10+ Year Old Account

assigning followers to garden/mine

is it worth basically sacrificing two of your followers for increased garden/mine work order yield ? how much exactly of an increase is it anyway ?

instead of doing gold, item, oil or resource missions they pretty much sid idle.

I would like the answer too.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly all depends on what you are looking for. If you are wanting the ability to specify which herbs you want to grow in your garden (as opposed to letting it randomly grow herbs) then assigning a follower would be beneficial. An example where this would be a good idea is if you needed a specific herb for some production profession. With regard to the mine, a follower increases the amount of ore you receive with each completed work order (by roughly 7 or so ore). These benefits are pretty situational and in many cases come down to preference. Personally, I tend not to assign a follower to those locations on my main toon, but in the case of my alts who rarely leave their garrisons, it is a nice bonus.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    A (or An? not sure) herbalist in the garden makes the result of a work order jump to 8 herbs instead of 5 and a miner in the mine jump to 7 from 5 ore. Essentially, you get 18 extra herbs and 12 more ore per day with followers there. You get the same amount if a node protector spawns and dies. It isn't much, but in the course of the expansion it has added up for me. Don't forget that you can actually level those two followers there with work orders. On the other hand, that also requires farming the mine and garden for work order materials daily. I believe putting them there is essential for new characters. You can only decide if it is worth it.

I think it is worth it to have followers assigned to the garden and mines if you do visit those places often. I do complete all garrison missions other than the xp and the ability/trait reroll ones, the only time I run out of followers for missions is if I do not log in for several days and have a backlog built up. If you log into your characters at least every other day you should have more than enough followers to assign to the garden/mines and still complete every mission.
    Last edited by sleepingforest; 2016-02-18 at 11:37 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There are only so many gold missions. My ~10 followers are usually enough to cover that. As are my ~3 Greasemonkeys for oil. That leaves 12 for other shit.

If I have a primary profession, that gets a follower. But even with another follower at the mine and/or garden I never run out of guys to do missions (I don't touch xp missions)

So....if you have a lv 3 garden / mine and visit them daily, I guess why not assign a follower too. It will neither make nor break you
    I totally agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you have spare followers and mine/herb daily, it's worth it (My opinion). And if you need them for a specific mission you can just pull them off work and complete mission and then put them back to work.