Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Little question Mythic Archimonde

Hi guys,

With our actual gear ( average raid 732 ) shoud we keep Heroism/BL for p3 or can we use it directly in p1 for less doomfire etc... ?

i hope you could help me

Many thanks

Hi, that depends on your dps, you can try it out with 3 healer and push through phase one if you can manage it thats nice, but dont forget that the last phase is alot easier with BL

Deleted
    It really depends on your raid comp and raid dps, P1 and P2 will become a joke if you BL/Hero in p1, however P3 will be the longest part of the fight, so there is a lot of personal responsibility. I would say start with hero/BL at start, get to p3 and practice it, if guild find it too hard, save it for p3 and practice p1 and p2. We managed to do it with your gear, however it was on farm and we were 2 healing it, and it was a very high risk tactic.

Deleted
    Is it possible to have only 2 doomfire withouth Bl in p1/2 ?

And for our first try we will begin with a standard raid comp (2/4/14).

Deleted
    Right now, for progression I'd use hero on pull so you can see p3 more times (p3 is where you have new mechanics to be learn for everyone on the raid), but for the first kill you will probably need hero for p3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkein View Post

And for our first try we will begin with a standard raid comp (2/4/14).
    2 doomfires is definitely possible, you should however note down the order of the abilities since it will differ quite a bit depending on when push him to 85%.

For us it was doomfire -> Desecrate -> shadowfelburst -> doomfire -> desecrate -> third phase
    at the beginning you should also try to keep as many people as possible on archi and only have the required number of people switch to adds, i.e. first doomfire half of you dps on it should be plenty, and fist hellcaller will only be cleaved down passively. Tank then has to get the desecrate buff to survive the debuff later on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    2 doomfires is definitely possible, you should however note down the order of the abilities since it will differ quite a bit depending on when push him to 85%.

For us it was doomfire -> Desecrate -> shadowfelburst -> doomfire -> desecrate -> third phase
    Is there a right timing to push the boss to 85%, i know it will only change the order of the ability but maybe a specific order is easier than the other

Deleted
    Is there a right timing to push the boss to 85%, i know it will only change the order of the ability but maybe a specific order is easier than the other
    if you want to push the boss before third doomfire you cannot wait for any specific timing. You just burst as much as you can and handle the abilities as they come for your dps.

As long as you push him into <85% fast enough there should not be any weird overlaps with the abilities.

Deleted
    If you hero on pull, you should not wait for shadowfel burst before pushing, instead just push hard and leave the phase as soon as possible. Then you will only have 1 doomfire if you have good dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure its possible for some guilds, but as someone who killed it last week I can tell you that we could not do it so I'd imagine other guilds progressing now will likely not be able to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    Right now, for progression I'd use hero on pull so you can see p3 more times (p3 is where you have new mechanics to be learn for everyone on the raid), but for the first kill you will probably need hero for p3
    I agree that you'll very likely want P3 hero to get your first kill. I'm not sure that you should use it in P1 now to try and get more practice in P3. If you do that the timings in P1 are going to be different, as are the healing requirements in P2 since you'll have more doomfires and you'll end up having to relearn that stuff again. The best way to learn this fight is step by step because there's little RNG to it, so just get to working on P1, then progress into P2 and finally P3. P3 does have all the new stuff compared to most of the rest of the fight so I understand the temptation to practice that more but I don't know that its worth having to learn P1/P2 a couple times.

Deleted
    Seeing that p1/p2 took us 5x the pulls of p3 (90% of p1/p2 wipes were because either soakers would die, or a tank would die because of healers focused on soakers, or a chain would die because healers were busy with soakers/tanks) I would use BL on pull if I were to start all over again. BL in p3 is nice, but is not that big deal, because of the amount of movement and all the target switching. But being able to BL on pull and get only 2 DF would have save us a hundred of pulls on p1/p2, and cost use a dozen more in P3

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Seeing that p1/p2 took us 5x the pulls of p3 (90% of p1/p2 wipes were because either soakers would die, or a tank would die because of healers focused on soakers, or a chain would die because healers were busy with soakers/tanks) I would use BL on pull if I were to start all over again. BL in p3 is nice, but is not that big deal, because of the amount of movement and all the target switching. But being able to BL on pull and get only 2 DF would have save us a hundred of pulls on p1/p2, and cost use a dozen more in P3
    I would agree with this since 6.2.3

Hero on pull will be much more engaging for your dps over the many pulls you'll need to kill him. Nobody likes holding DPS at 86%, especially after a raid wide +10 ilvls and many dps getting a new BIS trinket that gives them 10% dmg vs Demons. Phase 3 hero is a nice to have thing but no longer required to make the dps check. We got our first kill last night and the boss died before the 5th wave of infernals.

Between personal DPS cooldowns, Second potion, and 2 ring uses... you have lots of Oomph for infernal waves. A well timed ring explosion can pretty much one shot infernals/sources.

Our only hurdle in phase 3 outside of derpy dance deaths was sorting out ensuring infernals got separated correctly so there was no healing. We never had any 1-5% wipes where we thought, "shit if we had hero..." It was always a few dps deaths from mechanics, or a wall wipe at ~20% on infernal wave 3 or 4 because they were not split correctly.

We had zero problem with lusting in phase 1 with 4 healers.

It depends of your dps if you can pass the 2nd doomfire, but that was not an issue at all this week.

Honestly P3 is the easy phase of this boss, don't bother too much about bloodlust.

And I'm not talking about a long time ago our kill was last night.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2015-11-25 at 09:48 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    First of all, thanks for all these answers

We have tried without lust in p1 and the raid dps is a bit low to have only 2 doomfire so tonight we will try p1 with bl. After checking logs from guild which killed archimonde recently, i have seen plenty of them using bl in p1 and their p3 are not so much longer than the guilds using bl in p3.

Let's try

ps : sry for my english

Deleted
    We do it strangely enough due to how we position him... we move him to the left, so first desecrate is on the top left, then next on top right and then next one is below the top left one and we get it consistently.

However that means we also need to not push the boss on pull so we manage with 3 doomfires and we do it with a healer, and 2 hunters just fine. Each time they soak a healer attends to each hunter and so on. On pull we have to split ring explotion with add and hold damage for 5-10 seconds or to get doomfire>allure>burst>desecrate.

Also we don't really use heroism in P3 so much to kill the boss we used it I think around 20 seconds before the third infernals so we had it up for them during a period of calm so that we had rings, some people saving cooldowns and BL for every challenging moment.

Deleted
    Use it in phase 1. The boss melts so fast in the last phase. With bloodlust you will get 1 doomfire and thus making phase 2 a joke.

That leaves back phase 3 which should take 10-15 pulls to learn and execute.
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2015-11-27 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Use it in phase 1. The boss melts so fast in the last phase. With bloodlust you will get 1 doomfire and thus making phase 2 a joke.

That leaves back phase 3 which should take 10-15 pulls to learn and execute.
    I don't think a guild progressing on him is getting 1 doomfire in P1, even with lust - though I haven't seen the fight with the 2nd week of upgrades done that still seems unlikely during progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we're currently on Mythic Archimonde and I just don't see 1 doomfire happening, 2 is what we get.

Maybe if we would bring specific specs to do that we would be able to pull it out, like all the single target stars and such, but we are not doing that really.

Deleted
    We manage it to get only one doom fire spirit in p1 with bloodlust, but our warlocks go affliction for it and our mage plays arcane, so it will be more difficult for us to handle the infernals in p3.
    Not everybody had their gear fully upgraded on wednesday, when we discovered that our p1 dps was enough to have only one spirit, so it might become easier on sunday, our next raid evening, when everybody has had the time to upgrade his gear.
    We are going three healers to meet the dps requirements.

P3 will be the hardest phase for us, as we dont have bloodlust and destro warlocks then, but four hunter and three boomkins might be able to compensate for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzar View Post

P3 will be the hardest phase for us, as we dont have bloodlust and destro warlocks then, but four hunter and three boomkins might be able to compensate for that.
    You'll only get 1 wave of 4 probably, just use ring/2nd pots/CDs on it and faceroll them.