10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You think they'll end up with 5 HoF players on that team? Or just the 2 they have now.
    Not sure what you are asking, but I think you misunderstood draynay's ever present biting sarcasm. He's saying Jeff Fisher won the Rams a Superbowl, by being the headcoach on the opposing team, the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure what you are asking, but I think you misunderstood draynay's ever present biting sarcasm. He's saying Jeff Fisher won the Rams a Superbowl, by being the headcoach on the opposing team, the Titans.
    Ah, lol. My bad.

I would still liked it if at least got one more in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Did not know Thad Lewis was a 49er now (or even still in the league for that matter). For some reason it would not surprise me at all if that is who Chip Kelly ends up starting at some point in the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every day I hear something about Victor Cruz not practicing with a lingering injury and I lose the little faith I have in Graham playing this year. Graham stated after coming off PUP that his leg had to be straight for 12 weeks and had to relearn how to walk afterwards. Shit injury, but if he ends up not playing he can be cut with little dead money. Could extend him for a cheese burger for hope that he can come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Every day I hear something about Victor Cruz not practicing with a lingering injury and I lose the little faith I have in Graham playing this year. Graham stated after coming off PUP that his leg had to be straight for 12 weeks and had to relearn how to walk afterwards. Shit injury, but if he ends up not playing he can be cut with little dead money. Could extend him for a cheese burger for hope that he can come back.
    Makes me sad to hear about Graham, I loved him in New Orleans and was pissed when we traded him. He is one of the most exciting players to watch I've seen and I want him to come back from that injury and dominate again.

Saints 1st round pick broke his leg. At this rate Joey Bosa might be the only healthy 1st round pick when the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Saints 1st round pick broke his leg. At this rate Joey Bosa might be the only healthy 1st round pick when the season starts.
    Yeah looks like 6-8 weeks for Rankins...that is brutal for my Saints, our already bad defense just has issues staying healthy.

Vance Walker hurt his knee now, had to be carted off and could put no weight on his leg. Really hope it is not bad, he is an important in the DL rotation.

Sanchez is getting hurt as a holder. Not sure if this means Colquitt is gone, or trying something so the holding situation is not the only difference in which punter wins the job. Kubiak also said special teams is also going to be a big part of which RBs make the roster (fans already knew this, he just never said it before), meaning Hillman might be available.

Woo, Suggs no longer on PUP, and participated in his first training today.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Woo, Suggs no longer on PUP, and participated in his first training today.
    Yay for the scumbag!

10+ Year Old Account
    Edwards Jr out for up to roughly 6 weeks with a thigh strain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk came up and didn't finish a catch in training camp, talked with a trainer for several minutes, then left and didn't return.

That was sooooooooo, not what I needed today.

In other news, Malcolm Butler and Alshon Jefferey got into it during training and Butler was ejected from the practice for it (Belichick has a zero tolerance approach to fighting) and the whole thing might have turned into a huge brawl (but it didn;t). There was a dustup around Martellus Bennet later (he;s friends with the Bears, you know) but that was mostly the end of the hostilities.

ALSO Brock Vereen retired, at 23. Safety, played fro the Bears, was cut, spent part of last year on Patriots practice squad, and now apparently is hanging it up. He;s the brother of Shane Vereen, notable Patriots (now Giants) RB who holds the record for most catches by a RB in the Superbowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have an issue on ESPN's site with the drop-down menus not working? I just restarted my computer and disabled adblock, still they do nothing http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

Vance Walker done for the year with an ACL injury. Good thing Crick was a 4 year starter in Houston and played with Wade Phillips there. The depth is basically just Billy Winn (ex-Brown turned Bronco #845893749) and Adam Gotsis at this point who is coming off his own knee injury and is a rookie. Hopefully someone else steps up to fill into the DL rotation because even last year Walker was huge (he outplayed Malik Jackson when Wolfe was suspended).

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL is threatening to suspend all of the players involved in the Al Jazeera PED report if they don't provide an interview for the NFL's investigation. This excludes Peyton Manning because hes somehow proved his innocence.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL is threatening to suspend all of the players involved in the Al Jazeera PED report if they don't provide an interview for the NFL's investigation. This excludes Peyton Manning because hes somehow proved his innocence.
    I'm glad the NFL is finally actually doing something with that Al Jazeera report. The way they do it is crude as ever, but at least they're not waving the thing off.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, whoa, Eagles traded for Dorial Green-Beckham. He was an intruiging prospect last year, and even if he didn't do all that much, he also didn't flame out like some would have expected. Going to be interesting if he turns into something for the Eagles.

DBG was the best WR last year for the Titans, even though he barely had 600 yards and only 4 TDs. Now they have basically only Delanie Walker and Kendall Wright (if he's still there?) for receiving threats outside of the backfield.

Trading for an OLineman though is speaking volumes to them wanting to go heavy run game with Henry and Murray.

Since that report is (or was since it's witness recanted) super sketchy to begin with, just cooperating with the league is probably enough to not get suspended. Just sounds like the NFLPA does trust Goodell enough to talk to the league at all, and I don't blame them. Manning probably got away with cooperating because he was retiring anyway, so he did not have to care about what the NFLPA wants like the others do.

Marcell Dareus failed a drug test, wonder if the Bills will even have a defense left for week 1.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-08-16 at 07:19 PM.

Dear Buffalo,

Stop being dumb assholes.

Sincerely,

A Bills Fan
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2016-08-16 at 09:26 PM.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints pass rush is dropping like flies with no Kikaha or Rankins, at least we won't be as bad as Atlanta.

Pretty surprised they bailed on DGB already, they knew what they were getting with him, so why the change?