Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Current Havoc Demon Hunter Animations

I maintain the document which has floated around here, and I've also done a series of videos on animations for different classes; finally got round to getting all the Demon Hunter ones in now that things seem to have settled down here:

Thanks for posting these Wordup. It looked like the animation for Fel Eruption has been toned down. Didn't it used to look like a stone erupting on the target?

Also, when using Eye Beam the character rises really high in the air. Has there been sny issues fighting a small mob where the beam just shoots over their head and misses?

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Thanks for posting these Wordup. It looked like the animation for Fel Eruption has been toned down. Didn't it used to look like a stone erupting on the target?

Also, when using Eye Beam the character rises really high in the air. Has there been sny issues fighting a small mob where the beam just shoots over their head and misses?
    Eruption has always been a bit muted, this is the first time in a while it's got something actually tied to the cast, could probably do with some more.

In regards to mechanics with Eye Beam, verticality doesn't seem to matter atm (same with the Artifact active), has a fairly forgiving area check for its hitbox.

hmm the coloring on many of the abilities seems off to me, or at least the "fel" colored ones. They look like a much darker tone of green, kinda like a teal-ish or emerald green instead of that yellow-green bright coloring of most demonic magic or fel infused abilities. compare the coloring of these abilities to warlock's abilities who have green fire and you can see there is a difference. Wonder if that's intentional, btw thanks for posting this video
    Last edited by demonik; 2016-03-26 at 04:54 AM.

I really want them to add a new a animation for Fury of the Illidari. It looks so good damn awful right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I really want them to add a new a animation for Fury of the Illidari. It looks so good damn awful right now.
    I would make it Havoc's version of Immolation Aura, a column of fel fire that continously burns everyone and then explodes (with the other gold trait) in a fel nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    I would make it Havoc's version of Immolation Aura, a column of fel fire that continously burns everyone and then explodes (with the other gold trait) in a fel nova.
    Oh god please.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    Would certainly take this over what we currently have, that's for damn sure. Never been terribly fond of the FotI animation. Seems a little plain and a bit odd as well that it looks like blades spinning around yet it deals Chaos damage the whole time.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Would certainly take this over what we currently have, that's for damn sure. Never been terribly fond of the FotI animation. Seems a little plain and a bit odd as well that it looks like blades spinning around yet it deals Chaos damage the whole time.
    I just keep telling myself its a place holder animation. Please be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    I just keep telling myself its a place holder animation. Please be.
    Make it like Ravager, but fel greeeeeeeeeeen

Make it like Ravager, but fel greeeeeeeeeeen
    To be completely honest, I would be 100% ok with them gutting all our "gold" artifact abilities and redesigning them. FoTI is incredibly boring when you compare it to the other specs (Vengeance's is also).

Why design an ability so cool like Rain from Above, and then stick it on a PVP talent tree on a tier with a damaging cyclone, guaranteeing it will never be used, is beyond me.

THAT should be our artifact ability IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even when FotI was the double activated version, it seemed very very bland. Really hoping for some cool animation pass over it.

Who knows, this could end up like the Monk and have abilities fundamentally change every other patch (I'm looking at you RJW and Ring of Peace). That or the mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azulor View Post
    Even when FotI was the double activated version, it seemed very very bland. Really hoping for some cool animation pass over it.

Who knows, this could end up like the Monk and have abilities fundamentally change every other patch (I'm looking at you RJW and Ring of Peace). That or the mastery.
    I kind of want to chalk it up to them perhaps getting the other 34 specs worked on (or even added, in Brewmaster and Destrucion's case). I sincerely hope that whatever they decide to give us that it has more to it than just spinning glaives. A weapon trail for them at least would suffice for me, even if the functionality of the ability is a little poopy by being stationary.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, the animation for FotI will probably be spruced up a bit when you obtain a flashier skin of the artifact or get a sexy 'mog over the rather plain base model.

Still hoping they add some green weapon trails for it either way though, would go a ways to making the ability more bearable to use even if it functionally stays the same

Personally I'd like to see Fury of the Illidari be like Illidan's glaive throws in BT, Toss a glaive (same model as Throw Glaive so it's not actually something you're directly wielding) into the ground that pulses for the same damage and mechanics as current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Personally I'd like to see Fury of the Illidari be like Illidan's glaive throws in BT, Toss a glaive (same model as Throw Glaive so it's not actually something you're directly wielding) into the ground that pulses for the same damage and mechanics as current.
    How about you embed the glaives and have it deal damage that way? Having it rooted to one spot kinda stinks, doesn't it?

How about you embed the glaives and have it deal damage that way? Having it rooted to one spot kinda stinks, doesn't it?
    Well, ultimately not every spell can have no downsides. FotI does a LOT of damage, so if the downside is that it requires intelligent placement and decision making, I think that's fair; when you start to remove downsides from spells for flexibility is when potentially unnecessary nerfs start to come in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Well, ultimately not every spell can have no downsides. FotI does a LOT of damage, so if the downside is that it requires intelligent placement and decision making, I think that's fair; when you start to remove downsides from spells for flexibility is when potentially unnecessary nerfs start to come in.
    Fair enough. That said, I do prefer the idea of throwing the glaives similar to Illidan and having them both radiate Chaos Damage. Would certainly give it some much needed visual appeal and would (possibly? ) remove the off-hand penalty it seems to suffer from presently (at least, logs seem to indicate there is one, I can stand to be corrected)

Deleted
    Feels weird that the glaive doesn't return to you when you throw it. The pally avenger's shield does...

Is Darkness confirmed to be coming to the DH toolkit? I rather like it.

If they are iontent on keeping the spinning Warglaives, I would like to be able to place it like Ravager for Warriors, or make it follow us. Right now, its frustrating to use in certain fights. The 4/6 bosses I have been able to test so far, has had specific places to keep the mobs, so it has been doable.

That said, class fantasy wise, it would be way better to get an immolation Aura, but that is more tied to the Demon Hunter and not so much the weapons. There is sadly little lore surrounding the weapons as they were made for Legion specifically. Just QoL changes would help though.