Deleted

Breath of Sindragosa

Hey dks. I would love to get some insight and help when it comes to Breath of Sindragosa. I am utter shit with it and when I use it I feel like Mr Bean on vacation, I know SHIT.

I hear everywhere now that "Even after buffs for NP and Defile, BoS will still beat those by miles". So im finally giving up my stubborness and giving into BoS.

Can anyone here provide me with a legit guide? Theres millions of videos on youtube saying different things so I dont know who to listen to.

- Is there a specific opener when you use BoS?

- When do I use blood charge?

- How do I maintain BoS up for as long as possible?

Thank you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justmintpal View Post
    Hey dks. I would love to get some insight and help when it comes to Breath of Sindragosa. I am utter shit with it and when I use it I feel like Mr Bean on vacation, I know SHIT.

I hear everywhere now that "Even after buffs for NP and Defile, BoS will still beat those by miles". So im finally giving up my stubborness and giving into BoS.

Can anyone here provide me with a legit guide? Theres millions of videos on youtube saying different things so I dont know who to listen to.

- Is there a specific opener when you use BoS?

- When do I use blood charge?

- How do I maintain BoS up for as long as possible?

Thank you!
    there is a specific opener I saw. would need to google it, so give me a few but basically its FSx2 SS FSx2 and you should be at 80 or 90 RP at the start. Something like that. Here is a tip someone gave me yesterday on a different thread-

Dreadlord Join DateJun 2013Posts824
    Would argue that BoS simply takes quite a bit of practice until you can pull it off smoothly, especially on subsequent casts in the middle of an encounter.

Especially since you still want to use your runes as efficiently as possible which means you want to use SS as much as possible and only use FeS if absolutely necessary to either get more gcds into BoS or you have only B/F runes available.
    Arcane torrent is definitely a huge boost for BoS since extra resource gains snowball into even more uptime.

Sudden doom procs is something you also only want to use if it doesn't lose you uptime, since 1 tick of BoS is vastly stronger than one DC and DC also has lower dpe than both SS and FeS, so its only a gcd filler if you have nothing else or it doesn't impact your BoS uptime negatively which takes a bit of foresight. Same with PL, you want it during BoS but you have to time it right, so it doesn't suddenly drop off, filling such "empty gcds" is something arcane torrent is incredibly practical for.

Spamming FeS during BoS is like shooting yourself in the legs while doing a marathon. Dps wise as the damage per rune difference between FeS and SS is huge enough to bite of a huge chunk of the dps gain BoS can be and you don't have the resources to spam it anyway, which means you run into empty gcds and didn't even achieve a single BoS tick more over just spamming down SS as long as possible. So in the end you would just fight the damage you lost via bad runeusage with BoS back but you don't get one inch forward with it.

If breath still feels awkward and clunky you aren't used to it yet and are probably doing mistakes which is a matter of practice and experimentation as you need to learn how to pool as smoothly as possible going into BoS while having enough resources to push the buttons down for awhile so you can maintain it as long as possible and also find the occasions to ams soak as much as possible, as efficiently ass possible and try to follow your normal priority as it wields the highest dps without brutally effecting BoS as you can only use so many resource during it anyway.

Would also argue that council isn't necessarily the bets comparison depending on the situation, as you can get huge amounts of damage from mirro images with NP if they just live long enough while BoS can hit 2 targets at best and with that its dependent on strategy and kill speed how much better or worse BoS is on council than NP.

And if you just say its nothing for you from a playstyle perspective or simply don't want to invest the time it needs to be learned then I would honestly go for frost if you still want to optimize in some way. NP will absolutely get forced out by increasing raid power in the long run and frost dw has much more potential than defile unholy or a weakened NP spec and it will, if you game your resources properly and are not entirely fucked by rng, beat a halfassed BoS unholy by a good amount.
    Unholy simply lacks the ST punch without BoS and NP needs to go along way to get that in again. If you are in the position to truly play NP out it will beat frost into a pulp but the possibility alone exists for only like half of the HFC bosses, so its overall a question of what you really want to do.

I'm personally quite interested in how frost dw will do from now on, no BoS buff is kind fo a sucker punch for unholy in combination with vial staying BiS as those things quite drag down the ilvl boost and power gain from the buffs, especially with faster kill times, while frost can fully benefit from the item upgrades and the class buffs in any situation (while benefitting less form secondary stats than unholy).
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    UH will stay ahead of frost on single target in pretty much every fight regardless of what you choose as a talent in that tier. Even in full BIS gear the il diff from 1 trinket will make no difference. UH with NP will beat frost on a single target fight every time. UH scales better at higher il so it's not going to fall behind frost especailly once you're above 720il which almost everyone will be after valor upgrades. Il vs Il UH wins with any level 100 tier talent. Sorry DK's