Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Any news on Legacy achievements?

They kinda fucked up Feats of Strengths with legion, by splitting them into legacy and FoS.
    i hope they are gonna fix their mistakes in legion and either fix legacy or merge them back togheter.

anyone know some news on this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    What's the benefit of this? Legacy means something was points and now it's no points. Feats mean it was never points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What's the benefit of this? Legacy means something was points and now it's no points. Feats mean it was never points.
    That is not correct.
    There are achievements in there, that used to be FoS.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Legacy means it was something that was obtainable and longer is. Feats of Strength are what they always have been. Some Feats were moved to Legacy.

My best guess, all the Challenge Mode achievements and Legendary Ring achievements will move to Legacy. Ahead of the Curve will move to FoS.

Deleted
    OK it's confusing. I agree with OP. Merge them.

Deleted
    confusing and arbritary sums it up

merge them.

Deleted
    Well, if they don't merge them they could make more sense. e.g. A big category for "no points" things, then a branch of them being stuff like raiding feats, another branch being anniversaries, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Who..cares?
    Plenty of people do and if you don't just don't post here

As far as I know, its work like this:

'Legacy' achievements deal with achievements related to content removed from the game, while 'Feats of Strength' deal with achievements related to content that still exist within the game, but may or may not be attainable anymore?

Deleted
    If you make categories like that you better make them based on something conceptual in the fantasy of the game, not a technical classification. e.g. feats with subcategories of anniversaries/holidays, raids, toys, pets, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As far as I know, its work like this:

'Legacy' achievements deal with achievements related to content removed from the game, while 'Feats of Strength' deal with achievements related to content that still exist within the game, but may or may not be attainable anymore?
    I think they first had an idea with Legacy, as example, removed achievements only. but it feels like they half arsed it and cba'ed to put any more work into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I think they first had an idea with Legacy, as example, removed achievements only. but it feels like they half arsed it and cba'ed to put any more work into it.
    Into what? making more achievements? I don't understand. Legacy is the place for achievements unobtainable. Don't understand how it's a fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Into what? making more achievements? I don't understand. Legacy is the place for achievements unobtainable. Don't understand how it's a fail.
    Because FoS still contains loads of unobtainable achievements, so legacy isn't just for that.
    And it also contains achievements from the Feats of Strength list itself, so it aint from achievements that used to contain points.

There isn't a reason for legacy to be there atm, it's exact same as FoS.

Because FoS still contains loads of unobtainable achievements, so legacy isn't just for that.
    And it also contains achievements from the Feats of Strength list itself, so it aint from achievements that used to contain points.

There isn't a reason for legacy to be there atm, it's exact same as FoS.
    Ah. Yea I wouldn't say to merge them, but I'd definitely want them put in the right categories. Keep the actual obtainable ones in FoS so people can see what they can get.

Legacy pertains to achievements you cannot attain anymore due to removed content. Hand of A'dal, PvP rank titles, etc.

The 'Feat of Strength' tab can contain unobtainable achievements, as long as they're achievements that became unobtainable because Blizzard 'turned them off', and not because content was removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legacy pertains to achievements you cannot attain anymore due to removed content. Hand of A'dal, PvP rank titles, etc.

The 'Feat of Strength' tab can contain unobtainable achievements, as long as they're achievements that became unobtainable because Blizzard 'turned them off', and not because content was removed.
    What about curves, they are same as the pvp achievements or the yearly anniversary?

What about curves, they are same as the pvp achievements or the yearly anniversary?
    The 'ahead of the curve' are not the same as pvp achievements or the yearly anniversary. The 'ahead of the curve' deals with killing a boss. The boss is still in the game, only the achievement has been 'turned off'. If the boss was removed from the game, then the achievement would be moved to the 'Legacy'.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'ahead of the curve' are not the same as pvp achievements or the yearly anniversary. The 'ahead of the curve' deals with killing a boss. The boss is still in the game, only the achievement has been 'turned off'. If the boss was removed from the game, then the achievement would be moved to the 'Legacy'.
    Ah then i understand it, thanks for the good explanation

It's things like The Immortal and The Undying that make this distinction fuzzy. The raid content is still there but is it really that the achievement was removed or just turned off?