Suspended from SWTOR!

This past Saturday I reactivated my SWTOR account after not playing for about 3 years. I had to answer some security questions to reactivate my account and I set up a recurring subscription for $14.99 a month. I downloaded the game on to my current computer and I play the heck out of it this past weekend. Played all day Saturday and Sunday. Went to work on Monday and when I got home I tried to log on to continue my adventure.

I received an error message when trying to log on and for me to check my email. Sure enough I had this email waiting for me from SWTOR;

Dear Customer,

As part of our efforts to help protect the security of your account, log in access to your Star Wars: The Old Republic game and website account has been temporarily disabled. We have taken this step as we have detected suspicious activity on your account during on-going standard systems analysis. While you will still be able to view swtor.com, including the community forums, you will not be able to log in to view your account information or post on the forums. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

In order to ensure that your account is secure, we would request that, before you contact us, you complete a full scan of your computer system using an up-to-date Anti-Virus program. You can find suggestions for the commonly used programs on our Help Center here:
    http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1906

Once you have completed this system scan, to regain access to your account please contact our Customer Service team on:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186

I called the number above but the customer service rep I spoke said there was nothing he could do to help me. I was told I had to email the following address: swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com

I emailed the address last night but still have not heard back from them. I called in again this morning and spoke with another customer service rep. After being put on hold a couple of times the rep said my payment never went through and my account was suspended and could be for upwards of 72 - 96 hours.

Naturally I called my credit union this morning and they said the payment was not held up on my end and that EA/Bioware simply has not taken the funds from my account but have authorized the transaction. The authorization for them to take the money from my account expires tomorrow.

Because my account is suspended I can not log onto the game. I can not log onto my account online to cancel my subscription.

All I wanted to do was play SWTOR. I am a disgruntled WoW player and was looking to stay with SWTOR for a long run. Now I just want to cancel my subscription and never play another Bioware/EA game again.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before in SWTOR? You would think they would be grateful for every new subscriber then can get their hands on.
    Last edited by warningsigns; 2015-11-10 at 02:20 PM.

I'd call back and press the issue the people on the phone can always do more or get you to the correct person. If they passed the buck and tried to have you send an email they are really bad at their job or you didn't explain what was happening clearly. I had my account hacked during a year stretch of not playing at all and after a short call they fixed it and gave me some CC for the hassle. All I had to do was wait for them to restore everything which took about 2 hours. They did suggest I put a authentincator on my account so I download the phone app and viola, no more SWTOR issues.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear about your issues. The worst I had was with the Phone Authenticator not working properly. But as soon as I called and talked with someone they fixed it right up. Sorry to hear phone support went screwy. =(

A lot of things could contribute to the payment not going through, but I'm willing to bet they will get it fixed ASAP. Companies are pretty fast to fix issues when payment is involved. ^_^
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Call back and explain the issue more clearly, because it doesn't sound like they knew wtf they were trying to fix and were simply passing it to someone else.

Press the issue on the phone if you have to, as someone already said, they have the ability to do more and help you and they just didn't.