Thread: Stellaris

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Indeed... ooh.. that sounds interesting.

Yeah... I'd like to glass some of these planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The game does need a planet glassing option in general.
    This game needs death stars. Or at least, the ability to completely obliterate all structures on a colony Kotor Taris style via extremely heavy orbital bombardment.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Indeed... ooh.. that sounds interesting.

Yeah... I'd like to glass some of these planets.
    !@#$ that. Let me make stars disappear. Being able to glass a planet would be too powerful from a growth option if you get to destroy a desert-species enemy's planet and then colonize the unused ocean planet with your species...

But if you nuke a star ? Total destruction. nothing but asteroid belts and a black hole or somesuch.

Be fun to watch a ring get damaged too. =)

Deleted
    I'm still waiting for a race that can strip mine planets and leave them as nothing but barren rock, while slowly moving from system to system.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    !@#$ that. Let me make stars disappear. Being able to glass a planet would be too powerful from a growth option if you get to destroy a desert-species enemy's planet and then colonize the unused ocean planet with your species...
    Glassing a planet should clearly make it barren, Halo-style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I'm still waiting for a race that can strip mine planets and leave them as nothing but barren rock, while slowly moving from system to system.
    Sounds like one Vasari faction in Sins of a Solar Empire.

Enjoying the shit out of this game.

My empires got a mighty alliance going on with another race and 2 vassal races with fairly good sized areas now serving me. Another potential race that super loves me is about to join the alliance. At that point and my fleet being 20k I will declare war on the nearest fallen empire. Shit will get real XD

Yesterday's beta hotfix is now an actual hotfix!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...eports.933823/

You can now design transports! A much needed change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Sounds like one Vasari faction in Sins of a Solar Empire.
    Vasari Loyalists. My favourite faction in Sins. And Paradox have a precedent in EU4 with the current horde mechanics allowing you to raze a province to get a bunch of free monarch points, so hopefully something similar comes into Stellaris.

I personally want something a bit more lore friendly than the VLoyalists in Sins though, I imagine something more along the style of 40k Tyranids where they break everything in the planet down into biomatter to be loaded up onto the Hive Ships would fit more in Stellaris than "We blew up this planet now lets get these minerals from it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Enjoying the shit out of this game.

My empires got a mighty alliance going on with another race and 2 vassal races with fairly good sized areas now serving me. Another potential race that super loves me is about to join the alliance. At that point and my fleet being 20k I will declare war on the nearest fallen empire. Shit will get real XD
    Just bear in mind that Fallen Empires generally have around 100k fleet strength, and there tech will be more advanced than yours.

I went against the Fallen Empire I beat with 120k military strength, and barely came out with 10k intact at the end of it.

Free Tachyon Beams, Hyper Shields and level V armour though.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2016-05-18 at 12:07 PM.

I went on the offensive against a Fallen Empire and won. It gave everyone a -300 threat modifier opinion.

Deleted
    What I really want to know is when we'll get Super Capital ships.

Cos we all know they are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

But if you nuke a star ? Total destruction. nothing but asteroid belts and a black hole or somesuch.

Be fun to watch a ring get damaged too. =)
    The option to destroy a planet should indeed make it unusable. Perhaps it would have to be possible to terraform it back to relevant habitability level, but otherwise a barren world.

Destroying a star would be cool too. It reminds me of certain old awesome game end cinematic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BlCM-3Ivbo

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought HoI4 was coming out too soon after Stellaris but now I think its perfect timing. I can switch back and forth while waiting for improvements to one or the other.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    At first I thought HoI4 was coming out too soon after Stellaris but now I think its perfect timing. I can switch back and forth while waiting for improvements to one or the other.
    Paradox really know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Vasari Loyalists. My favourite faction in Sins. And Paradox have a precedent in EU4 with the current horde mechanics allowing you to raze a province to get a bunch of free monarch points, so hopefully something similar comes into Stellaris.

I personally want something a bit more lore friendly than the VLoyalists in Sins though, I imagine something more along the style of 40k Tyranids where they break everything in the planet down into biomatter to be loaded up onto the Hive Ships would fit more in Stellaris than "We blew up this planet now lets get these minerals from it".

- - - Updated - - -

Just bear in mind that Fallen Empires generally have around 100k fleet strength, and there tech will be more advanced than yours.

I went against the Fallen Empire I beat with 120k military strength, and barely came out with 10k intact at the end of it.

Free Tachyon Beams, Hyper Shields and level V armour though.
    Ah makes sense, will hold off until I get over 100k. I aim to get another member or two into my alliance, that should also help out with fleet stuff.

Fair word of warning: Do not stack up all your shit into a single fleet when you get to the high capacity numbers. I did that yesterday. I wanted to stack it all up and then split it into several smaller equally-sized fleets. It broke the UI. It simply does not show up when I select the fleet. So now I've got a single 101k fleet that I can't do much with thanks to the in-battle AI sucking ass.

Deleted
    I have a big problem with fleets that use different weapons with different range.

Sometimes they won't fly in close and only use long range weapons, I had 2 destroyers using swarm rockets, my other 100+ ships with close range weapons did nothing and got destroyed by a Swarm defense station... well, I obviously made them retreat before that happened, it's fucking annoying though.

If you win/end a war while your armies are attacking a planet that you won't annex, you will lose all of them, they will still show up in the UI, you most likely still have to pay for them, but you can't use them.
    Same thing happens if you let them fight on a planet you want/liberate... it's really a pain in the ass. Before they add content, they should fix these kind of bugs first.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-18 at 04:06 PM.

Do you have defensive ai mode on your ships? Apparently it makes ships really careful. I heard this is known problem and will probably be changed.

I only use aggressive ai on my ships. They will charge in and attack.

Deleted
    I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure I had the syntethic AI mod unlocked but maybe they were still using the old design.

Defensive AI is so overpowered though

Custom bio in the next patch! https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/st...42084550844416

Also custom ruler titles in the next patch! https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/st...72603699265536

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    The option to destroy a planet should indeed make it unusable. Perhaps it would have to be possible to terraform it back to relevant habitability level, but otherwise a barren world.

Destroying a star would be cool too. It reminds me of certain old awesome game end cinematic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BlCM-3Ivbo
    I think you missed what I meant... if I'm not going to use the planet in the first place, then destroying it isn't much of a choice.

Although if you want to go with planet nuking, I'd say wiping the planet and requiring terraforming (or a few decades) just for it to revert to a Tomb World would be a good start.

But destroying a rival's planet that wasn't habitable to you to begin with, isn't a big deal to me. Its not like you're gonna be nuking gaia planets.