Deleted

Smile I am deaf, please help:)

Hello and dear friends,
    I am deaf, half mythic HF behind me, more to come. I would like to ask if anyone has tips on addons weakauras strings exorcus and something that I would replace TS ... I want to help the guild to join me in not too busy communication in TS. I hope to find someone who is willing to help me with ideas. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

my armory here:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fanghui/simple

It is entirely up to a guild tough to make that decision.

We have in our ranks a mage whos almost 100% deaf she can hear with some sort of device but she can't hear voices trough headphones or anything like that.
    She has been with us for almost 2 years now and shes one of our most capable members.

If you are wondering 12/13mythic with 35% or so best try's on archi.

But as i was saying it is entirely up to a guild to give you a chance and nothing else.
    WA's addons everything yuo can get your self depending on the class you play.
    Rest is up to your raid leader to spare some time out of hes day to explain exactly what has to be done if anything specific that needs to be done needs your mage services , like soaking cavitation or baiting black holes and stuff like those.

You ask for WA's or addons.
    Those should be based and revolve around the tactics you use.
    But i'm assuming most mage WA's are standard ones like doom procs or cool downs.

You can try and see the WA's some of the mage streamers use on twitch or wait for some good soul to pop you some here :P .

Deleted
    Nice. Is it true that a deaf I do not see a barrier, but most can not imagine without TS or without TS take it. Now our guild accepted me, and I'm glad for that.

Now look: a nice example:

weakauras dBm + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZRt...ature=youtu.be

I think what the buzz hunter, I hope it's dbm and I would like this set and do not know exactly how precisely set.

Here is deaf who slew Archimonde mythic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJKTRvff9vA

I don't have any idea on how to improve the communication between raid leader and you, but I have this addon which creates auras for weakaura placing gigantic texts on the screen alerting about upcoming boss skills, below is how it looks like, how to use it and on my signature there is a link to download if you want to try (Details!), I hope this help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    I don't have any idea on how to improve the communication between raid leader and you, but I have this addon which creates auras for weakaura placing gigantic texts on the screen alerting about upcoming boss skills, below is how it looks like, how to use it and on my signature there is a link to download if you want to try (Details!), I hope this help.

Nice. Very thank.

I highly suggest if you are going to raid in a guild that uses voice com of some kind as a deaf player you find a translator buddy who can type pertinent things to you as the raid leader / other people discuss things. This way you are at least on the same page as people and if the raid leader asks you something (assuming he isnt fully aware you are deaf or doesn't want to bother typing) then your friend has relayed it to you and you can reply in chat.

On the server I was on previous to just returning to the game (Ner'zhul) there was a guild called Durus Veritas which at least back in the day was a deaf guild and didn't use voice comm and would instead the raid leader used /yell macros and such to call out specific things and they'd have markers for strats. They did quite well I thought and made it work.

voice comm really is a crutch in a lot of ways and I don't think it is necessary to have it in order to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    voice comm really is a crutch in a lot of ways and I don't think it is necessary to have it in order to be good at this game.
    It is necessary if you have to adapt to something during the fight though. Surely proper planning and exhaustion of scenarios and reactions can be done beforehand, but you can't argue that TS is entirely non-essential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Normad.

I am currently a 13/13M Rogue, as well as 100% Deaf without my Hearing Aids. I do not know the severity of your hearing loss, so I am going to assume you are the same. I can not hear voices over mumble, well I can, but its just voices. No words. I can speak if I want too, but I never do during raid time unless I am just shooting the shit with the raiders in there (hardly ever.) I use DBM/Big Wigs for sound alerts and what not.

Let it be known, I am not the greatest at giving advice but I will try my best to think of things that have helped me get as far as I have.

In no specific order, I think these things can help you out.

Number 1 thing is to always remember that if you are serious about raiding end game content, is to know that you will be (should be) doing your homework on fights ahead of time. The more effort you put into watching videos and reading comments and understanding how things work, the more easier the fight will be regardless if you are not in mumble at the time for call outs and what not. It is always helpful to be in a guild that will post their strats on their guild site, so you can get a grasp of how things are going to go and be able to communicate with your raid on the forums beforehand.

Number 2 is to know your class. If you are confident in your class, then that reflects on your performance. If you can do damage, not stand in stupid stuff, not die to stupid stuff EVERY pull, all while doing respectable DPS then you are showing raid awareness. Raid leaders will bring in someone who can live and do damage, over people who will just fall over every pull. This is probably the biggest thing I have going for me the last couple years of playing WoW. Compare your self to the other players of the same class, and work your way up. If you are confident, you can do anything you want.

Number 3 and perhaps the 2nd most important suggestion is to find someone in the raid who is open to whispering you things that the raid leader might be saying to you, or to the raid as a whole. Like in real life, in game you need an interpreter. This can be outside of raid, during raid, in the middle of the fight, etc. In my case, its a Rogue buddy of mine named Karona that I have been raiding with since Siege of Orgrimmar. Since day 1, we just kind of hooked and worked on it ever since. For example, on some fights I am asked to pop Smoke Bomb on my raid (If my raid leader ever remembers lol). Before Weak Auras, my only way of knowing when to do this during progression was to get a whisper from Karona when my raid leader would call for it. After I found Weak Auras, I was able to get a Aura to pop up in the middle of my screen whenever I got a certain phrase from anyone. This made it a lot easier for me. Occasionaly I can get my raid leader to do it himself, but ehhhh that hardly works out. So having a single person who can take time out of their day to help you, goes a long way.

Number 4, and probably the most important suggestion is to find a raid leader that will work with you. Honestly, it is entirely up to your raid leader how smooth things will go for you. You can only do so much but if you do not have the help and patience from your raid leader, it probably won't work out. In my case, my raid leader was just another raider with me in a guild during SoO. He was also the raid leader of another guild after our raid together so I would assume he got some first hand experience prior to me moving to his guild once ours fell apart.

In my own experience, my raid leader kind of just lets me do my own thing and hardly ever asks me to do any sort of raid mechanic unless my class is the better option for it. Not because I cant do it, but relying on someone that is in mumble is just a lot easier in case something goes awry. I do not mind this at all, as I can just dps and not have to worry about much :P This tier, I am closing black holes, soaking Sources on Archi, but that is minor things I can use DBM for.

That is pretty much all I can offer. It is all jumbeled up, but I just went with whatever was flowing off my tongue. If you have any questions, my inbox is open to you.

Hey Normad

I am deaf as well, Used to wear hearing aids but not anymore (unless you like to hear music+fight+ things going out} I studied class mostly {hunter}, Can't tolerance other classes but i get them to 100 and pvp geared anyway. My Progression so far is 5/13 which i just started raiding back recently before my guild broke down and the deaf guild as well. I joined a hearing guild which i knew from Heroic SoO and helped them out finishing up Heroic garrosh. It was Intense and fun and frustrating... No biggie patience is the key! We usually whispers and discussed and raid markers and assigned people what to do (RIP ASPECT OF FOX} { Addons such Big wigs, Weak auras, Anger Assignments, Dbm} Useful addons but i am sure there are other addons if you can ask around to make your interface more comfortable. Wish you luck on progression.
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2016-03-02 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NormadSoulII View Post
    Hello and dear friends,
    I am deaf, half mythic HF behind me, more to come. I would like to ask if anyone has tips on addons weakauras strings exorcus and something that I would replace TS ... I want to help the guild to join me in not too busy communication in TS. I hope to find someone who is willing to help me with ideas. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

my armory here:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fanghui/simple
    Sorry. Feel your pain, but communication is key to raiding.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Sorry. Feel your pain, but communication is key to raiding.
    I know deaf players with way more raiding experience and bosses dead then you.
    How do you think they have achieved that?

Right they don't mold them self's in to what other people think of them, you can communicate even without voice comm its entirely up to you and your raid leader to put in the effort.