Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Resto druid 6.2 Best in Slot

Currently I'm absolutely clueless. I looked at all the gear and the ilevel difference makes my brain hurt in the amount of math that would be required to make an accurate best in slot list.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity46 View Post
    Currently I'm absolutely clueless. I looked at all the gear and the ilevel difference makes my brain hurt in the amount of math that would be required to make an accurate best in slot list.
    It's very simple, higher ilvl > lower ilvl
    with the off case scenario of some 5 ilvl versa crit vs any piece without either stat, and trinkets I suppose, but those aren't particularly hard to math out.

Deleted
    In 6.2 wf and sockets are going to be even more of a deciding factor than today, with their 6.2 tier-within-a-tier staggered itemlevels.
    IMO wait for them to finish messing with trinkets, math those out, grab the weapon off Archimonde (and be happy we are one of the classes to get a BiS one there) and there you go. For progress grab 4 set, whichever healer trinkets end up being BiS, and then whatever your guild leaves for the healers. easy game easy life

Offset BiS will be hands off Archimonde I guess
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2015-06-10 at 03:42 AM.

do we have any idea of what the bis trinkets are looking to be? is 7% chance of lifebloom and rejuv to heal others really any good? I'd imagine demonic phylactery the one which reduces all healing spells mana cost by 556 might be good. Overall these trinkets are looking pretty shit in comparison to BRF ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    do we have any idea of what the bis trinkets are looking to be? is 7% chance of lifebloom and rejuv to heal others really any good? I'd imagine demonic phylactery the one which reduces all healing spells mana cost by 556 might be good. Overall these trinkets are looking pretty shit in comparison to BRF ones.
    Mana reduction and I believe the Leech trinkets will be best. I THINK. The class trinket just got a buff to it's range and nerf to it's proc chance. It will remain situational at best. Definitely not a trinket you'll throw on and do every fight with.

really the leech trinket? wouldn't have thought it.

due to the nature of druid healing and how the leech trinket is currently on pbe, it's practically a hot that comes after our hots

it's great in sustained damage fights and even for other healers in more normal fights, and I haven't been testing mythic fights this tier, but based on how on/off healing has been most this xpac, I doubt itll be great on us, it'll probably be best on monks with chiburst+uplifts, holy priests with their 90 talents, and shamans mostly due to their mastery

as it works now it'll slowly stack up over time for the leech to just overheal imo

I mean it'll still be great on the fights it's great on (sustained dmg), but overall I think it won't be too strong for us, as it is now, the leech is based off the healing done (and overheals do not apply), so yeah, it just makes our healing too long term for the large majority of fights

I think we may just end up using one of the static stat trinkets or even the on-use crit trinket for most fights, but it really depends on whether or not there's more trinket power changes

If bloom still existed though I'd think the leech trinket would be ok on us though, I'd imagine the int and stats from those giving us much more healing in an average fight
    Last edited by ryklin; 2015-06-11 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    really the leech trinket? wouldn't have thought it.
    The Leech Trinket is very overtuned at the moment. Although the PTR build is marked as a release build, I suspect it will be nerfed eventually. Also, as mentioned above the mana reduction trinket is also quite good and likely BiS for all healers in its current state.

Hopefully they do more adjusting to the trinkets or nearly every healer will likely be using Leech and Mana Reduction (with Disc being the only one opting out of the Leech trinket).
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    The Leech Trinket is very overtuned at the moment. Although the PTR build is marked as a release build, I suspect it will be nerfed eventually.
    Wasn't it already gutted in a previous build?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrianis View Post
    Wasn't it already gutted in a previous build?
    Nerfed from its insane OP'ness yes...gutted? no, its still a very strong trinket.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-06-11 at 02:21 PM.

Now, the leech trinket is just really good as a trinket

in the previous build it was so good we were gonna be 2 or 3 healing the entire tier because of how broken it was

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Nerfed from its insane OP'ness yes...gutted? no, its still a very strong trinket.
    ^This.

/10char
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Deleted
    I have been looking at the 6.2 gear for Restoration Druids on Wowhead, and to me this seems like our new BiS list.

Head - Oathclaw Helm - Kormrok T18.
    Neck - Voltage Regulation Diode - Iron Reaver.
    Shoulders - Oathclaw Mantle - Xhul'horac T18.
    Back - Drape of Beckoned Souls - Soulbound Construct.
    Chest - Oathclaw Vestment - Mannoroth T18.
    Wrist - Gorebound Wristguards - Hellfire Assault.
    Weapon - Edict of Argus - Archimonde.
    Gloves - Felfinger Runegloves - Archimonde.
    Waist - Waistwrap of Banishment - Archimonde.
    Legs - Oathclaw Leggings - Gorefiend T18
    Feet - Oppressor's Merciless Treads - Tyrant Velhari.
    Ring 1 - Shimmering Voidstone Band - Council.
    Ring 2 - Etheralus, the Eternal Reward - Legendary Quest.
    Trinket 1 - Demonic Phylactery - Soulbound Construct.
    Trinket 2 - Unstable Felshadow Emulsion - Xhul'horac.

Thoughts?

Agree? Disagree? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post
    I have been looking at the 6.2 gear for Restoration Druids on Wowhead, and to me this seems like our new BiS list.

Thoughts?

Pretty much from what i've seen, pending on any further trinket changes

Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post

Thoughts?

Yeahp, that's exactly what I have down as well. And I'll pick up the class trinket just for funsies whenever there's nobody else who needs it or if Blizz decides to make ours worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    The Leech Trinket is very overtuned at the moment. Although the PTR build is marked as a release build, I suspect it will be nerfed eventually. Also, as mentioned above the mana reduction trinket is also quite good and likely BiS for all healers in its current state.

Hopefully they do more adjusting to the trinkets or nearly every healer will likely be using Leech and Mana Reduction (with Disc being the only one opting out of the Leech trinket).
    The leach trinket looks good on logs on fights where there is constant damage, but it really isn't nearly as good as it looks and it is just bad on fights that don't have constant damage.

You can have all of your healers use the leach trinket and leach will do more effective healing then a healer over the course of the fight, but it doesnt actually make a noticeable difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    Now, the leech trinket is just really good as a trinket

in the previous build it was so good we were gonna be 2 or 3 healing the entire tier because of how broken it was
    This just isn't true. If you had tried it you would have seen how laughable this notion is.

Naturally the leech trinket will not be preferred for EVERY fight, as the targets taking damage will not always correlate with their DPS output. Using this trinket will take some thought/analysis preceding every encounter. We will be swapping trinkets, which is more fun anyway!

There are some fights it is going to be almost mandatory though...
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    Someone put it nicely a few days ago; display the graphs for damage in and damage out. The more they look alike (during the critical phases), the better the leech trinket is.
    Sounds like a fucking reasonable starting point to me.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the BiS item (bracer), Manacles of the Multitudes appears to come out slighty ahead of the Gorebound Wristguards for me. Unless the latter is socketed or WF that is.

Also the Locket of Unholy Reconstitution from Mannoroth would seem better than the Voltage Regulation Diode given the superior spirit difference?
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2015-06-19 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Regarding the BiS item (bracer), Manacles of the Multitudes appears to come out slighty ahead of the Gorebound Wristguards for me. Unless the latter is socketed or WF that is.

Also the Locket of Unholy Reconstitution from Mannoroth would seem better than the Voltage Regulation Diode given the superior spirit difference?
    Mmh, the neck I can see being on par. 238 int/91 MS/227 Spirit vs 217 int/120 haste/169 spirit. You're getting more int and spirit from Manacles at the loss of haste. The bracers, though, I just can't warrant taking something with that much crit over a haste/mastery piece even with the loss of a bit of pure int. I'm not incredible at numbers either though, so if anyone has some solid evidence that one would be better than the other, I'd say the necks would be about even for me and the wrists I'd still prefer haste/mastery.