Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hillary Clinton laughs at idea of letting men into her cabinet

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hi...rticle/2588408

Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton is so down with the idea of a matriarchy that she laughed at the notion of letting a man into her presidential cabinet.

During an interview with Newsday, Clinton was asked if there would be "gender parity" in her cabinet. Clinton responded: "Sure, absolutely, because I sure would love to reach that."

But when asked a follow-up question by Newsday's Lane Filler about whether she would "at least let one man" into her cabinet, Clinton laughed and said: "I'm still considering that."

OK, I get it. This was a joke, and if I had been there I probably would have laughed. We as a society need to chill on this kind of stuff and not be so sensitive when it comes to obvious jokes like this.

Of course Hillary Clinton will have men in her cabinet. Some of them might be white, or they might not be.

The issue here — and the reason I'm writing this when I generally think we should lay off politicians who tell dumb jokes — is the double standard. If a male candidate had this exact same exchange about a woman being in his cabinet (and wasn't joking, but simply stating that he would be looking at resumes and considering the best person for the job — regardless of gender), he would be excoriated.

Case in point: When former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney discussed his quest to ensure qualified women were hired in his administration as Massachusetts governor, he was lambasted because he said he had "binders full of women", referring to resumes. Romney was specifically talking about making sure he included women in his administration, and he was made fun of and accused of sexism.

Now here we are, with a female presidential candidate joking about the possibility of excluding a sex from her candidate, and laughter's had all around.

In another follow-up question, Newsday editor Rita Ciolli asked Clinton if she had "a list" of women she was considering for positions. Her colleague Filler jokingly added: "Binders?" And all three laughed once again.

---

Filler: "So you will at least let one man into your cabinet?"

Clinton: "I'm still considering that. [Laughter.]

Obviously I want to demonstrate what difference it makes to have a woman president. And your other question, which I'm sorry I didn't respond to, I do believe that, based on my experience in the Senate, based on my work as secretary of state, women decision-makers see issues from our own perspective, our own different sets of experiences. And are more open to different kinds of solutions that we then can link to our experience. So I think that there is a difference in governing. And in putting forth an agenda that we think can achieve the kind of progress we're looking for."

Just imagine a male candidate saying that "men are more open to different kinds of solutions as decision makers"

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some real, serious policy-related issues with a Clinton administration.

Whether or not she is a comedic genius is not one of them.

---Edit---

Wow, 4+ pages already?

Why talk about actual problems when you can focus on made-up controversies instead, I guess.
    Last edited by Magicalcrab; 2016-04-14 at 01:31 PM.

The eternally outraged on the left are only outraged when someone on the right does something "wrong". People from the left almost universally get a free pass to say and do anything.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's not sexism if its against Men guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deciding what is worse, people taking this seriously or this being newsworthy.

One thing i am certain of, happy that i didn't grew up over there. Poor kids being exposed to this type of news and they wonder why people are so poorly informed and educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hi...rticle/2588408

Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton is so down with the idea of a matriarchy that she laughed at the notion of letting a man into her presidential cabinet.

During an interview with Newsday, Clinton was asked if there would be "gender parity" in her cabinet. Clinton responded: "Sure, absolutely, because I sure would love to reach that."

But when asked a follow-up question by Newsday's Lane Filler about whether she would "at least let one man" into her cabinet, Clinton laughed and said: "I'm still considering that."

OK, I get it. This was a joke, and if I had been there I probably would have laughed. We as a society need to chill on this kind of stuff and not be so sensitive when it comes to obvious jokes like this.

Of course Hillary Clinton will have men in her cabinet. Some of them might be white, or they might not be.

The issue here — and the reason I'm writing this when I generally think we should lay off politicians who tell dumb jokes — is the double standard. If a male candidate had this exact same exchange about a woman being in his cabinet (and wasn't joking, but simply stating that he would be looking at resumes and considering the best person for the job — regardless of gender), he would be excoriated.

Case in point: When former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney discussed his quest to ensure qualified women were hired in his administration as Massachusetts governor, he was lambasted because he said he had "binders full of women", referring to resumes. Romney was specifically talking about making sure he included women in his administration, and he was made fun of and accused of sexism.

Now here we are, with a female presidential candidate joking about the possibility of excluding a sex from her candidate, and laughter's had all around.

In another follow-up question, Newsday editor Rita Ciolli asked Clinton if she had "a list" of women she was considering for positions. Her colleague Filler jokingly added: "Binders?" And all three laughed once again.

---

Filler: "So you will at least let one man into your cabinet?"

Clinton: "I'm still considering that. [Laughter.]

Obviously I want to demonstrate what difference it makes to have a woman president. And your other question, which I'm sorry I didn't respond to, I do believe that, based on my experience in the Senate, based on my work as secretary of state, women decision-makers see issues from our own perspective, our own different sets of experiences. And are more open to different kinds of solutions that we then can link to our experience. So I think that there is a difference in governing. And in putting forth an agenda that we think can achieve the kind of progress we're looking for."

Just imagine a male candidate saying that "men are more open to different kinds of solutions as decision makers"
    Except that male dominance has been prominent for up to probably the last 10-15 years so .... who cares?

If men are "offended by this double standard" they need to stop being precious. Woman have and still deal with this crap on a daily basis, and to make an issue with it because it doesn't look like equality is like when white people complain when policies are put in place to support non-white minorities that are struggle.

She might be the first FEMALE PRESIDENT EVER. Give her (and woman) a bit of slack.

I had no idea Hillary had a vagina? Is this new? Has she ever mentioned it before?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    My guess is Hillary Clinton is better at telling jokes than Mitt Romney.
    no the left remembers what I joke is when told by someone with a big D in front of their name but all of a sudden forget if they have an R in front of theirs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Except that male dominance has been prominent for up to probably the last 10-15 years so .... who cares?

If men are "offended by this double standard" they need to stop being precious. Woman have and still deal with this crap on a daily basis, and to make an issue with it because it doesn't look like equality is like when white people complain when policies are put in place to support non-white minorities that are struggle.

She might be the first FEMALE PRESIDENT EVER. Give her (and woman) a bit of slack.
    if you feel one group should be treat different then another no mater the reason your not looking for equity your asking for special treatment

Deleted
    Clinton doesn't care one way or another. She just want's to be president.

I think she of all people might have benefitted a great deal from "gender inequality" by not having decent female competition when working her way up.

I don't quite get the point of this thread: Trigger the usual self-victimizing crowd or point out those exact people can't take a joke?

The question was asked to her and she responded with a joke, is this the best you can come up with?

10+ Year Old Account
    She laughs at many things.

/popcorn

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. It was a light hearted joke. Analyzing it like that is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    She laughs at many things.

/popcorn
    Exactly, that makes her an unfit candidate! - Sadanyo (?), Xarim and the usual crowd

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    it's not sexism if its against Men guys.
    Bloody hell, its a joke. Grow up some pants, what stunning is that suddenly a joke has become newsworthy material. Jeez, MRAs this days get triggered easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Bloody hell, its a joke. Grow up some pants, what stunning is that suddenly a joke has become newsworthy material. Jeez, MRAs this days get triggered easily.
    Oh it's just a joke? Like when Tim Hunt made a Joke and it got massive backlash because it was "sexist" yeah ok dude.

Also what makes you think I am an MRA :/

Oh it's just a joke? Like when Tim Hunt made a Joke and it got massive backlash because it was "sexist" yeah ok dude.

Also what makes you think I am an MRA :/
    It's almost like a joke can have socio-cultural context. It's like Obama joking if we would consider letting white man/woman work with him.

You can think beyond A or get foam at your mouth; your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I don't quite get the point of this thread: Trigger the usual self-victimizing crowd or point out those exact people can't take a joke?

The question was asked to her and she responded with a joke, is this the best you can come up with?
    I'm pretty sure the point is if it was a dude making the joke about Women there would be harpies screaming for his blood.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like a joke can have socio-cultural context. It's like Obama joking if we would consider letting white man/woman work with him.

You can think beyond A or get foam at your mouth; your choice.
    I'm not foaming, just pointing out the pure hypocrisy of the modern day offense crowd, I couldn't give a shit about what she said, it was a joke albiet not a funny one. I'm just saying if a Man made the same kind of Joke there would be outraged across the internet.

Hypocrisy is real.

I'm pretty sure the point is if it was a dude making the joke about Women there would be harpies screaming for his blood.
    Yes, because the context would be different... it would just be as silly imo if a dude was selling it as only a joke.

It's confusing when people request a candidate be less scrutinized because she's a woman.
    But anyway. If anything, the scrutinizing should be directed at the folks doing the questioning.
    As for Hillary exploiting the double standard at every opportunity... it's scummy as fuck, which is exactly what we expect politicians to do: she's an equal asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the context would be different... it would just be as silly imo if a dude was selling it as only a joke.
    Explain how the context would be different if a guy said it about Women?