I've always liked this line, this is what those Funko MLP NFTs should be. (I hate the back half of this sentence and the 1.7% chance of getting a Funko is also something I hate.)

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Alright, got yet another job. So that's two jobs I have technically as the first that hired me in March I never started my first day yet, and the last time I heard from them was a month ago.

Problem is this new job doesn't start until schools open in August in about 6 weeks, and I have to stretch out the last $200 I have until my first paycheck. Glad I have a ton of food stocked. Like 10 pounds of noodles, 13 boxes of cereal, 40 pounds of chicken, 15 pounds of rice, and more.

The good thing is that after 90 days if the school wants me I'll get stupid good benefits and may pay will likely jump.

Watched G5's Tell Your Tale. The most surprising thing about it is why they chose these 5 minute episodes instead of full ones, as you could easily turn many of them into 22 minutes. The one thing I will say is they seem to be playing a bit too much with pony vernacular (hoof instead of hand, etc) and they seem to be inserting pony versions into things that aren't necessary and I'm sure weren't said like that in G4.

The character designs are fine, and could still be better, but the energy of the animation is what I want from something like this and what I'd like more of in the CG show.

Potential spoiler with the next comic. It would be great to have more consistent content to push this kind of stuff.

More G5 coming

Thunderbird Entertainment has confirmed a full pipeline for all of the G5 content they are working on with Atomic Cartoons. We now have a complete picture confirmed for our upcoming 3D pony offerings, assuming Hasbro doesn't have anything in the works with another company. A slide Thunderbird posted up as part of an overall business presentation lists four 44 minute specials, and 23 regular episodes. With the upcoming "Make Your Mark Chapter 2" on Neflix including 8 of those, it may be a chapter following those, or something else entirely.
    Hopefully they show improvement from the first episode.

- - - Updated - - -

And two weeks into my new job I'm glad I have another job lined up. This current one was definitely not ready for someone with my experience. They find it hard to believe I work and get done in an efficient manner that shows up even my boss.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Promotional images for Make Your Mark.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/...make-your.html
    At the very least some of those shots do seem like the characters aren't as stiff and might move around a bit more.

Promotional images for Make Your Mark.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/...make-your.html
    Hoping for the best as always!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

What does it mean if I don't really remember seeing much controversy over Twilicorn back when it happened?

Then again, I didn't go on that many forums back then.

What does it mean if I don't really remember seeing much controversy over Twilicorn back when it happened?

Then again, I didn't go on that many forums back then.
    It was a fairly big thing, but for the most part, at least here, it was glossed over. I personally thought Twilight becoming an alicorn was too much and the writers being tasked for a new toy didn't help things. It's well known they had no idea what that spell she was performing even did and just had to come up with something to make her an alicorn.

Big spoiler for Make Your Mark Part 2

Twilight is seen as a hologram talking to one of the new characters.

Based off the trailer the characters are moving a bit better, but some smaller parts definitely have an animotronic vibe to them, and the lack of facial expressions from moving to 3D makes it feel less exciting, but we'll see when it comes out.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2022-09-14 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Big spoiler for Make Your Mark Part 2

Twilight is seen as a hologram talking to one of the new characters.

Based off the trailer the characters are moving a bit better, but some smaller parts definitely have an animotronic vibe to them, and the lack of facial expressions from moving to 3D makes it feel less exciting, but we'll see when it comes out.
    Yeah I'm still iffy on the animation. I'll get to the other significant cameo in the comics at some point but as per before tend to buy those in bundles.

Even if I wind up barely watching the new stuff I'll still be happy that it coming out at all seems to be helping keep that fandom spark going. I could thrive on that alone.

https://twitter.com/RatedRShimmer/st...40667622457347

Other than that, current comfort show is Bee and Puppycat that just came out on Netflix, and binged all of Dogs in Space S2 which as usual really knocked it out of the park the last few episodes.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2022-09-17 at 04:36 PM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Other than that, current comfort show is Bee and Puppycat that just came out on Netflix, and binged all of Dogs in Space S2 which as usual really knocked it out of the park the last few episodes.
    I'll have to catch up with various Netflix releases when I get it again (got rid of it to save money before I got these jobs.) I look forward to watching My Uncle from Another World, an anime which can only be described as reverse-reverse isekai, where a man wakes up from a coma and turns out he really was in another world during that time and now he can use magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dropped Netflix mostly for the price compared to rarely using it, but Eden's Zero season 2 is coming, so I'll probably pick it back up eventually.

Watched Make Your Mark Chapter 2

The animation definitely improved, there's a lot less robotic feeling, though it appears occasionally, and there were some more animated moments when Pip was on screen and being a bit dramatic. It definitely shows growth , though it still has room for improvement.

Out of the 8 episodes none of them truly stood out, but we see more villain involvement here than in G4, though it's very much a Saturday morning cartoon vibe as the villain sends their minion to try and stop/get various things to further her plans. The minion has an interesting character flaw, and something they haven't taken advantage of before. You sympathize with her and see why she'd be working with the villain, though it's obvious where they are going with the character.

We get some exposition about why Equestria is the way it is. In a way it brings up more questions about alicorns and how they come about, at least if you think about it, but at least we know the why of magic being gone, and that even Twilight seemed to hypothesize the earth ponies acquiring their own magic.

All in all there's definite improvement. The writing is still not as great as G4, especially when they force pony versions of certain word for no reason, like saying "ponycorn" for popcorn, and one episode definitely forced a completely different moral in it than it should have had, but it seems like they learned from Chapter 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Watched Make Your Mark Chapter 2
    I've watched some of it too, though I admit to skipping around a bit. I can definitely see why of the two, Misty is the immediate fan-favorite of the villains. Though to call this adorkable, obviously-to-be-redeemed socially anxious bean a villain is stretching it.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2022-10-02 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I've watched some of it too, though I admit to skipping around a bit. I can definitely see why of the two, Misty is the immediate fan-favorite of the villains. Though to call this adorkable, obviously-to-be-redeemed socially anxious bean a villain is stretching it.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Kw5HBY5.png[/MG]
    I called Misty the minion and you can definitely see the redeeming happening from a mile away, and likely is that 6th cutie mark we saw long ago.

That picture is on point.

Actually finished Make Your Mark part 2 after skipping around, and after giving it another shot I'm warming up to it. Some parts were "eyeroll at the really predictable kids show tropes", but some parts were believable character dynamic moments that made me go "now that's what I'm talking about! More of this please!" Like I did enjoy Zip and Pip's portrait day episode.

I feel like if they continue to smooth out the animation, which is definitely looking a lot better in part 2 than 1, and lean into their strengths in the writing without relying too heavily on G4's history, it'll be in a good place. The movie showed what they were capable of and it will continue to mark my hopeful expectations for the future.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2022-10-05 at 03:35 PM.