Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    they are removing a lot of things.
    2h frost is crap and frost was never going to get frostmourne if it even kept 2h.

frostmourne is more unholy or blood. most likely unholy
    FROSTmourne is not frost?

boo hoo

i didnt get frostmourne boo hoo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Yeah I can see the argument for unholy but I'm gonna go with frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    boo hoo

i didnt get frostmourne boo hoo hoo
    /thread
    ```````````

Deleted
    While there sure are a lot of people moaning cause we didn't get Frostmourne, also keep in mind there are a lot of people (like me) that are geniuenly agitated because we're losing our favored style of frost. People just needs to get it into their thick skulls that things you find enjoyable others maybe don't and vice versa. While 2H could just be called the "obliterate spec" the same can be said for dual wield "the howling blast" spec. "B-but I dump my RP on frost strike too so it's super complicated!" yea, you know what the 2H users also do? Dump RP with Frost strike.

While I'm not gonna sit here and demand blizzard to put 2H back into the game I can't help but feel like just flat out removing it is sad overall. And to the people saying that we should all "just go unholy if you want to 2H lolololol", has it ever occured to you that maybe we don't like unholy?
    Last edited by mmocba2382e49d; 2015-11-12 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMurloc View Post
    While there sure are a lot of people moaning cause we didn't get Frostmourne, also keep in mind there are a lot of people (like me) that are geniuenly agitated because we're losing our favored style of frost. People just needs to get it into their thick skulls that things you find enjoyable others maybe don't and vice versa. While 2H could just be called the "obliterate spec" the same can be said for dual wield "the howling blast" spec. "B-but I dump my RP on frost strike too so it's super complicated!" yea, you know what the 2H users also do? Dump RP with Frost strike.

While I'm not gonna sit here and demand blizzard to put 2H back into the game I can't help but feel like just flat out removing it is sad overall. And to the people saying that we should all "just go unholy if you want to 2H lolololol", has it ever occured to you that maybe we don't like unholy?
    This post I can sympathize with. It sucks to lose that playstyle just like fistweaving going away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    This post I can sympathize with. It sucks to lose that playstyle just like fistweaving going away.
    Don't forget Shockadin!

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the idea of finding the pieces of Frostmourne and reforging them to fit the Death Knight. It fits the theme of DK's breaking free from Lich King's grasp; they're not just brandishing Frostmourne, instead they're using it to craft weapons that fit them better. It's pretty cool, and in a way it's still Frostmourne. Many other specs got Artifacts that we're completely made up from scratch for Legion.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't tell if the complaint is "I wanted Frostmourne!" or "I liked obliterate doing ridiculously large numbers on my screen!". I've otherwise yet to see a good reason 2H Frost should still exist.

Funny thing is, the frost playstyle in Legion will resemble the current 2H playstyle more than the current DW playstyle.

I really can't tell if the complaint is "I wanted Frostmourne!" or "I liked obliterate doing ridiculously large numbers on my screen!". I've otherwise yet to see a good reason 2H Frost should still exist.
    I personally find it more appealing. I'd rather be a plated behemoth that demolishes everything in its path than a plated wizard hitting people with cold wind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyrioN View Post
    Because it's a style of frost that has been in the game since DK's inception? Counter argument, why should DW stay? Because the "majority" likes it better? Because 2H is "clunky" and "the ez spec" compared to the raw skill that is DW (just lol)? This just comes down to preference.

Sure, are there anyone still playing 2H atm? Not really no, but is that because the gameplay of 2H is so utter stupid and boring? Hell no, it just happens to be that DW is doing more dmg right now so of course you'll see a hell of a lot more dual wielders over 2H players.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no legitimate reason why Deathknights wouldn't dual wield anyways, if they were a hero who fought with two weapons before they died and were raised then they'd continue to fight with two weapons after death.

This is all just QQ because you didn't get Frostmourne
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Pretty much this. Also, thematically for some of us a 2H Frost DK makes much more sense/is much more to our liking than a DW one.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a style of frost that has been in the game since DK's inception? Counter argument, why should DW stay? Because the "majority" likes it better? Because 2H is "clunky" and "the ez spec" compared to the raw skill that is DW (just lol)? This just comes down to preference.

Sure, are there anyone still playing 2H atm? Not really no, but is that because the gameplay of 2H is so utter stupid and boring? Hell no, it just happens to be that DW is doing more dmg right now so of course you'll see a hell of a lot more dual wielders over 2H players.
    DW frost directly interacts with all of Frost's core abilities and mechanics, from our mastery, to OBL proccing Rime into Howling Blast, frost strike dealing increasing damage based on said mastery. 2H only really ever focused on just Obliterate and occasional cleave with Howling Blast. Frost strike was pretty consistently an afterthought (mash this shit so you can obliterate again). Hell, you dont even have to manage diseases anymore outside of ensuring uptime, because they no longer contribute to Obliterate's damage. It seems more logical to design the artifact around a spec that fully engages the class, rather than a couple of buttons and a swing timer.

Its only your very uncommon opinion that DW doesnt fit the theme of the class. Explain how you came to that conclusion please.

If you want to use a 2H so badly and are so concerned/aware of the theme/fantasy of the class then play unholy, or is that not enough?

Why exactly? What are the consequences? The swords all look fucking sick or you can make it look like something else.

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrinder View Post
    Its only your very uncommon opinion that DW doesnt fit the theme of the class. Explain how you came to that conclusion please.

If you want to use a 2H so badly and are so concerned/aware of the theme/fantasy of the class then play unholy, or is that not enough?

Why exactly? What are the consequences? The swords all look fucking sick or you can make it look like something else.
    Because Arthas is frost and 2H.

Arthas only really arguably became frost when becoming the lich king. At which point he was far more than a dk. None of the specs had much presence specifically in the wc 3 dks. If anything unholy had the most influence then.

It's amazing what a lack of basic human empathy is on display in here. "If you want 2H, then play Unholy!" is the dumbest argument imaginable. Look, no one here can affect this - obviously Blizz is going forward with dual-wield Frost as the only option past 100, and Frost DKs just have to learn to live with it. But it would cost people absolutely nothing to say "That sucks - I'm happy with dual-wield, but for those who enjoyed 2H, i feel for ya!" WTF is wrong with this community? No one is trying to take away your toys, no one is demanding that dual-wield go away and 2H replace it. All anyone wanted was for 2H to stay as well, because they enjoy 2H Frost. C'mon people.

Quote Originally Posted by RockmSockm View Post
    Duel wielding was added at the end of WOTLK beta due to player request. Certain DK npcs were changed to dual wield to fit that mold. Duel wielding had zero supports, specs, or playstyles until TOC was released.

The majority of the beta testers said this was a bad idea and it would water down the class. Just like we told them three tank specs would never work.

Sadly, Blizzard finally woke up and nixed 2hand frost instead. We have now lost 4 distinct playstyles and we are left with dual wield fanbois and BLizzards giant erection for dual wield dps on every class.

The class preview looks promising and hopefully there will be petless unholy talents for those that don't like being forced into yet another damn pet class.
    wrong wrong wrong dual was part of frost from the beginning of Wrath Beta because that's when I started using it

soul stealing sword of death makes sense with frost?
    it fits unholy better.

- - - Updated - - -

arthas was unholy before lich king. only used like 1 maybe 2 frost spells as lich king. he used unholy most of the time.

ok correction he used 3 frost spells. everything else was blood or unholy stuff
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King_(tactics)
    Last edited by Traveler Voltin; 2015-11-13 at 03:32 AM.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor