almost perfect for players like me that just do pick up groups. Heroic is fun to clear once, but I can't be assed to deal with that difficulty on a weekly basis. Wiping a lot is only fun in a guild where you know that each wipe means better execution next week. Wiping for hours with random people you will never meet again is not rewarding and that's what I get a lot of the time when doing heroic pugs.

Basically it just feels like normal is being delegitimized by removing basic content from it. Each mechanic adds to the character of the boss, it's why people keep playing the game. LFR is a good example of how a lack of threatening mechanics can lead to every boss feeling the same. I fail to see how things like dodging the axe on Kilrogg is considered too hard for this difficulty. It literally has an arrow and a warning prompt.
    Last edited by frymastermeat; 2015-10-01 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    going from Normal to Heroic now introduces some additional mechanics, just as going from Heroic to Mythic always has. That adds some additional depth to the experience of learning a boss on a higher difficulty, rather than just having the same encounter with larger numbers.
    i am speechless that it took them the ENTIRETY of this xpac to realize this. Like seriously, blizzard, get your shit together.

I can actually get behind the nerfs to Normal.

While it might be jarring for them to do this to it so long after it's release, going FORWARD it does make sense:

Heroic should be more than Normal with higher damage, health, and DPS requirements. It should add abilities, just like Mythic does.

I have a feeling newer raids made with this mentality (in Legion) won't feel like they were completely gutted.

As for my raid team: It doesn't matter, we already had pretty much all of the bosses listed here on farm anyway. Just means we clean them up quicker so we can move to our progression ones.