Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why even keep playing this repetitive game

Every expansion it is basically the same thing. X number of new dungeons, X number of new zones, X number of new raid dungeons. Everything in WoW follows the same formula for years. Zones are always constructed the same way with the same type of quests. You do exactly the same things in every zone in the entire game, kill things, collect things. Every dungeon and raid follows the same design with the same types of bosses and the same types of mobs and always in a linear fashion. It's always the same formula, just with different graphics. The dungeons with dragons in Cataclysm are no different from the dungeons with orcs in Warlords of Draenor. Just different graphics with the same mobs at higher levels, with different names.

They literally sold us the same game 6 times by now.

Seriously, why?

Deleted
    i sometimes think this as well yet i am super excited about legion , I got back into playin some FPS games on playstation and what i love about them is just log in shoot some stuff and thats it , i dont have to worry about some nab looking for 700+ilvl and curve for a normal run of HfC . Sometimes its fun to forget about WoW but i still come back for more . Addiction i believe its called haha .

Hyperboles are fun. They didn't literally sell the same game over and over. That just makes me wonder if you're just a casual player. Even veterans won't deny that the game has changed over the years in more ways than one. Whether that change is good is subjective. I agree mobs seem to have the same level of difficulty but new dungeons and raids offer new mechanics and ways to beat the boss that isn't just tank and spank and some people love exploring new areas and what the expansion has to offer.

Deleted
    Well... Duh? They sold us the same game 6 times because we asked for the same game 6 times.

There are tonnes of MMOs. A lot of them do things differently. Go play them? It's like the people who sit around waiting for Call of Duty to stop being a modern twitch arena shooter. It won't happen, so go look for another game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight Glimmer View Post
    Every expansion it is basically the same thing. X number of new dungeons, X number of new zones, X number of new raid dungeons. Everything in WoW follows the same formula for years. Zones are always constructed the same way with the same type of quests. You do exactly the same things in every zone in the entire game, kill things, collect things. Every dungeon and raid follows the same design with the same types of bosses and the same types of mobs and always in a linear fashion. It's always the same formula, just with different graphics. The dungeons with dragons in Cataclysm are no different from the dungeons with orcs in Warlords of Draenor. Just different graphics with the same mobs at higher levels, with different names.

Seriously, why?
    Why do you post about this when you don't care / don't play the game?

You literally are retarded.

Seriously, why?

Infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2015-12-30 at 04:20 AM.

Why even keep playing any game at all by the same logic?

Deleted
    If every expansion was the same thing, i'd still be playing the game

The fact that zones were constructed the same way was true up until WoD, which made questing better in my view, cause it's no longer about just taking quests, accomplishing quests and handing them in, there are various objectives rewarding exp, much more quest starting items, etc

Every expansion has gamechanging features, WoD has garrisons (Which happened to be bad, but it still has it) for instance

You shouldn't expect expansions of the same game to be too different from each other, I mean, it's still the same game and advertised as such
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2015-12-28 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Every game is repetitive, what if I told you that if you enjoy doing something...doing it over and over again isn't an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same could be said about a lot of games, like Battlefield, CoD, Street Fighter, Diablo, Hitman, Tomb Raider, the majority of sports games... Almost every game which is part of a series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InventiveMeasures View Post
    I agree mobs seem to have the same level of difficulty but new dungeons and raids offer new mechanics
    What new mechanics are there? They rehash boss mechanics all the time. 99.99% of mechanics you see have already been there before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    There are tonnes of MMOs. A lot of them do things differently.
    Really? Every MMO I've played feels very much like WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Why even keep playing any game at all by the same logic?
    ???
    Because...
    what?

Why play any game at all?

Are you telling me that every game is basically the same game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Same reason you get up and go to the same job everyday, the same reason you shop at the same store each week, the same reason you get gas at the same gas station ...

Life is repetitive, just be happy you have a game to go with it.

???
    Because...
    what?

Why play any game at all?

Every game makes you keep playing the same game in some sense. Not hard to understand.

Well, in FPS you shoot, then shoot then again shoot.
    In Fifa you kick ball, kick ball, kick ball.
    In MOBAs you kill creeps, push lane, kill creeps, push lane, kill creeps, push lane.

So yeah, every game is repetitive, why you even bother play any?

10+ Year Old Account
    why even living? everythin is repetitive
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Everything is just so repetitive, we should just commit suicide.

Every game is repetitive. But there are non-repetitive things you can do in your spare time, e.g. painting, sports, hanging out with friends.

Oh, sorry. that's repetitive as well...

If you have to analyze why you're enjoying something, you're probably not.

Every game is basically the same game. (except some state-of-art indie games, like Braid or Stanley Parable).

I have a better question for you though:

Every year you live is basically a same thing. X number of new tasks at work, X number of new things you see, X number of new people you meet. Everything in life follows the same formula for years.

Why live your life then?
    Seriously, why??

(right answer): because small details are what makes everything interesting, original, fresh and so on.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Every game is repetitive, what if I told you that if you enjoy doing something...doing it over and over again isn't an issue.
    How often do you play most games? Not for 11 years right? Some games you play for maybe 10 hours, maybe less. Then some games you play for 100+ hours. I can't believe the amount of time I have wasted on WoW and on basically doing the same thing for the last 7 years. The only reason I was really interested in WoW in the first place was the lore and the characters I knew from WC3 and TFT. Then I found myself caught in some system where I felt rewarded by certain things that in the end were just meaningless. I became an altoholic and I leveled characters and I ran dungeons with them on max level, ICC 5 man dungeons at level 80 to get easy gear. I leveled characters because I loved the little rewards you get along the way and I loved it when I reached max level and I got cool gear on all my characters. But really in the end all I did was the same thing over and over again. I felt like it was cool to go back to older zones and dungeons I had already played through on my other characters, and that was reinforced by me doing the same shit at max level with my characters over and over again, so I took new characters through that same experience because it was a little bit different, but in the end, it still was the same shit as always. Just the visuals were a little bit different and that was enough to make me happy. Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Every game makes you keep playing the same game in some sense. Not hard to understand.
    -,-
    A game is a game. A game itself can't make you "play the same game". It's just one game.
    I'm talking about WoW and its expansions.
    Last edited by mmocea75dbf40f; 2015-12-28 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    Communist faggot