glyph of aspect of Cheetah question

A hunter told me that this glyph is a (at least potential) dps reduction. His argument was that if that one pet gets impaired - then it affects your whole stampede, while if you use 5 pets then one impaired will only be 1/5.

True or false?

Glyph of Aspect of the Cheetah:
    Your Aspect of the Cheetah no longer causes you to be dazed when struck. Instead, the effect is cancelled.
    Either you don't have the right glyph, or that guy is a complete idiot since this glyph has no effect on your pets at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

1) Aspect of the Cheetah doesn't affect pets rofl.
    2) The glyph eliminates the daze altogether.

Please think for yourself.

wtf. are you mistaking it for the stampede glyph which summons 5 copies of one pet instead of sending the house? in which case it's still five different copies so one being stunned or however it's going to be impaired won't cause the other four to suddenly stop attacking.

yea, sorry, I meant glyph of stampede

so you guys are saying it makes no dps difference every in no possible circomstance? vs not having the glyph?

The 'copies' are completely independent of each other?

Obviously that is not what this hunter thinks (hunter team leader in guild).
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-03-21 at 09:25 PM.

1) Aspect of the Cheetah still doesn't affect pets.
    2) If it doesn't affect any one of the Stampede pets, no, it doesn't affect all of them either.

There's no downside to Stampede glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    1) Aspect of the Cheetah still doesn't affect pets.
    2) If it doesn't affect any one of the Stampede pets, no, it doesn't affect all of them either.

Yea, I understand that completely. it was a simple brain fart that I wrote aspect of Cheetah. I meant stampede from the start.

There's no downside to Stampede glyph.

ok, thanks. that is what I was asking. Is there some written confirmation of that somewhere? The spell says it uses 'copies of your current pet' - so if your current pet is impaired when you push stampede the question is are those exact copies of the current pet (eg also impaired) or fresh new pets and copies only in the sense that they are the same type of pet. (and yea, I know if you have LW you will not have a pet out).

I agree with you, but am looking for some 'evidence' I can show this guy - as I said he is guild hunter lead so just telling him he is wrong is not going to get me very far.

Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-03-21 at 10:23 PM.

You're probably better off in a guild that doesn't have some fucking idiot for a "hunter leader".

You won't get a written confirmation anywhere because no one has ever considered it an issue because there IS no issue to write or confirm one way or the other.

It copies your current pet, means it spawns new units that look the same as your pet. That's literally all it does. It doesn't inherit anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You're probably better off in a guild that doesn't have some fucking idiot for a "hunter leader".

You won't get a written confirmation anywhere because no one has ever considered it an issue because there IS no issue to write or confirm one way or the other.

It copies your current pet, means it spawns new units that look the same as your pet. That's literally all it does. It doesn't inherit anything.
    ok, great. but can I ask how you know this for certain? How do you know the spawned pets don't 'inherit' say the health of the existing pet? Is there a way to see that in a log?

... and guilds . . . .another topic . . . . hard to find one that is good - no drama no idiots no kids . . . .
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-03-21 at 11:08 PM.

... Because I've used the Stampede glyph over a number of years? I think I'd notice.

I've also done enough exploits with Stampede to know the inner workings of the spell.

Instead of trying to prove this moron wrong, just let your playing do the talking and let him go fuck himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post
    ok, great. but can I ask how you know this for certain? How do you know the spawned pets don't 'inherit' say the health of the existing pet? Is there a way to see that in a log?

... and guilds . . . .another topic . . . . hard to find one that is good - no drama no idiots no kids . . . .
    Why not test it for yourself? Get into a duel with someone, have them stun your pet, then pop stampede and see if the other pets inherit the stun.
    wyrd bið ful aræd