Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    DW has been iconic for frost for a really long time now. 2H was just another option. Unholy has a 2h and so does blood, so you can pick those if you want to use a 2h. TG for warriors was iconic but we got DW as well so suck it up. It's not like the weapons look bad anyway.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Titan's Grip for Fury warriors is not dead. Artifact is too small, will be sized up. Holding 2 x 2H is a cool distinctive thing.
    Titan's Grip is still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    From a player standpoint? Yes. From a within-game standpoint? Hell no. The Ashbringer and the Doomhammer are symbols of vanquishing great foes in the hands of our noble allies.

Frostmourne on the other hand is a grim reminder of the man who is the reason you're the monstrosity you are today, the man who sent you to die so he could draw out Tirion, the man who has wreaked untold havoc across kingdoms, plagues lands, slain and reaped countless souls and was your greatest foe. Even if the player would be fine with that I'm sure as hell people around you would disdain you for it.

It would be like walking around with a large swastika symbol on you a few years after WW2
    To play a bit of Devil's Advocate... to some there may be no greater form of vengeance than destroying one's enemies with their own machines of war.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    To play a bit of Devil's Advocate... to some there may be no greater form of vengeance than destroying one's enemies with their own machines of war.
    At the same time, Frostmourne is the absolute worst case for that, because that's why Arthas picked it up in the first place, to 'use it against his enemy'. It's like running with scissors and saying "Don't worry, I wont trip like that last guy did" because...why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    At the same time, Frostmourne is the absolute worst case for that, because that's why Arthas picked it up in the first place, to 'use it against his enemy'. It's like running with scissors and saying "Don't worry, I wont trip like that last guy did" because...why? In this case 'tripping and stabbing yourself'='having your soul eaten away'.

It's not like I play DK too much, but I always associated Frost with dual wielding.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    Fundamentally different spec with a completely different fantasy. Also completely different from one another in Lore, if people care about that.
    And yet Frost is still the only DK spec that had Dual Wielding talents in it.

Bottom line, people who want 2H Frost just want to shunt the problem on someone else regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost was always about dual wielding. You were a huge gimp if you used a two hander in WoTLK. It fits perfectly. Unholy is the two handed spec so it makes sense that frost is going pure DW. I for one can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    It simply doesn't fit the theme of the class, and the fact that Frostmourne is being split into two separate weapons pisses me off.

Frostmourne was shattered, sure, but it was shattered into a whole helluva lore more than two pieces, let alone two pieces that you could slap hilts on and start swinging. Clearly, some amount of reforging is going on, so why couldn't we reforge them into a single weapon, just like the Frostmourne we've all been eager to wield? Is it not the PERFECT embodiment of the Class? If Paladins are wielding the Ashbringer, and Shamans the Doomhammer, then why are Death Knights given the shaft? Since all of Frostmourne's souls were expelled, would it not serve as a perfect runeblade for our goals?

Look, I'm fine with having the OPTION to dual-wield -- but not at the EXPENSE of two-handed Frost, let alone at the expense of Frostmourne itself. Instead, we get to one-handed mockeries of that weapon, which really does feel like a slap in the face.

Blizzard, if you read these boards, I urge you; please reconsider. Maintain the ability to choose between one-hand or two-hand Frost, or simply remove dual-wielding and be done with it; there are enough dual-wielding classes anyways, and nothing about dual-wielding ties even remotely into the "class fantasy" of playing a Death Knight.

And if there's any kind of concern about "too many Artifact Swords", then just replace the Unholy Artifact with something else, such as a large, powerful-looking scythe (think "The Harvester" from Darksiders).
    At least you got something. There are plenty of classes that are getting artifacts weapons that has no significance what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    At the same time, Frostmourne is the absolute worst case for that, because that's why Arthas picked it up in the first place, to 'use it against his enemy'. It's like running with scissors and saying "Don't worry, I wont trip like that last guy did" because...why?

- - - Updated - - -

At the same time, Frostmourne is the absolute worst case for that, because that's why Arthas picked it up in the first place, to 'use it against his enemy'. It's like running with scissors and saying "Don't worry, I wont trip like that last guy did" because...why? In this case 'tripping and stabbing yourself'='having your soul eaten away'.
    Well I guess you could argue that the magic of Frostmourne was lost when the blade shattered and no amount of reforging was gonna change that. So no risk of it stealing the wielder's soul.
    Last edited by zephid; 2015-11-09 at 07:21 AM.

I started to play a DK as Dual-Wielding Unholy.

I really don't see why it's an issue, frost DKs have been dual-wielding since the beginning, except for MOP when Blizzard did a mistake IMO.

Good thing we have unholy to play.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't fit the class? Really? Thassarian and Mograine wants a word. You don't get to decide what fits a class and what doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Doesn't fit the class? Really? Thassarian and Mograine wants a word. You don't get to decide what fits a class and what doesn't.
    Not to mention that Frost DKs has almost always been dual wielding.

Deleted
    I only made my DK for two-handed tanking as Frost spec, back at launch. I'm glad I didn't invest too much before I stopped playing after they flipped everything upside down. I feel for ya, man. But it might not be as bad as you think. And could've been a hell of a lot worse, and that's something we have to be grateful for with Blizzard's recent behaviour.

Please remove the garbage spec known as 2h Frost. It just doesn't work right and is boring to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    I absolutely loathe how dw frost feels and plays. It's awful imo. 2H is just a lot more satisfying to me. Unholy feels clunky as hell. Blood is a tanking spec and I'm not one for tanking. 2H frost was the only thing I enjoyed about DKs after they removed blood dps for Cata.
    I absolutely loathe how 2h Frost feels and plays. It's awful imo. DW is just a lot more satisfying to me. Unholy feels much better than frost with a 2h weapon. Blood is a tanking spec but it is also an excellent spec for soloing all sorts of things we shouldn't. UH\Blood soloing\DW frost are among some of the things I have enjoyed about DK's after they decided the tri-tree experiment failed and they felt there was a need for spec identity.

And are you personally running with 2h frost in pve?Yea,maybe swinging with small axe with DW is annoying,but if so,get a proper transmog,don't blame the spec.And as the others mentioned - if you dream of reforging the Frostmourne,I hope you are fine with the other side of coin - becoming corrupted and hated around the whole Azeroth,where everybody who sees you wants to take you down (just like it was with the Corrupted Ashbringer and the Argent Dawn).

Let's just be honest here, Blizzard wanted an excuse to do something other than give DKs three 2h weapons.

My DK isn't my main, possibly could have been my main in legion but now that i know 2h Frost will not be a thing, i probably won't play it at all.

I prefer 2h > 2x1h. everyones different.

Edit: I have a corrupted ashbringer on my warrior and full dreadnaught,(new Xmog system) i wanted to tank with it, but mostly wanted to play frost with it. I like spamming obliterates and brainlessly raping things on my dk, but playing with 1hs feels weak and lame. I also enjoy the sound of the obliterate spell (sounds like a wet noodle in a pool flopping onto the water.) Im disappointed :/

Unless they make unholy fun for me, i don't think ill touch the class other than to log on xmog my shit and log off. tbh ill probably tank a few things but thats seriously about it.
    Last edited by Vanquished; 2015-11-09 at 10:53 AM.

"I was the first, you know. For me the wheel of death has spun many times..."

Although Teron may feel a bit more Unholy than frost

Anywho, I feel like they are making frost DW in order to give the spec some personality. Lore-wise, I cannot believe you guys are complaining about this.. You are getting to wield Frostmourne! Sure, it's shattered and reforged, but you are getting to wield THE weapon that caused millions to buy this game, back from the Wc3 days.

I main a paladin. I have always had a stupid obsession with the Scarlet Crusade and that storyline and I still don't think the Ashbringer is as epic a weapon as Frostmourne. (Not that I am complaining). But c'mon guys! DW frost is the way they are going forward with the spec, accept that fact. The fact that you are allowed to wield Frostmourne as frost is a blessing!
    Last edited by Algorath; 2015-11-09 at 11:08 AM.

He just want frostmourne and become the one true "Lich King" himself i bet

Deleted
    I miss dw frost dk tanks =(