Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9173132288/h8D6BC568/[/MG]
    I don't get the reason why she's so popular. Both her and Starlight are basically just Trixie. Can't say I've liked either Sunset or Starlight as they seem redundant. As for Sunset I wait for her to be canon, but until she's in an actual episode, or the actual show links to the human world, she's not considered canon in my book.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I don't get the reason why she's so popular. Both her and Starlight are basically just Trixie. Can't say I've liked either Sunset or Starlight as they seem redundant. As for Sunset I wait for her to be canon, but until she's in an actual episode, or the actual show links to the human world, she's not considered canon in my book.
    It won't. They know better. They've gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to contradict it in the main show. Meaning, they did all kinds of extra work to contradict it when it would've been easier to just leave passive references in (I can provide a list if requested). There is no human world, and Sunset isn't canon. Her story made no sense whatsoever anyway, she was a cardboard stereotype. I don't want her to be canon. I also don't understand why she was popular, as I said she was a cardboard stereotype. Starlight is basically the canon version of her, done MUCH better. I like Starlight as a character, but she isn't my favorite.

The only good thing about EG is that it acted as a filter for bad ideas, and kept them out of the series. It did its job very well in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    It won't. They know better. They've gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to contradict it in the main show. Meaning, they did all kinds of extra work to contradict it when it would've been easier to just leave passive references in (I can provide a list if requested). There is no human world, and Sunset isn't canon. Her story made no sense whatsoever anyway, she was a cardboard stereotype. I don't want her to be canon. I also don't understand why she was popular, as I said she was a cardboard stereotype. Starlight is basically the canon version of her, done MUCH better. I like Starlight as a character, but she isn't my favorite.

The only good thing about EG is that it acted as a filter for bad ideas, and kept them out of the series. It did its job very well in that regard.
    I can't even like Sunset as a character as, again, she's just another Trixie and the first time they show her she's just the jealous first student that gets powers (through bullshit deus ex machina) and must be defeated. After that, at least to me, she doesn't stand out enough.

Then again I haven't fully seen the 2nd movie and nothing of the others. I am not a fan of the concept of EQG.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't even like Sunset as a character as, again, she's just another Trixie and the first time they show her she's just the jealous first student that gets powers (through bullshit deus ex machina) and must be defeated. After that, at least to me, she doesn't stand out enough.

Then again I haven't fully seen the 2nd movie and nothing of the others. I am not a fan of the concept of EQG.
    Yeah. I'm either. It's not related to FIM at all. They wanted something to compete with that Monster High show, and it is *literally* riding on the name to try to get the brony fandom in on it. This is an *awful* trope. I've never seen anything that fits into this trope that's worth watching. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HighSchoolAU

You know another terrible movie that fits into that trope? Dragonball Evolution. Ugh. Yes, that's the kind of stuff you get.

Yeah. I'm either. It's not related to FIM at all. They wanted something to compete with that Monster High show, and it is *literally* riding on the name to try to get the brony fandom in on it. This is an *awful* trope. I've never seen anything that fits into this trope that's worth watching. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HighSchoolAU

You know another terrible movie that fits into that trope? Dragonball Evolution. Ugh. Yes, that's the kind of stuff you get.
    Yeah, the school stuff is pretty played out, especially the high school stuff. I mean I get the girls or others may like it, but for me it is pretty bog standard when it comes to stories.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://i.chzbgr.com/full/6307379200/h928AF917/[/IG]
    I don't know why people underestimate fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people underestimate fire.
    I don't understand, but I don't mind. It helps (if only a little) clean the gene pool of idiots.

I don't understand, but I don't mind. It helps (if only a little) clean the gene pool of idiots.
    Nah, those medical enhancements over the century keep them alive and breeding.

When I try to control my procrastination habits by blocking my favorite websites but just find ways around it.

Putting in controls yourself to stop yourself from doing things you want to do is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When I try to control my procrastination habits by blocking my favorite websites but just find ways around it.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/n1dZCaQ.png?1[/IG]

Putting in controls yourself to stop yourself from doing things you want to do is hard.
    You should put a rat trap on the keyboard so you don't touch it.

- - - Updated - - -

And I might need to have a catheter put in. Goodie for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

I just don't procrastinate. It's one of those inertia things. Once you start it's hard to stop again. Having stuff i need to do undone just bugs me. So I do stuff and get it out of the way. I used to procrastinate long ago, but I learned it just makes the stuff you have to do harder and take longer.

First real sleep in a week, unfortunately I was woke up by a damn charlie horse.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually sleep 9-10 hours on work nights. On days off I just get up whenever and sometimes take a nap during the day.

I actually sleep 9-10 hours on work nights. On days off I just get up whenever and sometimes take a nap during the day.
    My sleep has been terrible the last week thanks to my surgery, so today was like a miracle, especially since I've had to sleep in a recliner this past week and probably will for another week or so I bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't be more true, although I don't think Thundercats Roar is going to be terrible, as we've already had enough terrible shit from Teen Titans GO! and Go's influence seems to have waned by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    ROFL, that's good. I don't really have any stake in the Thundercats thing because I'm not a fan, but I do feel for the fans. That Roar thing is absolute literal garbage.

As I've said before. Go back in time to 1988. Tell 15 year old me (who had to deal with his sister watching G1), that 30 years later, MLP would be the adult show holding the line against a wave of incoming trash. And I would've probably said you were high.

ROFL, that's good. I don't really have any stake in the Thundercats thing because I'm not a fan, but I do feel for the fans. That Roar thing is absolute literal garbage.

As I've said before. Go back in time to 1988. Tell 15 year old me (who had to deal with his sister watching G1), that 30 years later, MLP would be the adult show holding the line against a wave of incoming trash. And I would've probably said you were high.

[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZTM3MmU5OGYtMWFkNC00YjY5LWJhZmUtOWFlMDkwZjc3NDI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_.jpg[/IG]
    Based on what little of Roar I've seen, the initial advertisements and stuff like that, I don't have any real expectations for Roar and at the very least it can't be worse than Go!, Powerpuff Girls (2016), and the new Ben 10.

Honestly it looks like they are using OKKO's art style, but what substance the show will have who knows for certain until it is revealed. CN has been recovering from Go! lately so maybe this isn't the garbage people are expecting.

As for MLP I'm sure no one saw that coming, and as for the pic from the movie the movie wasn't great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Based on what little of Roar I've seen, the initial advertisements and stuff like that, I don't have any real expectations for Roar and at the very least it can't be worse than Go!, Powerpuff Girls (2016), and the new Ben 10.

Honestly it looks like they are using OKKO's art style, but what substance the show will have who knows for certain until it is revealed. CN has been recovering from Go! lately so maybe this isn't the garbage people are expecting.

As for MLP I'm sure no one saw that coming, and as for the pic from the movie the movie wasn't great.
    I dunno, I loved the movie. Was it perfect? No, there are a few things I thought could've been done a bit better. But I enjoyed it a great deal and I still thought it was easily 8.5-9/10. First time in years I went to a theater, and I immediately got the DVD as soon as it was available.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-06-10 at 06:48 PM.

I dunno, I loved the movie. Was it perfect? No, there are a few things I thought could've been done a bit better. But I enjoyed it a great deal and I still thought it was easily 8.5-9/10. First time in years I went to a theater, and I immediately got the DVD as soon as it was available.
    I didn't see it in theaters, as I didn't feel like being put on a list somewhere by the government for sex offenders, but I did get the special edition DVD, it came with a MLP thermos.

-To me most of the introduced characters didn't do anything and were just not needed. You can tell they were added solely for toys (seaponies). Grubba probably is the most annoying character. The cat was even more pointless since it seemed like he play a bigger part, but really didn't.
    -The villain was completely forgettable and did about nothing. Tempest really should have been the villain with her having the sole purpose of finding a way of getting her horn back, rather than going through the cliche "someone promised and then betrayed" thing.
    -Twilight's moment towards the end going against her character.
    -That deus ex machina at the end where everyone somehow got back to save the day.
    -This one moment pisses me off the most. Twilight gets captured and she sees everyone she knows captured, but the only real moment of sadness we get is when she looks at the singer that came. I'm like "You just literally saw your best friend's sisters in cages, but what really gets you is the celebrity being captured?!"
    -The story felt like it wasn't being focused on with how many characters and celebrities were shoved in. The main characters weren't paid much attention to and it seemed like the whole movie was about getting to the next toy you can buy rather than focusing on the story or characters.

The movie is by no means terrible. It's competent and you get a few chuckles from it, but man it was obvious that characters were made solely for toys (even more blatant than Transformers movies) and that is the movie's biggest flaw and with the movies lack of focus or character development it is pretty much stuck being average, but we know they could have done far better.

As a fan I'd give like a 6/10, but the reviewer in me can only really give it a 5/10. If someone wasn't a fan who knows for certain.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing like finding that 3 pack of condoms I bought years ago and learning they expired last month. People actually thought I'd use them. That's a wasted $3.

The FF14 x Monster hunter crossover was funny.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?