Legion Feral CP generation and Energy regeneration

I mained kitty all through WotLK and Cata, and then went on and off in MoP. I distinctly remember that the combat felt much faster, had better Energy regen and more CPs to play around with, and there was always a button to press. WoD, however, feels horribly sluggish, lots of waiting around for Energy, barely able to put in any FBs before the 25% mark for Rip refresh, mostly just watching auto attacks go by.

Is this still the case in Legion? I haven't seen any obvious mention of it in the notes or dev posts that would indicate otherwise, so if one of the testers out there wouldn't mind giving me some idea of what it's at atm. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I actually agree with you because with the set bonus and endgame Gear combo points and energy actually generated pretty damn quickly in WoD.

I'm getting 3-4 FBs between each Rip, sometimes 5 if the tier bonus goes mad.

But yeah early game before you acquire tier and a high crit chance, Feral is much slower paced.

In legion feral should in theory start out much faster paced in lieu of the secondary stat scaling adjustments blizzard recently announced, meaning we'll have much more crit early on.
    Last edited by Will; 2016-03-05 at 01:34 PM.

I think you just described all specs without gear. Aren't specs supposed to feel slow and the feel faster and more powerful with gear progression? Otherwise what is the point of gear?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really like that, with low gear levels I suppose it could be. Once you get more crit, you'll get more procs from your passive Primal Fury, resulting in more combo points to spend. A reason it might feel "slow" as well is because feral autos actually do a lot of damage, and you have bleeds constantly ticking, so it makes sense that your ability pressing may seem "slow" compared to a rogue or something. It definitely improves with set bonuses and gear. It's at this point where your rotation gets a lot easier too, since there's less thought needed around Bloodtalons when your cp generation is a lot faster.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-03-05 at 04:06 PM.

Regarding this topic, i just checked some Mythic HFC vids and the energy regen is ridiculous. Was debating maining Feral in Legion, and the thing that may attract me to it was the methodical gameplay. If energy regen becomes a non issue, why play an energy class in the first place? Having a spammy energy class just invalidates energy all together. Can anyone here tell me the thought process behind this when there are tons of spammy specs out there already?

Saying that, Blizzard are smoothing out secondry stats in Legion so things shouldn't get too out of hand. Still. Windwalker swimming in energy stopped me enjoying it in MoP, and if the other energy classes are like it too i don't see the point. Energy classes should be limited by energy to the point where you need to make smart decisions, and pool etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Regarding this topic, i just checked some Mythic HFC vids and the energy regen is ridiculous. Was debating maining Feral in Legion, and the thing that may attract me to it was the methodical gameplay. If energy regen becomes a non issue, why play an energy class in the first place? Having a spammy energy class just invalidates energy all together. Can anyone here tell me the thought process behind this when there are tons of spammy specs out there already?

Saying that, Blizzard are smoothing out secondry stats in Legion so things shouldn't get too out of hand. Still. Windwalker swimming in energy stopped me enjoying it in MoP, and if the other energy classes are like it too i don't see the point. Energy classes should be limited by energy to the point where you need to make smart decisions, and pool etc.
    This tier is an anomaly for Feral, with the class trinket making Berserk last for a minute or so as well as the set bonuses making Omen of Clarity proc more and be more effective.
    I disagree about all energy specs needing to be like you describe them, however, I think it's good if there's variety(Feral/Assassination being the slower pool-y specs, Sub being somewhere in the middle and WW/Combat being the faster specs, for example)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-03-05 at 06:20 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Granted, compared to my gear in WotLK and Cata I'm extremely low ilvl as of right now. That could of course be it, but I just wanted to hear it from you guys. Any recommendations for sites that post theorycrafting numbers? Would love to see where ferals are sitting with glyphed/unglyphed SR now and in legion. Pretty sure the numbers will change quite a bit by the time of release, but it will at least give a little landmarker of where things are going.

I definitely don't like spammy energy specs. I also have a rogue, and Sub basically never runs out of energy, making it feel like a very useless resource in that spec. However, it just felt like ferals were absurdely slow, especially at lower gear levels unlike any I had seen before.
    Last edited by Drihan; 2016-03-05 at 06:39 PM.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

It is purely gear. Feral scales faster in WoD than other expansions. With 4 piece T18 and the Archimonde trinket Feral has way too much energy. That's the main reason Feral drops like a rock in Simulationcraft when comparing 720 vs 735. 3 minute cooldowns is another big issue but we've been asking for 2 minute cooldowns since BC, unlikely it will ever happen at this point.

I'm actually thinking of switching from rogue to feral for Legion. Been playing rogue since TBC, I'm not sure yet if I will tho.

In PvE without end game 4pc/trinket i feel a little sluggish. In PvP outside berserk/incarn, you dont do any damage.... because of energy starvation.