Creating safe populations of Rhinoceros

So I skimmed over this idea on another post, however, I did not directly address it. This concept would entail that populations of wild rhinoceros be created outside of Sub-Saharan Africa, this of course provided that they are shown to cause no ecological harm to the area they are being introduced to. I bolded the end of that sentence to get the message across that I would condone simply introducing another invasive species, however, not all introduced species are invasive and this concept goes off the idea that the rhinoceros can adapt and/or contribute to their ecosystem and that they can be brought back to many of their former countries.

But when you look at rhinoceros species, especially Black subspecies and Asian species of rhinoceros, they have drastically and dangerously declined and have shown little signs of recovering. At best most are critically endangered and while programs should and are actively attempting to breed, clone and reintroduce black rhinoceros all across their surviving ranges across Africa, it is the opinion of mine that populations of black rhinoceros should be established outside of Africa and outside of the reach of poachers.

Possibly the black rhinoceros, being a browser and thriving in woodlands, could be introduced to large preserved wilderness within certain areas of Southern Europe where the climate is much more adaptable. This provided they are scientifically shown to not cause any (significant) ecological damage to the wilderness they are introduced to.

At least three of the black rhinoceros subspecies are extinct, while others are uncertain whether they are still present or not. The Javan or Sundanese Rhinoceros could possibly be reintroduced into much of it's former range in Tropical, Sub-Tropical and Temperate regions of China and South Asia and could receive further protection. The Sumatran Rhinoceros could possibly be introduced to woodland in certain parts of Western and Eastern Europe as well as China and other parts of East Asia (such as the Korean Peninsula).

Again let me say again that I would condemn these species being introduced to foreign areas where they were actually, scientifically shown to be harmful to the native ecosystem. In the case that they are, they can always be tracked and removed as large mammals are generally not extremely hard to find. Rhinoceros also have one of the slowest gestation periods at nearly a year and give birth to a single calf, therefore the line of thinking that they would create gigantic, uncontrollable populations in a short period of time is unreasonable to best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    So I skimmed over this idea on another post, however, I did not directly address it. This concept would entail that populations of wild people be created outside of Sub-Saharan Africa, this of course provided that they are shown to cause no ecological harm to the area they are being introduced to. I bolded the end of that sentence to get the message across that I would condone simply introducing another invasive races, however, not all introduced races are invasive and this concept goes off the idea that the people can adapt and/or contribute to their ecosystem and that they can be brought back to many of their former countries.

But when you look at peoples' races, especially Black subspecies and Asian races of people, they have drastically and dangerously declined and have shown little signs of recovering. At best most are critically endangered and while programs should and are actively attempting to breed, clone and reintroduce black people all across their surviving ranges across Africa, it is the opinion of mine that populations of black people should be established outside of Africa and outside of the reach of poachers.

Possibly the black people, being a browser and thriving in woodlands, could be introduced to large preserved wilderness within certain areas of Southern Europe where the climate is much more adaptable. This provided they are scientifically shown to not cause any (significant) ecological damage to the wilderness they are introduced to.

At least three of the black people subraces are extinct, while others are uncertain whether they are still present or not. The Javan or Sundanese people could possibly be reintroduced into much of it's former range in Tropical, Sub-Tropical and Temperate regions of China and South Asia and could receive further protection. The Sumatran people could possibly be introduced to woodland in certain parts of Western and Eastern Europe as well as China and other parts of East Asia (such as the Korean Peninsula).

Again let me say again that I would condemn these races being introduced to foreign areas where they were actually, scientifically shown to be harmful to the native ecosystem. In the case that they are, they can always be tracked and removed as large mammals are generally not extremely hard to find. People also have one of the slowest gestation periods at nearly a year and give birth to a single calf, therefore the line of thinking that they would create gigantic, uncontrollable populations in a short period of time is unreasonable to best.
    Fixed it for you. Rhinoceros -> people , species -> race

Marked in italics. Now you can repost this in any of the immigration threads.

You are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

You are welcome.

/10char

15+ Year Old Account

/10char
    Well my edited version of the post makes more sense. I doubt many here are rhinoceros' experts anyway!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

You are welcome.
    That is hilarious!!!

But to answer OP (I think...only skimmed)...The only safe place for Rhino's is outside Africa and Asia. If that isn't gonna happen, we may as well just mark them as extinct right now and move on to preserving another animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the odds of an animal having zero ecological impact on an ecosystem?

Nothing even remotely shares the same ecological niche in southern Europe, or any area that rhinos don't currently exist. While that means they may not be directly competing with another organism for survival, it ALSO means that no other species in that ecosystem has evolved to cope with a large mammal tromping around. Plants aren't adapted to them. Other herbivores have not adjusted to compete with rhinoceros for food.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What are the odds of an animal having zero ecological impact on an ecosystem?

Nothing even remotely shares the same ecological niche in southern Europe, or any area that rhinos don't currently exist. While that means they may not be directly competing with another organism for survival, it ALSO means that no other species in that ecosystem has evolved to cope with a large mammal tromping around. Plants aren't adapted to them. Other herbivores have not adjusted to compete with rhinoceros for food.
    Some bushes in Europe are extremely thorny to the extent most deer species cannot feed on them. They evolved in response to rhinoceros. Also in areas where Asian rhinoceros could be introduced to and shown to have a positive effect, they could actually become seed dispersers.

Thank you for the reply th, much respected and appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Some bushes in Europe are extremely thorny to the extent most deer species cannot feed on them. They evolved in response to rhinoceros. Also in areas where Asian rhinoceros could be introduced to and shown to have a positive effect, they could actually become seed dispersers.

Thank you for the reply th, much respected and appreciated
    But that assumes rhinoceros would limit their food intake to only thorny or tough plants. Rhinoceros can and will eat softer foliage. During the rainy season, when both types of food are abundant, they prefer grasses.

And, of course, any myriad of organisms have evolved to live in and around the scrubby brush that other animals don't normally eat. If you suddenly have an animal clear-cutting it, all of those animals have a much harder time with life.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.