Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wanted in China: More Male Teachers, to Make Boys Men

The history class began with a lesson on being manly.

Lin Wei, 27, one of a handful of male sixth-grade teachers at a primary school here, has made a habit of telling stories about warlords who threw witches into rivers and soldiers who outsmarted Japanese troops. “Men have special duties,” he said. “They have to be brave, protect women and take responsibility for wrongdoing.”

Worried that a shortage of male teachers has produced a generation of timid, self-centered and effeminate boys, Chinese educators are working to reinforce traditional gender roles and values in the classroom.

In Zhengzhou, a city on the Yellow River, schools have asked boys to sign pledges to act like “real men.” In Shanghai, principals are trying boys-only classes with courses like martial arts, computer repair and physics. In Hangzhou, in eastern China, educators have started a summer camp called West Point Boys, complete with taekwondo classes and the motto, “We bring out the men in boys.”
    Shanghai No. 8 Senior High School began an all-boys program for 60 students in 2012 with the goal of “reviving the masculinity” of its male students.

Zhou Jiahao, 18, a senior at the school, said he did not think China faced a masculinity crisis in its classrooms. But he said boys felt more confident when they took classes together. The school offers courses in etiquette, coding and wilderness survival, among others.

“In classes with female students, we might not dare speak out,” he said. “When it’s just boys, we feel much freer.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/07/wo...-men.html?_r=3

I think we're going to see a lot more of this and not only in China.

10+ Year Old Account
    imma just sit here and wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    imma just sit here and wait.
    Out of popcorn eh?

Yeah funny shit worried if boys are masculine enough.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

So I could go there, take school children to a strip club, and get paid for it? Sounds better than my current gig.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Out of popcorn eh?

Yeah funny shit worried if boys are masculine enough.

yeah the rise of the female dominated education sector does not at all correlate to the relative decline of male performance, No.

Oh wait...

Deleted
    Thank fuck for that. Hopefully there's going to be less retarded haircut, ripped/skinny jeans "boys" that talk like someone cut their balls off. Actually, to even fit in those skinny jeans you have to give up your balls so no wonder.

I mean seriously, what the fuck is this?

Deleted
    I see nothing wrong with this.

Young men don`t fear authoritity of women - that`s a fact. Be it a teacher or your mom - when my mother said ''cut it out'', I never did - who cares?!

Now when the father entered the room that was entirely different attitude and discussion...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sestdiena View Post
    I see nothing wrong with this.

Young men don`t fear authoritity of women - that`s a fact. Be it a teacher or your mom - when my mother said ''cut it out'', I never did - who cares?!

Now when the father entered the room that was entirely different attitude and discussion...
    That just means you're an asshole or your mother is a terrible parent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    So I could go there, take school children to a strip club, and get paid for it? Sounds better than my current gig.
    Can you speak the language? Might be a fun experience to make society better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope just throw young boys bloody steaks to fight over the winner gets to enjoy their savory meal, while the other boys get detention intil the next round while being babysat by wild cougar with no weapons or escape until the the school bell rings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whatismoba View Post
    I mean seriously, what the fuck is this?

Underwear for when it's winter? When I was younger at least thats what that was. How the fuck is that not a case of public indecency or whatever it's called?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

yeah the rise of the female dominated education sector does not at all correlate to the relative decline of male performance, No.

Oh wait...
    It doesn't it's just a collapse of bullshit tradition some are trying to fear everyone back into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    That just means you're an asshole or your mother is a terrible parent.
    Nope.

That`s a general rule and I bet if most here are honest enough - they`ll agree with me.
    I can say the same about my neighbours and my friends - I saw the same ''who gives a shit what mom thinks'' attitude from my them. Never towards their fathers however. Or even older brothers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How exactly would bringing kids to a strip club make the world better?

Too bad we don't have more teachers like that in the American College System where SJWs have taken over.

Stuffing a dollar bill into a strippers panties is a universal language.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly would bringing kids to a strip club make the world better?
    Not that part of his post but his idea to try to make the teaching pool in China more even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Too bad we don't have more teachers like that in the American College System where SJWs have taken over.
    Yeah it's a good thing we have grown beyond stupid shit like this and forcing kids to work in sweat shops.

Deleted
    Yeah it's a good thing we have grown beyond stupid shit like this and forcing kids to work in sweat shops.
    As if that has anything to do with the article that OP linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that part of his post but his idea to try to make the teaching pool in China more even.
    Aye gotcha np either way just thought that would be strange.