12 46.15%
  • Against it

14 53.85%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Death penalty, for or against?

I am for it because of

You get rid of the criminal forever, they can never do anything again
    Hopefully it scares some people into not doing crime because they could receive the death penalty
    It's cheaper to execute them in the long run
    Gives some people satisfcation and a bigger confidence in the justice system

What are peoples thoughts on death penalty here?

100% in favor of the death penalty, my complaints are is that it takes to long for the scum to be executed and they try to make it as painless as possible for the scum.

I like life in prison as a punishment over the death penalty. Not because I am against killing them, but it sure lessens their punishment. If you think it is rushing them to an eternity in hell, they would end up there anyways. If there is no hell then they end up facing no real punishment.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Can't really call yourself a first world country and still have the death penalty be a thing there. It's barbarism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    100% in favor of the death penalty, my complaints are is that it takes to long for the scum to be executed and they try to make it as painless as possible for the scum.
    I'm more worried about bloodthirsty individuals such as yourself. Comments like these are pretty concerning.

Im sure small government libertarians are against the death penalty, ahhahahaha.

Deleted
    100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Can't really call yourself a first world country and still have the death penalty be a thing there. It's barbarism.
    Barbarism? Bullshit - try righteous. I don't believe in God, so I have no problem with putting a bullet through some criminals head, if they deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about the more I'm against it. There will be methods to rehabilitate people who've turned for the worst. Think of the The Demolition Man where you can alter a persons thinking. We're far away from that so keep them locked up until we do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only am I FOR it, but I think it needs to be used for a lot more things. Not only does it take such a long time, as well as far too much money to get it done today, but there are so many offenses that SHOULD warrant the death penalty, but instead we keep them clogging up prisons and soaking up taxpayer dollars.

I mean, really, how much does a case of 9mm rounds cost? Find the person guilty, bullet to the back of the head, and move on. Problem solved. But no, that's not PC enough, someone is going to get sand in their vag because I made this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm morally opposed to the death penalty in most circumstances, but I do recognize that it's constitutionally permissible for both the federal and state governments in the US; I'd prefer that their legislatures got rid of it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I mean, really, how much does a case of 9mm rounds cost? Find the person guilty, bullet to the back of the head, and move on. Problem solved. But no, that's not PC enough, someone is going to get sand in their vag because I made this post.
    You'd have been a big fan of most Central American autocratic dictatorships.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm more worried about bloodthirsty individuals such as yourself. Comments like these are pretty concerning.
    The Death Penalty isn't barbaric - it's a tool used to DEAL with barbarism. These are people that have removed themselves from proper society so far that they aren't even classified as humans anymore. No amount of 'rehab' will cure them. They are the scum of the earth, they can never be functional members of society, and therefore need to be removed from it, permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    For it.

and fuck cruel and unusual punishment.

Public hangings, draw and quartering, electric chair, beheading, bring it all back.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes too long because our flawed system is trying to make damn sure we don't kill an innocent person.

Which we have done. Multiple times.

And we make it painless because we're above their level, not at or lower than their level.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    But no, that's not PC enough, someone is going to get sand in their vag because I made this post.
    The PC folks will "label" you as a "sociopath". Or they will call you a racist - one or the other.

Deleted
    If it's so easy then you should do it yourself, instead of putting someone else through the trauma of having to kill another human being. Putting the sociopaths to good use.

Emphatically in favor of it. This is a simple matter of human intuition regarding justice for me.

Most of the arguments against it seem to be rooted in legal systems being garbage rather than any actual problem with execution.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am in favor of the death penalty in cases where it's been proven without a shadow of a doubt for violent crimes and child molestors/child killers,etc.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    trust me, I am WAY more worried about people such as yourself. People like you are why we even have to have this debate. Your comments are a hell of lot more concerning. You act as though Hooker is the one who is out of line and to be feared - sorry, that shoe belongs on YOUR foot.

Not only am I FOR it, but I think it needs to be used for a lot more things. Not only does it take such a long time, as well as far too much money to get it done today, but there are so many offenses that SHOULD warrant the death penalty, but instead we keep them clogging up prisons and soaking up taxpayer dollars.

Try reading that thing you love so much called the constitution, its the thing that let people appeal convictions so they shouldnt be in prison for something they didnt do..

Deleted
    Against it because innocent people have been executed before. I don't feel a bit of mercy or sympathy for murderers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-