Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We really do live in a police state now, don't we?

The fun police.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ride we are on now, the only conclusion is another void of dark ages. When acceptable racism like lower the bar is used to an extent that it impacts our sciences, medical and other professions we can only go backwards. When sjw types change colleges around to their way of thinking, we can only go backwards. When these same people are in actual companies and in roles such as HR we can only go backwards and it is already happening.

It's going to be a cross between Idiocracy's intelligence level and Orwell's totalitarianism. Can't get off the ride...
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Maybe you should go protest their protest. It seems like a good vent for your outrage. You could demand they apologize for offending you.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

As soon as someone has to raise their voice, you know their argument has failed.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

gotta make those 500 page regulatory documents with 900 signatories so that immature assholes don't wear blackface on halloween, yo.

These kids are going to be in charge some day. I might have to move elsewhere when that transition starts taking place. Bora bora looks better all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Maybe you should go protest their protest. It seems like a good vent for your outrage. You could demand they apologize for offending you.
    You mean physically protest? The Internet is often adequate in terms of criticizing bad ideas and behavior. For example the girl in the video was screaming and dropping the f-bomb, that doesn't lead to a constructive conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    The ride we are on now, the only conclusion is another void of dark ages. When acceptable racism like lower the bar is used to an extent that it impacts our sciences, medical and other professions we can only go backwards. When sjw types change colleges around to their way of thinking, we can only go backwards. When these same people are in actual companies and in roles such as HR we can only go backwards and it is already happening.

It's going to be a cross between Idiocracy's intelligence level and Orwell's totalitarianism. Can't get off the ride...
    I think things will be good in terms of scientific advancement and economics. However, if that isn't the case, connecting civilizational decline to such clear changes in society will be quite easy, especially across a statistics-rich platform like the Internet.

Having read the email and the backlash, I give in to sentiments regarding PC culture...this sort of response is excessive.

Found this other video:

"Who gets to decide what's offensive?"

"What hurts meeee"

This is Yale, this is prestigious school as far as I know. Very concerning.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Found this other video:

"What hurts meeee"

Rofl "when it hurts mee". Bunch of rich 18year olds, you oughta get some sense slapped into your thick skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Rofl "when it hurts mee". Bunch of rich 18year olds, you oughta get some sense slapped into your thick skulls.
    I actually laughed out loud when she said that. Hilarious.

There's real issues to protest, and then there's this shit.

I'm pretty sure these people are more 'offended' than the people that the costumes are supposedly offending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    I feel sorry for the guy and for all the young, colourful kids. Is this really this wide-spread in US? If it is, I'd like to inform all sane people that there's still place in central/eastern Europe for you to migrate and live without all this daily "triggered/offended" stuff - you just have to settle for a little lower life standard and be able to learn the local language :^).

"What hurts meeee"

Man of principle attempts to explain that principle to a young narcissist. Does not succeed

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found this other video:

"What hurts meeee"

Oh for fucks sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Man of principle attempts to explain that principle to a young narcissist. Does not succeed
    Honestly, if this is what millenials do as they become adults, fuck my generation.

What a whiny entitled brat.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found this other video:

"What hurts meeee"

What a bunch of crybabies, holy fuck grow some balls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why not go in black face and really piss some people off? Or are you only willing to offend the smaller groups of people who you aren't as likely to run into?
    How is black makeup offensive?

Should I be crying about white face depicted on primitives?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why not go in black face and really piss some people off? Or are you only willing to offend the smaller groups of people who you aren't as likely to run into?
    Not sure what you're trying to accomplish with your catty words, young lady.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between black face - a caricature of race, and, say, dressing up as an indian - which is a caricature of culture. How do people not see this?