Page 1 of 2
LastLast

liking your own posts on facebook

Why do people like their own posts on facebook? Do you like your own posts? It's like do you really need to know if you liked it or not?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I don't even have Facebook, but liking your own posts is just masturbation haha.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because i can

10+ Year Old Account
    I only open up Facebook maybe once a week, to see if someone sent me a message or something, and that's it. Never understood all those "likes" and such...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I only open up Facebook maybe once a week, to see if someone sent me a message or something, and that's it. Never understood all those "likes" and such...
    I don't like it when someone important dies in someones life and they post about it on facebook and then people like that. It's like are they happy that the person died?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why do people like their own posts on facebook? Do you like your own posts? It's like do you really need to know if you liked it or not?
    Hmm... because I might like what has been posted, even if by me? I do sometimes, mostly when sharing things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What I love to see on FB is when 2 people are thrashing each other in the comments, and one of them likes his/her own comments in order to appear like he/she has more support from people.

Maybe they just did it on accident. Also, when people see one like suddenly they feel the need to notice this thing and are more likely to like as well. The first like broke the ice.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes i think people just get high af and they're just like wow that's funny as shit i'm gonna like that and then they think it's even funnier when they realize it is their own status

It's like a soft bump of a forum post. If it's a status I really want some traction/discussion on, especially if it's a new post on my site, I'll like it so it pops back up on my friends news roll. Doubles my views and keeps me from having to post it again at different times of day.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-02-04 at 03:54 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I like my own posts when i start arguing with people, and someone likes my post but not theres to troll.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this very often, that just seems really odd to me. Maybe I'm the weird one, I don't know lol. I mean you obviously like what you have to say or you probably wouldn't be saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it when someone important dies in someones life and they post about it on facebook and then people like that. It's like are they happy that the person died?
    I've never understood this either...wtf would you like it? Same if someone tells of someone being seriously ill or hurt. I rarely go on FB...maybe once or twice a month to keep an eye on friends and family across the country. The one and only time I found it really useful was when a close family member decided to disappear. He had recently been dumped by his wife and was seriously depressed and (unknown to any of us at the time) suicidal. He sent a mass text basically saying he was sorry for what he was about to do and please forgive him ect.....and disappeared off the map. In about 10 minutes within getting that text we literally had an army of police, friends, family, strangers out searching for him, mostly due to facebook. It's one hell of a fast way to communicate with a ton of people. The story ended happily, he had gotten so drunk he just took off walking and kept going. Threw his phone onto train tracks on his walk and watched the train run it over and kept walking. He ended up walking about 20 miles before he sobered up then walked another five to a town and used a restaurants phone to call me and ask me for a ride home. I had him immediatly get on FB and apologize to and thank all the people who had been looking for him when we got home.

People are self absorbed cunts, what more do you want ys to say?
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    People are self absorbed cunts, what more do you want ys to say?
    Clearly, since this thread is about getting upset over what someone else is doing on their own account.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    If you are not able to like yourself why should others?

10+ Year Old Account
    It means they like tributing the person who died. I'm sure I liked some of the "RIP Alan Rickman" stuff. Doesn't mean I'm happy he's dead, but it means I agree with the RIP sentiment.
    Putin khuliyo

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    In a perfect world this shit falls under some kind of criminal act and gets you 20 to life.