Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiaen21 View Post
    That number seems wrong, or I really am in a very small minority for having all 8 gifts.
    I think it's correct. I have them all too, but I've had a continuous subscription and make a point of logging in each year for the gift even if I'm not really actively playing much at the time.

As with all of these kinds of achievements, it's always interesting to compare the actual (fairly low) stat with the (high) number of posters who "claim" to have done them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Yes, that needs to happen. Dalaran has never looked so good.
    This times a milion.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we were gathering data, we noticed that only 114,022 players have all 8 years of gifts!
    Woot! I'm one of those 114,022 of the sample

Chaud, you normally state the raw number of players / accounts that you drew your data from as opposed to just percentages that have completed X achievement. I'm more curious to know how many active players there were in your survey group especially now that Blizzard is no longer publishing subscriber numbers. Hopefully, this omission will be corrected and you'll continue to provide these numbers in the future to aid us in getting a better sense of subscriber numbers / activity.

P.S. - Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Woot! I'm one of those 114,022 of the sample
    As am I. Pity. I'm never going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    As am I. Pity. I'm never going back.
    You guys always remind me of that joke about a vegan on a plane.

Deleted
    I've always loved Dalaran but with this, I'd love it even more.

How are they determining that number? 114,000 with all 8 gifts? Achievement?

Because I have all 8, but I don't have the 2008 achievement because it never gave me it. It gave me the 2007 achievement though.

Been playing since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    Chaud, you normally state the raw number of players / accounts that you drew your data from as opposed to just percentages that have completed X achievement. I'm more curious to know how many active players there were in your survey group especially now that Blizzard is no longer publishing subscriber numbers. Hopefully, this omission will be corrected and you'll continue to provide these numbers in the future to aid us in getting a better sense of subscriber numbers / activity.

I bet they were asked by Blizzard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post

It is still around 2.1 million active players in our DB.

That's not "fan art" in the literal sense (drawing/painting/etc) it's an imported model of Dalaran rendered in the Unity engine.

Those Dalaran screenshots.... hnnnngg!!

We need properly dark nights like that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I could CRY! Did the You're a mean one... and the follow-up quest across ALL level 85+ characters that I own, numbering at a total of 37 (I have 3 accounts) characters and while several of them got the winter enchant transmog, none got the Ragnaros one! Guess I'll be waiting until next year for more chances...T.T
    I did it on all my characters as well. Even the level 13 ones for a chance that that enchant. Nothing.
    Just a load of cider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    How are they determining that number? 114,000 with all 8 gifts? Achievement?

Because I have all 8, but I don't have the 2008 achievement because it never gave me it. It gave me the 2007 achievement though.

Been playing since 2010.
    Begining in 2010 some older gifts could appear under the tree for newer players. The acheivment is tied to the item, not being there in person. Otherwise they'd have no way of tracking a lot of things... I wasn't just there for the 8 gifts, I was at the very first Winter Veil in 2004. All the gifts were consumable, save the 3 recipes; winter veil eggnog, winter boots and snowmaster 3000 (?) the last of which was very special, it allowed you to make one knockback (before it got nerfed of course) snowball a day any time of the year.

It would be July and I'd be knocking ally players off mounts with a random snowball =D You just... can't find that kind of fun in WoW anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, those Dalaran screenshots.

We DESPERATELY need lighting like that in WoW, imagine if all zone had beautiful nights like that. The immersion would be so much better!

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is this all winter shit. Why is it on the front page?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Begining in 2010 some older gifts could appear under the tree for newer players. The acheivment is tied to the item, not being there in person. Otherwise they'd have no way of tracking a lot of things... I wasn't just there for the 8 gifts, I was at the very first Winter Veil in 2004. All the gifts were consumable, save the 3 recipes; winter veil eggnog, winter boots and snowmaster 3000 (?) the last of which was very special, it allowed you to make one knockback (before it got nerfed of course) snowball a day any time of the year.

It would be July and I'd be knocking ally players off mounts with a random snowball =D You just... can't find that kind of fun in WoW anymore.
    The knockback effect on the snowballs was the BEST. We used to have snowball fights in Ironforge for hours. Was so disappointed when they removed the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    The knockback effect on the snowballs was the BEST. We used to have snowball fights in Ironforge for hours. Was so disappointed when they removed the effect.
    I wasn't. Nothing quite matches the feeling of running across the bridge in Alterac Valley (as Horde) and, just before you get in range to throw spells at the defenders, suddenly find yourself flying _forward_ and at an angle off the bridge to your death... and then having people on your own side laugh at you and say "But it was funny!"

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. Half the gifts I got this year...

I remember darker nights in Duskwood that's was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone show Blizzard and Bethesda what dark nights should look like