Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why are you guys trying to logic this shit to make sure if it would be allowed into the game or not?
    Hunters don't wear quivers and pull arrows out of their magical-infinite ass. Tons of stuff in this game isn't even close to realism, why's it becoming a problem now?

Edit: Looks like someone already beat me to common sense land, thankfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft runs on rule of cool, always has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Warcraft runs on rule of cool, always has.
    And so there's no reason to not have back-sheathed weapons
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Issue I have is the larger one handed weapons just look bad when sheathed at the hip, so Im all for this option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And so there's no reason to not have back-sheathed weapons
    there is, back sheathing is only cool if it's rare. 90% of one handers sheathing at the hip make the 10% that don't more desired.

now i don't mind being able to choose sheathe location, but there are design reasons for the current setup too.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-01-06 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Something I'm sure everyone is after, even if its just a simple interface option.

Ideally I'd like the choice to have either on the back, or both. No doubt there are those who don't care for it, but you'd think with a small tweak they'd give us this?
    How on earth do you think Blizzard could accomplish this if we can't even have hunter quivers?? That technology was lost years ago and Blizzards scientists do not have the technology or resources at the moment. Do you want any raid tiers this expansion??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Why are you guys trying to logic this shit to make sure if it would be allowed into the game or not?
    Hunters don't wear quivers and pull arrows out of their magical-infinite ass. Tons of stuff in this game isn't even close to realism, why's it becoming a problem now?

Edit: Looks like someone already beat me to common sense land, thankfully.
    Because it's fun to speculate. Just like topics such as who would win, superman vs. batman, LotR orcs vs. WoW orcs, etc, etc.

Deleted
    "We don't need backsheathe because it's unrealistic"

Meanwhile in World of Warcraft Legion's demon hunters...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    How on earth do you think Blizzard could accomplish this if we can't even have hunter quivers?? That technology was lost years ago and Blizzards scientists do not have the technology or resources at the moment. Do you want any raid tiers this expansion??

My bait detector is going off the rails with this post but to reply for the sake of replying...

It's easy, monks already have the the ability to sheathe weapons on the back, and some weapons uniquely sheathe on the back. It's safe to assume they have not lost this technology at all and would be fairly easy to implement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since I play a Druid, mainly the Balance and Restoration specializations, I really do not care.

However, I think it is an option many players would like. If some do not, then leave the option disabled. Easy.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    I'm not sure how the OP's desire is confusing in the least bit.

He wants to be able to sheath weapons on his character's back.

I think the option to toggle it on and off would be cool. We have minor cosmetic options like that in the menus already, and we know any race can, due to Monks, so. I mean, there's some effort involved, they DO have to recode the interface menu and feed that option through to all the coding and stuff, since it's likely hard coded into the monk only.

But they are reversing how staves and spears sheath on monks easily enough, I'm sure someone over there could take the time to change this and provide an option but uh, if you want this, wouldn't it be more useful to post this in the BLIZ forums or send a tweet to someone like Zharym who could forward your feedback to the devs more effectively? They DO read MMO-Champion sometimes but your odds of being seen here are EXTREMELY LOW.

I know the customary BLIZ social stance now is to largely ignore us entirely but it still has to be more effective to tell them than it is to post it here.
    Lol you were doing so good before the end there. The Entire legion expansion is player fanservice.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    "This guide is to help players find weapons that sheath on the back for either transmogrification or role play. The reason I created this guide is because as a warrior tank the look of the weapon sheathed underneath the shield is more ascetically pleasing to me. There is also a fair amount of ways these kinds of weapons can be integrated into a role play character. As a player of Dungeons and Dragons for quite a few years I see the desire of role players to want these weapons.
    It seems that Monks sheath all 1H weapons on their backs try not to be confused by that."

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/transm...ons-1h-weapons

Back-sheathing is definitely a cosmetic option I'd like to see in Legion. As Enhancement, I feel restricted to using the Frost Giant Cleaver (Blue) Axes just because they're the only good looking One-handed Axes I can use. There's literally only 12 Axes to choose from... 8 of them having the exact same model but different coloured skins (Frost Giant's Cleaver).

Oh, I would love this It looks amazing.

On the top of my head I can only think of 2 one-handed weapons that go on your back - an axe from ICC's Gunship and the Eterium swords from TBC. You can buy a green one in Netherstorm

Deleted
    i preffer 1 sword on my back and one sword on my left hip ( combat rogue ) it looks really cool .

Dragon encrustred longblade from the first boss in the sunwell goes on your back for any character that can use a 1 handed sword , or there is the felsteel long blade from blacksmithing , tho u got to find somebody who can make it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    i preffer 1 sword on my back and one sword on my left hip ( combat rogue ) it looks really cool .

Dragon encrustred longblade from the first boss in the sunwell goes on your back for any character that can use a 1 handed sword , or there is the felsteel long blade from blacksmithing , tho u got to find somebody who can make it :P
    There's also the Phantom Blade from Smithing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's also the Phantom Blade from Smithing.
    One of my favorites is the Heavy Copper Longsword

7+ Year Old Account
    Me being a fan of SAO you better believe I'm all for sheathing weapons on your back!

That's why I've collected the few weapons that are able to do so like the Daggers of Hakkari or w/e from Zul'gurub. If they can give us an option to back sheathe weapons that would be neat.

On second thought, if everyone sheathed there weapons on there back would it be as cool? I think everyone deep down wants to be cloud/link etc.

"If this is all a dream, don't wake me up." -Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    One of my favorites is the Heavy Copper Longsword
    I wish they'd make HD versions of the old more realistic vanilla weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Now you mention it, I would happily give up all of the next expansions raid tiers for the option to sheath 1-handers on my characters' backs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is really no reason for Blizzard not to add this option; a simple drop-down menu in the interface window (where 'hide helm' and 'hide cloak' are) would suffice and it would take barely any development time at all (seriously).

The list should have:

• One weapon on each side (MH+OH)
    • One weapon on your left side (MH), one weapon on your back (OH)
    • One weapon on your right side (OH), one weapon on your back (MH)
    • Both weapons on your back (MH+OH)

I'd personally love it if, as an Arms Warrior, I could have the weapon hang off the hip than the back.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »