Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

China announces sanctions against North Korea

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6969256.html

China has announced a series of sanctions against North Korea.

The country has restricted imports of North Korean coal and sales of jet fuel under UN sanctions.

The Security Council passed a resolution in March, which expanded UN sanctions aimed at withholding funds for the North's nuclear and ballistic missile programmes. It came after Pyongyang conducted four tests in recent months.

Among the North Korean materials to be banned, some of which are fundamental to the country's revenue, is coal, iron, iron ore, gold, titanium and rare earths.

While China's restrictions allow some North Korean materials to be imported for civilian use, any trade connected to the North's missile or nuclear programmes has been prohibited. For the UN sanctions to succeed, the cooperation of China - an ally of North Korea - has been viewed as essential.

The move by China comes after the global Nuclear Security Summit held in Washington last week. There, at a meeting between Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping, the US President said both countries were “committed to the [denuclearisation] of the Korean Peninsula”.

Mr Xi said: “China and the US have a responsibility to work together.”

After the vote on the resolution, drafted by the US and China, US Ambassador Samantha Power said the sanctions were the toughest yet.

"Virtually all of the DPRK's (North Korea) resources are channelled into its reckless and relentless pursuit of weapons of mass destruction," she said.

UN sanctions have been imposed on North Korea since 2006 because of the country's nuclear tests and rocket launches

Deleted
    Poor Kim.

/10char

Holy shit!

I knew China was getting pissed off but I wasn't expecting this so suddenly. I'm guessing Kim really does have some mental instability and alienated China as they tried to reign in their irrational behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Donald pulled some strings in china to make this happen. Quality leadership. Good on china, this could break them!
    Hi

My first question - has China done/said anything like this before? Basically... is this just talk, or is it real?

If it's real and significant, then good on China and Obama.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea truly is the billy no mates of countries

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    My first question - has China done/said anything like this before? Basically... is this just talk, or is it real?

If it's real and significant, then good on China and Obama.
    China has never agreed to anything like this before to my memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Donald pulled some strings in china to make this happen. Quality leadership. Good on china, this could break them!
    He loves China, China loves him. Donald has many friends that are China.

Deleted
    Except Donald can't pull any strings in china.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it has finally frozen over in hell.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    So it has finally frozen over in hell.
    the deepest part of hell was pretty cold.

That's unexpected, now we just have to wait for the coup or revolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Damn, what a turn of events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Maybe now North Korea will finally be forced to get their shit together.

This is pretty fantastic news. Wonder how kim will react.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you say "bitchslap" in Mandarin?

Jeez, makes you wonder what barrel the US bent China over to squeeze this out of them. This is pretty shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

They should never have dealt with him in the first place.

All they saw was money but now they start getting scared.
    Last edited by Guyv3r; 2016-04-05 at 03:42 PM.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Donald pulled some strings in china to make this happen.
    Wh...why? Why wouldn't you be? Trump's done nothing but antagonize China while running for office, he hasn't been to China in ages, and has zero diplomatic weight. Plus, even if he didn't brag about it before it happened (which he would), he'd definitely have tweeted by now if he was involved, now that there are tangible results.

In what realistic world would Trump have any effect on this, based on existing evidence?

Deleted
    What will Glorious Leader do about it? Will he make the Red Chinese Invaders pay by unleashing a nuclear storm upon them?

Will he destroy all communists? Wait.