Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    that is a hell of a nerf.. I kinda prefer the ICC buff method... but I guess this works. I mean at this point the content is old, and I'm cool with a nerf to get more people to try raiding.

Really hoping they'll add tokens for the character services as well one day.

Deleted
    so now people will ask for mythic curve to join heroics runs . getting curve now will be even harder since everone and their mother ask for "achievement or gtfo" shit this community is filled with . not that it doesn't happen already when its exactly the same and its retarded but now makes more sense to ask for archievement
    Last edited by mmoc32ac407789; 2015-10-01 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishiyumi View Post
    so now people will ask for mythic curve to join heroics runs . getting curve now will be even harder since everone and their mother ask for "achievement or gtfo" shit this community is filled with . not that it doesn't happen already when its exactly the same and its retarded but now makes more sense to ask for archievement
    Exactly. When I geared my char (started 5weeks ago), I actually got into normal groups without achieve, and having full normal, I got into heroics pretty easy as well, since people care far more if you can handle the mechanics, then ilvl. Atleast here in the EU. Mechanics(as in xp) > ilvl any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    There goes all hope for Skin Color changes at the Barber Shop.

Thx Bli$$ard for bursting the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    that is a hell of a nerf.. I kinda prefer the ICC buff method... but I guess this works. I mean at this point the content is old, and I'm cool with a nerf to get more people to try raiding.
    Well, the upgradable rings are pretty much the icc buff, people get stronger every week. 795 rings with procs will add ~50% damage and ~50% damage made during the empowerment.

And these nerfs change nothing. Archimonde pug groups even on normal already have crazy item level and kill requirements. On hero it is even worse. Yesterday there was a group 720 item level and 5 hero kills to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    its time to delete lfr!

make a easy normal mode, hard hc mode and mythic for the pros..

time to change your raid mode blizzard!
    Normal could be easier than LFR and you'd still have people requiring AotC and 720 ilvl. LFR is a failsafe against the community treating each other like crap.

And I really don't get how you people still feel threatened by LFR. At this point the rewards are so trivial, the only thing Blizz could do to de-incentivize it more is to have an NPC follow you around constantly ringing a bell and shouting 'SHAME!' if you dare equip an LFR item.

Quote Originally Posted by thorvath View Post
    Normal could be easier than LFR and you'd still have people requiring AotC and 720 ilvl. LFR is a failsafe against the community treating each other like crap.

And I really don't get how you people still feel threatened by LFR. At this point the rewards are so trivial, the only thing Blizz could do to de-incentivize it more is to have an NPC follow you around constantly ringing a bell and shouting 'SHAME!' if you dare equip an LFR item.
    Only idiots are still threatened by and advocate for the removal of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh look blizzard admits that they completly fucked up normal tuning - this should be like this from very begining its poitnless to make those nerfs now. their sub numebrs must be really terrible if they take actions like that
    If you think these nerfs are to do with tuning, you've clearly never done these bosses on anything other than LFR or a really bad pug. These nerfs have nothing to do with tuning. Tuning is damage, amount of debuffs out, amount of/speed of adds etc. Making the adds on Xhul'horac not spawn fire is not a tuning thing, it's the removal of their purpose and a core mechanic in that fight, take away their fire ability and you might as well remove them from the fight all together because they don't attack players or do anything other than spawn fire.

Kilroggs Heartseeker nerf isn't tuning, its people not moving out of THE MASSIVE FUCKING ARROW. Tuning would be it doing less damage or happening less often. Shared fate is stupidly easy to deal with. If you can't run to the person with the beam connecting you, then raiding isn't for you.

Same with Wailing Horror, move out of the giant fucking purple void creatures path.

Adds on Archimonde die so fucking easily its beyond belief.

It's not like normal is hard now, but LFR is for people who /just/ want to see the content. Leave normal alone, its supposed to be a dry run for heroic, not tourist mode. Stuff like the Xhul'horac nerf and Kilrogg nerf promote tunnel visioning and standing in shit. People on Kilrogg are gonna be shocked when they get to Tyrant and get hurt by her giant obnoxious arrow.

Seriously, if normal is too hard or too demanding for people, then those people don't actually enjoy raiding in the first place(whether that be the difficulty or the gameplay). Gutting it isn't going to change that and neither are these nerfs, those people still won't enjoy raiding or will still die all the time because they don't care or don't care to bother. They have LFR to see the content if that's all they want. These are people who fundamentally don't enjoy raiding as a concept, which is fine for them, but don't drag casual players who enjoy normal down to their level just to appease people who don't /really/ want to raid in the first place. Because now you're going to create the issue of having a casual group of people (the friends and family group) for whom heroic is of no interest to them but normal is now way too easy. What do they do now? I mean how bad do you think organized casual guilds are exactly that they need this much cotton wool? It's almost insulting to them as players.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-10-01 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Only idiots are still threatened by and advocate for the removal of LFR.
    How do you figure that? All LFR does is neuter the need to interact with other players. You queue, say nothing, get your effortless kills and leave. How is that good for a game?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol holy shit those nerfs

I don't mind the nerfs on normal. Maybe now I don't have to have a 710+ ilvl for normal pugs. I am 1/13M 13/13H so I know the fights, which should always be more important to some degree(I think 660+ is a perfectly fine ilvl for normal HFC before these nerfs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Exactly. When I geared my char (started 5weeks ago), I actually got into normal groups without achieve, and having full normal, I got into heroics pretty easy as well, since people care far more if you can handle the mechanics, then ilvl. Atleast here in the EU. Mechanics(as in xp) > ilvl any day.
    Americans aren't as advanced as the European people mentally. They think that if you have a higher ilvl it matters more. I've seen countless groups I got into before I found a guild that only cared about ilvl since obviously ilvl must mean they're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wasn't the point of Normal to be the same as Heroic, just with lower damage and health?
    That was the design. The point was to serve F&F guilds. The design didn't address the point, so they are changing the design.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That was the design. The point was to serve F&F guilds. The design didn't address the point, so they are changing the design.
    Which in turn makes it harder for PUGs, and to get into PUGs, going forward since you can't rely on the Archimonde achievements anymore to assume people have an idea of what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp View Post
    How do you figure that? All LFR does is neuter the need to interact with other players. You queue, say nothing, get your effortless kills and leave. How is that good for a game?
    Because you're still playing. If LFR were removed and I had no interest in other forms of raiding why would I stay subscribed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Which in turn makes it harder for PUGs, and to get into PUGs, going forward since you can't rely on the Archimonde achievements anymore to assume people have an idea of what to do.
    Pretty sure making N easier is going to be far more positive for PUGs than the effect you're talking about there.

Anyway, why should we care about tears from people trying to pug heroic mode? Maybe they should be in an actual raiding guild if they want to raid at that level, mmmm?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Oh so now when recruiting for heroic or making a Heroic pug group we now not only have to armory people to see if they have multiple kills on bosses but now have to check at what date they got their kills because if it was after Sept 30 obviously won't be coming into my groups. I'd rather not have people who got their hands held in normal from blizzard nerfing the raid into a Heroic group to wipe everyone consistently. This is a serious issue and will affect LFG greatly. Good job blizz...

Quote Originally Posted by Redshore View Post
    Oh so now when recruiting for heroic or making a Heroic pug group we now not only have to armory people to see if they have multiple kills on bosses but now have to check at what date they got their kills because if it was after Sept 30 obviously won't be coming into my groups. I'd rather not have people who got their hands held in normal from blizzard nerfing the raid into a Heroic group to wipe everyone consistently. This is a serious issue and will affect LFG greatly. Good job blizz...
    Not as problem. As ever, the answer is 'make your own group'.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Because you're still playing. If LFR were removed and I had no interest in other forms of raiding why would I stay subscribed?
    I've been in LFR in HFC two times since its launch. So I don't understand your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp View Post
    I've been in LFR in HFC two times since its launch. So I don't understand your statement.
    If you're still subscribed to the game you've answered your own question.