Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    That comment was created far before cataclysm, wrath baby.
    Wrath baby? *shrugs* Sorry that I am not on that part of those whiny forums, private. I don't tour the forums to look just for negatives. Been at this game 11+ years now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Because blizzard is still using the same system they used in 2004. And that would require work. Blizzard doesnt like work.
    It's more than work it'd require a complete overhaul of how they build armor sets. Suddenly you need to make so many features of armor separate geosets and build the interface for this. It's a huge ask, hell most games that offer features like this cheat by effectively making the differing geosets overlap (ie you can't remove spikes from pauldrons and remove the left one). I'd aim to have chest armor that is more than a texture replacer first, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing says STYLE like slaying demons in gear meant for humans and orcs only. I mean, PFSH. Kaldorei looking gear in the place from where the originate? Get out of here!

Welcome to the new and improved Blizzard Entertainment. Courtesy of Rurts and Gehco. Workload is kept to a minimum as all and every new gear may only fit humans and orcs.

There will be no themed gear for:
    Blood elves, Draenei, Forsaken, Tauren, Gnomes, Goblins, Worgen, Trolls, Kaldorei or dwarves.

Have fun!
    No need to be childish, now you are comparing choices of armor protection with themes, that isn't really the same thing. If we go all in to themes like you wish to do, then it should basically be a Night Elven, Tauren, Blood Elven and troll, if I recall that wears the skimpy stuff. Even at that, there is quite a lot of outfits from the human section that is quite skimpy, even on orcs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I'm not against skimpy armor if it's cloth or leather, but there needs to be some realism. Armor that's skimpy on a female should be equally as skimpy for males is one of my complains about the whole thing as well as exposing vital parts of your body because why not. Irradiates me no no end.
    Some realism in this fantasy game: Only plate and mail can protect real good from melee attacks, leather and cloth is will just tear open, oh and then again when a giant dude like archimonde hit you with a giant mace that is ligger than yourself, you should die, instantly and that is fun realism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StAlia View Post
    Right on. Let players show personality by giving them more options to customize their looks.

I am continually puzzled by the origin of this need to have others conform to some narrow-minded definition of what is OK, proper, whatever. In an online game about orcs and pet battles no less. Yikes! Just go out into the world of Azeroth and have some fun!
    Really, I don't care about people's choices of equipment, but I would want to be able to have an armor of colors I like, without ending up looking like I'm going to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth
    *squeal*
    Note: apparently, touching yourself to video game characters makes you easily angered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not play fantasy games if you want realism.
    Play an erotic game if you want half naked characters.

Deleted
    Welcome to the new and improved Blizzard Entertainment. Courtesy of Rurts and Gehco. Workload is kept to a minimum as all and every new gear may only fit humans and orcs.
    The salt is real ;]

You've had Kaldorei themed gear in WoW since, hmm. Old Wildheart set I guess ;] But no tits out, so not counting, supposedly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh god.. I remember TERA. Let me just tank with a grill and a lollipop while wearing to holiday bathing suit.
    TERAs armors are beautiful in their own right, despite their sheer ridiculousness. WoW doesn't do nearly as well. Even as someone who's not opposed to battle lingerie, I really don't understand the appeal of it in WoW, super low quality textures and lack of geosets are too damning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    TERAs armors are beautiful in their own right, despite their sheer ridiculousness. WoW doesn't do nearly as well. Even as someone who's not opposed to battle lingerie, I really don't understand the appeal of it in WoW, super low quality textures and lack of geosets are too damning.
    Ah, with the textures and programming they do better yes - but also newer/better engine. Though, I just logged out last time I tried to reply the game when I saw someone wield a grill and a lollipop. But don't get me wrong, the quality of the armor in general is a good touch from TERA

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Yeah naw, no you're not. Because "cartoons with exaggerated features" is little different than art in sculpture, drawings, paintings etc. Just look at Michelangelo's depiction of men and tell me that's how most men look, or ask yourself if it's exaggerated.
    Uhhh, what are you even trying to say? I'm not turned on by High Renaissance artistic depictions of women either.

You were suggesting that not wanting to see purposefully revealing outfits being passed off as battle armor was somehow indicative of not liking the "female figure". What I'm saying is that it's pretty easy to have one view pertaining to actual female figures and a different view pertaining to animated (and in WoW's case, highly stylized and exaggerated) female figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    The salt is real ;]

You've had Kaldorei themed gear in WoW since, hmm. Old Wildheart set I guess ;] But no tits out, so not counting, supposedly.
    The old wildheart set is not attainable any longer. And that is druid themed gear. If you think druid gear = Kaldorei gear, then you should stop talking please.

We have 0 Kaldorei themed sets in the game. Anything that is remotely tribal looking is either aimed at orcs, trolls or tauren and is usually only made out of necessity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Some realism in this fantasy game: Only plate and mail can protect real good from melee attacks, leather and cloth is will just tear open, oh and then again when a giant dude like archimonde hit you with a giant mace that is ligger than yourself, you should die, instantly and that is fun realism.
    That's called suspension of disbelief. It makes sense in the Warcraft universe for there to be heroes who are superhuman in nature; extremely durable, can cast spells and/or are capable of quasi-magical physical feats. That does not justify everything that isn't the same as our world being included. Realism can't and shouldn't be measured from our world, it should instead be measured based of the laws and rules of the secondary world of fiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because blizzard is still using the same system they used in 2004. And that would require work. Blizzard doesnt like work.
    Are you even capable of making a point without childish hyperbole? Legit question btw.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    TERAs armors are beautiful in their own right, despite their sheer ridiculousness.
    I always found it rather hilarious that if you undress your plate wearing castanic, she suddenly conceals MORE due to lol European censorship.
    Had to install a bikini mod to get realistic underwear... although most armor looks as if they don't wear anything beneath them.
    And yes I consider TERAs armor pretty, but that's because it's actual 3D and not just painted on textures like in WoW.

The old wildheart set is not attainable any longer.
    Both it and the blue Feralheart variant are indeed obtainable at the Darkmoon Faire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Are you even capable of making a point without childish hyperbole? Legit question btw.
    She has a point though.

After playing FF-XIV for so long now, it is difficult for me to get excited about any armor Blizzard designs because WoW is just so limited. Esp when you play a caster. :/

Deleted
    The old wildheart set is not attainable any longer. And that is druid themed gear. If you think druid gear = Kaldorei gear, then you should stop talking please.

We have 0 Kaldorei themed sets in the game. Anything that is remotely tribal looking is either aimed at orcs, trolls or tauren and is usually only made out of necessity.
    Sure sure. It doesn't count, Shandris armor lookalikes don't count, none of the druid/sentinel lookalike mogs count, because no fur thong and no tits waving proudly in the face of adversity = not Night Elf. Gotcha, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I am hard to cool down when people are completely ignorant to Blizzard slacking and they call it "Well, its their design choice".

We have examples for that everywhere!
    Hire a web comic artist to write WoW's lore starting with cataclysm and defend all of his actions including the 'A little patience' scenario.

Ignore that they have deleted nights.

Defend lack of race themed gear with that it is a 'design choice'.

Deleted
    They added new skimpy armor pieces with Wod, e.g the shadowmoon set, or anchorite regalia.
    If I remeber correctly the tier sets have never been really skimpy -not in Vanilla, not inc BC and not now.