Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Colossal Prune Confirmed

Fury and many other specs have around 15 abilities even when taking talents.

Guess Legion had to have a massive flaw.

WoW console here we go!

Last edited by High Marshal Sigismund; 2015-12-03 at 02:45 PM.

It's actually awesome. Don't need so many buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's actually awesome. Don't need so many buttons.
    Yeah so awesome having half your spellbook gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Yeah so awesome having half your spellbook gutted.
    Less is more imo. I'd rather fewer but more fun abilities than just flooding your actions bars with "stuff to hit".

I look at games like Heroes of the Storm and each character has 3-4 buttons and 1 ultimate with optional ones through talents. And they are all fun and there's a huge skill cap just with those.

More buttons doesn't really mean quality buttons.

10+ Year Old Account

I came here expecting this.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Less is more imo. I'd rather fewer but more fun abilities than just flooding your actions bars with "stuff to hit".

I look at games like Heroes of the Storm and each character has 3-4 buttons and 1 ultimate with optional ones through talents. And they are all fun and there's a huge skill cap just with those.

More buttons doesn't really mean quality buttons.
    This post is a joke in so many ways. MMOs are not MOBAs. Completely different genre.

Quality over Quantity any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    Quality over Quantity any day.
    Maybe, I'm not against pruning in general but will this be too much?

This post is a joke in so many ways. MMOs are not MOBAs. Completely different genre.
    MRW OP clearly doesn't understand that a lot of abilities isn't automatically good for the game: yourprofilepicture.jpg
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Doesn't mean comparisons can't be drawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post

I came here expecting this.
    Would've been a better thread.

15 active abilities is plenty. Having so many buttons to push is too many. Frankly, I think 10-12 rotational abilities, including cooldowns, is the sweet spot. So many abilities are redundant. The game has gotten so out of control to the point that add-ons are practically mandatory just to track your buffs, CD's, abilites, etc. We even need add-ons to tell us to move out of the fire because we have to stare at the UI so intently to manage our 20+ abilities that we don't have time to actually look at our toon.

I'm just hoping that with the separation of PvP and PvE that we will actually see a return of cool, meaningful abilities, and a move away from the "every dps spell is a dot" crap that has plagued the game since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    MRW OP clearly doesn't understand that a lot of abilities isn't automatically good for the game: yourprofilepicture.jpg
    Do you even have an argument or just came to shitpost?

myprofilepicture.jpg

I like it. Do you just look for stuff to complain about?

I really like Assassination on live.

Mutilate, Rupture, Envenom = 3 primary abilities

Vendetta = 1 ult/CD

Situational buttons = Dispatch (proc/execute), FoK/CT for AOE, Garrote

That's 7.

Then a bunch of utility. Vanish, Prep, Evasion, Blind, Feint, Smoke Bomb, Sprint, Stealth, Distract, Sap

That's 18.

Then some cool side bar / flavor abilities like Poisons, Pick Lock, Pick Pocket

So overall 20ish buttons, I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. But you only have 7 combat buttons, only 3 of which are primarily used... and they are complimented with a ton of utility.

And despite what a lot of people like to say, there's a skill cap even with just the 3 main abilities: Rupture, Envenom and Mutilate. It's about maintaining maximum uptime on Envenom, making sure you keep a 5pt Rupture up by watching your CPs (helped with Anticipation) and Rupture's time remaining, and reacting to Dispatch procs.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2015-12-03 at 04:22 AM.

Maybe, I'm not against pruning in general but will this be too much?
    Depends on what all is getting cut, i know Ret Paladins are losing Seals and Hammer of Wrath, two things that only served to hold the class back if anything (Seals were completely fire and forget, and HoW prevented the class from having meaningful damage outside of CD's). Warriors are losing Battle Shout (though all the traditional buffs are being removed), will still have Commanding which just replaces Rallying Cry (least from data mining, forget which specs keep it)

All in all, if it's a ton of minor abilities that were only used because it was tied to other more important things (think Bloodthirst, only used cause it procs Enrage and RB use otherwise completely useless in terms of damage)then it's kinda hard to see where all they could mess up granted there's still a chance for them to, but i find it hard based on what i've seen from the live stream (Fury actually looks like a ton of fun compared to now which just angers me when i play it and get a chain of 7 non-crits at 75% CC.)

non-magical classes with less spells, i'm ok with.

mages and warlocks should have a lot of spells though, flavor spells, damage spells, spells that do random things. these people study for power and to do things with their magic. hell, i'd like an ability just have a channel spell, that just idly channels for no reason other than to channel for rp reasons.

Like I personally don't mind stuff like stances and presences being removed. Stances haven't been relevant or skillful for a long time.

It's the active abilities that require an eye to be kept on. Do classes really have so much garbage in Warlords that you can strip 40-50% of it in Legion?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to the artifact / legendary item / talent-related effects that will make active buttons more interesting.

What kind of buttons do you want?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Like I personally don't mind stuff like stances and presences being removed. Stances haven't been relevant or skillful for a long time.

It's the active abilities that require an eye to be kept on. Do classes really have so much garbage in Warlords that you can strip 40-50% of it in Legion?
    Enhancement Shamans... I hope they remove 70% of their stuff honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the continual flavour-sucking of the game marches on.

There space for 84 individual abilities/items on WoWs hud, in Legion you'll be lucky fill up a quarter of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.