Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Wonder if the PvP Talents will be active while out in the world or just in instanced PvP or just when flagged for pvp, will make for some interesting keybindings.

So they require you to grind an honour level to unlock talents? What is the point of killing PvP gear to "even the playing field" if you need to grind PvP anyway to unlock talents to stand a chance?

Come in late to PvP and you're boned.

Most classes seem to be getting almost entirely new things or things that were removed in previous expansions. Look like they are just taking things from current Resto Shaman and making you choose half of them and get none of them for PVE. Gee thanks, sounds fun.
    Hi Sephurik

Protection Paladin - Charge of the Crusader: https://youtu.be/aBvwOdi8UJA

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

If there's no PvP gear, does everyone's equipped PvE gear stats get used? Or is it blanked and made into a default.. What about Enchants/ProfStuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Most classes seem to be getting almost entirely new things or things that were removed in previous expansions. Look like they are just taking things from current Resto Shaman and making you choose half of them and get none of them for PVE. Gee thanks, sounds fun.
    Noticed this too...this sort of thing happened for a lot of the classes, but resto seems to have gotten some of the worst of it. Apparently their earlier comments about how they were 'happy' with the spec meant that they were happy to gut its utility and allow us to talent for half of it back in PvP only. So far I'm not a huge fan of this new world of "independent balancing for PvE and PvP" and "distinct spec identity".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh no, because you get to pick the medallion as any other race. You compare those racials to adaptation or relentless. I don't know, AoE stun or AoE interrupt sounds better to me, or a partial medallion effect.
    You have got to be kidding. If you think a tiny silence/stun on a 2 min CD is even remotely in the same ballpark as having every single CC on you reduced by 25%, you have literally never PvP'd a day in your life..

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    If there's no PvP gear, does everyone's equipped PvE gear stats get used? Or is it blanked and made into a default.. What about Enchants/ProfStuff?
    Wait, there's no PvP gear anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakali View Post
    Wait, there's no PvP gear anymore?
    There's gear you can earn from PvP, but there's nothing PvP-specific about it (no set bonuses or other special effects to make it better than PvE gear of equivalent level).

Deleted
    So racials still being relevant results in Panda, worgen and goblins still being shit. Why the fuck do I still have to pay gold to activate my racial ability (panda). So many unwarranted changes (and pruning, fucking pruning everywhere) and I thought enhancement burst was decent enough, now I see bloodlust being usable for 10 seconds in pvp?
    Monks are mobile as ever but I do not freaking associate (shaolin) monks with people who run away like bitches in fights, no they take their god damn lumps when needed to. Monk haters can rejoice now on how fucking squishy we're going to be and with no karma bonus either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There are class talents and pvp talents. Class talents are used any time you use your class. PvP talents are used in PvP only.
    It's sad, how many times you've had to repeat this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm generally hyped about some of the PvP talents I've seen. They seem to influence the class' playstyles pretty heftily.

With that said, I'm terrified of some of the talents I've seen as well. WW monk getting a second charge on flying serpent kick? Or a 10 yard dash on Tiger Palm and 50% slow for 2 sec (Tiger Palm replaces Jab next expansion for WW monnks). I mean, that last one isn't even that bad because it might actually fix the glaring issue WW monks were having with using their roll/FSK and STILL not be able to hit the target.

But then there's DK auras that increases the CDs of your abilities by 30% when near the DK. Or the one that deals 2% of your hp when near the DK for 5 seconds, STACKING UP TO 20% every 2 seconds.

Warlocks as well with their curses. 30% increased spell cast on enemy for 10 seconds, 15 sec CD. 25% reduced phys dmg done for 10 seconds, 20 sec cd and the last one reduces >max hp< by 20% for 10 seconds, 45 sec cd.

I can see blood DKs being disgustingly viable in Legion with the aura that deals 2% hp every 2 sec, stacking up to 20% hp every 2 sec dealt since they get double death grip and basically can't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I can see blood DKs being disgustingly viable in Legion with the aura that deals 2% hp every 2 sec, stacking up to 20% hp every 2 sec dealt since they get double death grip and basically can't die.
    I had this thought too, and thought about how fun that could be as the blood DK...which probably translates to a lack of fun for everyone else, so I doubt it will make it to live.

I imagine auras are temp cooldowns, similar to old paladin auras
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I imagine auras are temp cooldowns, similar to old paladin auras
    The trend so far with Legion seems to be one of making aura-type abilities always-on and just restricting their range to about 8-10 yards (which realistically isn't difficult for opponents to step out of in most cases even with double-deathgrip), but perhaps something like adding CD's might still be necessary to balance out some of these DK affects if they are to stay.
    Last edited by twrule; 2015-11-23 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    Decomposing Aura... I'm having a hard time to understand it... how would it stack 10 times if it only lasts 5 seconds? I feel stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Decomposing Aura... I'm having a hard time to understand it... how would it stack 10 times if it only lasts 5 seconds? I feel stupid.
    I assume the aura applies a debuff to enemies in range every 2 seconds which lasts 5 seconds and is refreshed (with an additional stack accruing) on every application so long as those enemies stay within range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twrule View Post
    I assume the aura applies a debuff to enemies in range every 2 seconds which lasts 5 seconds and is refreshed (with an additional stack accruing) on every application so long as those enemies stay within range.
    Oh my god, thank you, finally I understand! I feel even more stupid now xD <3

Now if only they would add the Paladin Shield of Virtue talent back to PvE....